The Packers - Committed to their own

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s not reading between the lines, that’s you seeing exactly what you want despite being told that is absolutely not what is being implied by the people writing it.

D

Deleted member 6794

That’s not reading between the lines, that’s you seeing exactly what you want despite being told that is absolutely not what is being implied by the people writing it.

Really? If that's true why isn't anybody mentioning the majority of examples in which even trying to replace an above average starter failed?

I tell you, because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, you really do just see what you want. NOBODY has said Love is a HOF'er. Nobody said the pick was brilliant. why do people Pick Rodgers to Favre? oh maybe because it's the Packers and the last transition we had and a plausible reason they picked Love?

Considering I myself have said many times that QB's like Rodgers come around once every, well almost never as I think he's probably top 5 in the NFL ever when it comes to the total package, I think that speaks to itself how hard it is going to be to "replace" him. Most QB's picked are barely adequate on a good day. Everybody watching the NFL knows the likelihood of picking a decent QB let alone replacing a HOF'er with another HOF'er.

Does it need to be mentioned? I mean it has been, by myself included, multiple times, but does it even really need to be? The difficulty is obvious.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, you really do just see what you want. NOBODY has said Love is a HOF'er. Nobody said the pick was brilliant. why do people Pick Rodgers to Favre? oh maybe because it's the Packers and the last transition we had and a plausible reason they picked Love?

Considering I myself have said many times that QB's like Rodgers come around once every, well almost never as I think he's probably top 5 in the NFL ever when it comes to the total package, I think that speaks to itself how hard it is going to be to "replace" him. Most QB's picked are barely adequate on a good day. Everybody watching the NFL knows the likelihood of picking a decent QB let alone replacing a HOF'er with another HOF'er.

Does it need to be mentioned? I mean it has been, by myself included, multiple times, but does it even really need to be? The difficulty is obvious.
Well said. We've been blessed to have two, first-ballot HOF QBs for 30 plus years. Two QBs. How many have the Bears been through in the last 5 years? And Rodgers is a rare, rare talent. So we should count ourselves lucky for having a competitive team to follow for many, many years. We still do.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute sucks for picking Love.

Gute saw a talent couldnt pass up because rodgers has slipped SOME in last 3 years.

Thats the chad cliffton note version
That's probably the simple truth of the matter. Waste a pick because a generational talent threw a few more incompletions than in the past. I mean, that's all I saw.

D

Deleted member 6794

There are posters who mention the transition from Favre to Rodgers because they believe the Packers are smarter than all other teams in the league when it comes to replacing a HOF quarterback.

In reality the chanes of Love or any other QB for that matter who will end up replacing Rodgers becoming a HOFer as well are extremely small.

As a side note, I haven't said you're not aware of that fact. But you need to read between the lines when other posters don't realize it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well now..

Gute said working on few things with aaron contract..and he is our guy and excited for next few years

Members online

Latest posts