1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Packers behind The Packers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by I_am_smoked_cheddar, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Rumor has it that the Vikings sent them the inflatable roof they had over the Metrodumb.
    You know.
    The one that caved in and got a hole when the snow came in.
    It's OK though.
    It's all patched up with duct tape.
    It's packed up in crates where Brett Favre's locker used to be.

:D

2. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Rodell

Every Green Bay Packer Home game weekend brings in Est. $11M spent in Green Bay/Brown County.by Packer football fans and fans other NFL team.
    This money is spent by fans in hotels, restaurants, bars, sports bars and Grills , gas stations , retail stores etc.

Estimated. 112,000 football fans come to Green Bay in the month August to attend Packer training camp practices at Ray Nitschke Stadium. These football fans spend millions during their stay in Green Bay/Brown County .
    Green Bay's Lambeau Field is a destination of Packer fans all year, but big time in the summer months.

In fact, The State of Wisconsin Department of Tourism estimate Tourist (including Packer Fans) and conventions business brings over $500M annually into Green Bay/Brown County .

3. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Jack.

The chair person of Packer 7 member Executive Committee is the spoke person for this committee is Mark Murphy, Murphy has the position of Packer President /CEO and also chair person of the Packer Executive Committee.

I don't think in this modern era of NFL , we will ever see the Green Bay Packers go back to dual position of Packer GM , Director of Football Operation and also Head Coach of Packers. Mike Sherman (2001-2004) will be last person to have those dual positions for the Packers. . .

4. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60

5. GreenDeath

GreenDeath Canuck

Ratings:
    +11
    The fan base would revolt if they ever attempted to turn Lambeau into a domed/retractable roof stadium.

6. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +984
    Well yea that definitely qulifies as making a killing haha.

7. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Even if the league mandated it (We'll see if Farmer's Almanac was right)

8. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,004
    Fan base be danged. I'm paying for that stadium and I would like to see it used more than about 48 hours a year. The "other" events hinted at during the last taxpayer shakedown have been very few. The Atrium has been used I'll admit but not the bowl. One major concert, a hockey game or two and an upcoming college football game. The snowmobile races were scrubbed by the weather. That is about it. Oh, and the annual shareholder meeting.

9. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,824
    I know, thus:
    Whether it's the executive board or the board of directors who officially have the power to replace Murphy, my guess is the executive board members would have more of a say than board members.
    I hope not but as you noted, Harlan after (IMO) correcting the structure of the organization made the mistake of reverting to the GM/HC model because he was so fond of Sherman. And that happened in the modern era. Who is to say what Murphy would do if Thompson retires and McCarthy leaves too (either voluntarily or not)? I hope Murphy would find the best VP/GM candidate he could find and allow him to hire a HC, but if the hottest HC prospect wants the GM powers too… I don’t expect it, I just don’t know.

BTW, if you have been a fan since the 1940s , you know the contribution Jack Vainisi made in ‘setting the table’ for Lombardi. It’s not a big deal but I’d prefer being referred to as TJV, or Thx. My forum name is an homage to Vainisi, but I’m not “Jack”.

10. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +332
    I think domed football stadiums should be outlawed in the NFL.

11. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    I used to think that as well. ... but as I get older the thought of a warm dome playoff game in January looks better and better. :D

12. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +332
    I hear you on that point.
    Since I have sworn off cold weather games at Lambeau, I know if it was domed I would be there in December and January.
    I also know it would be much harder to get tickets no matter what time of year.

13. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    I went to a December Packer game in Detroit years ago... and I'm not gonna lie... it was pretty nice to sit and watch a game comfortably without freezing my arsh off.

14. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,949
    [​IMG]

15. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    :D:D:D:tup: