The Packers are FINE...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are me and triple P the only ones on here happy with the Packers win over SD?

Fine if we are. I really don't care what anyone else thinks or writes.
Packers are 8-0.
It's all good.

OP
OP
PackPackPackers

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is arguing that a win is a win and that is good? The fashion which this game played out is what we are unhappy with. What is so hard to understand about that?

Yeah...but you continue to MISS the point. The Packers FIND a win anyway no matter how bad they played. That is a sign of a championship team. They are tenacious.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright, I will continue to take a win. Packers are going to win the Super Bowl buddy. ;p No worries!

Well i hope the team doesn't have the same mentality as you because if they think they have "no worries" they're not going to get any better and IMO won't be winning the Super Bowl with the same defense that showed up tonight.

OP
OP
PackPackPackers

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well i hope the team doesn't have the same mentality as you because if they think they have "no worries" they're not going to get any better and IMO won't be winning the Super Bowl with the same defense that showed up tonight.

Are you serious right now? I would USE the same defense that we had today. WHY?

Simple, because we had 3 interceptions. I'll take that any day. Packers will continue to make turnovers, just watch. That is why they win.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is arguing that a win is a win and that is good? The fashion which this game played out is what we are unhappy with. What is so hard to understand about that?
Well, the majority of posts on here are complaining.
I guess what I don't understand is why credit isn't given where it's due.
Packers D held back the Chargers from a winning score. They made them kick the first punt.
We have different outlooks/perspectives on the game. Mine is bright. I like to look at it positively no matter how the team played. I am just so psyched that the Pack is still undefeated and am going to enjoy that as long as I can.
I agree that the D could have been better and does need improving. I have faith that the Packers coaching staff is aware of that and are doing all they can to fix that.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems defense only "plays" when game is on the line. Rivers did nothing on last drive. But before that we were completely carved up. Last 2 min were heart-stopping for Packers fans -____-

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Are you serious right now? I would USE the same defense that we had today. WHY?

Simple, because we had 3 interceptions. I'll take that any day. Packers will continue to make turnovers, just watch. That is why they win.
You need to watch some of the other teams in the NFL play. Because there are several teams the Packers with this defense will not get by. They may go 16-0, but if the defense don't shape up they won't make it past their first playoff game. To put it simply, the Packers defense is not good enough at this point to get them back to the Super Bowl. And if you believe they are, you either have really dark glasses or blinders on.

OP
OP
PackPackPackers

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Delirious.

Those picks could have been made by a Division III college team and were not the result of good defense but horrible decision making by Rivers.

That is not true. Phillip Rivers is a great QB and has a good offense. We just outplayed and OUT COACHED them.

OP
OP
PackPackPackers

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You need to watch some of the other teams in the NFL play. Because there are several teams the Packers with this defense will not get by. They may go 16-0, but if the defense don't shape up they won't make it past their first playoff game. To put it simply, the Packers defense is not good enough at this point to get them back to the Super Bowl. And if you believe they are, you either have really dark glasses or blinders on.

Alright then, I guess we'll see. Colts did it in 2006 because of a bad defense, but we have a much better defense. So no worries.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
A win is a win, yes. But we can't just live for today. At some point, if our D keeps playing like they did today, it's going to catch up with us and cost us a game or two. Right now, based on our offense alone, there is not another team in the league that can hold a candle to us. You can say the D saved the game with the pick late in the 4th (should of been a pick 6 but that's a whole other argument), but they were merely digging themselves out of a hole they created aside from the 14 points that they created on turnovers. I have the utmost faith in this entire team and I think even with our D playing like this, we still have hopes of going undefeated. I'd worry over the Giants game, Eli is on fire. I think we can handle the Lions but I don't think it will be easy.

Several hypothetical scenarios could of come into play for this game. It could be they (I'm referring to the D here, the O is beyond reproach) were rusty coming off the bye week. They could of underestimated the Chargers or they got overconfident. It could be the Chargers and Rivers are much better than their record would indicate and they have just been plagued by bad luck. One thing is for certain where Rivers is concerned. His high rate of INTs pretty much killed this game for the Chargers and our D had the grace to capitalize on them. I think he is a good QB, but if he wants to excel, he's going to have to stop doing that.

Here are some things to comfort ourselves where the D is concerned. They may not be playing to where we want them to be, where they should be, but we have to hang onto hope that they will and the sooner the better. The talent level is still very strong, Dom Capers's wisdom may yet save them. I think we have good reason to be concerned about our D, but I have strong faith it will right itself in the end.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man... after watching the giants own my patriots today... they seem like superbowl contenders (they were missing some star players as well). I believe the giants might be able to upset the packs if they meet in the playoffs...

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers D was tired after being on the field too many possessions in a row early in the game.

So the packers D beat themselves cause they were scoring too many points. For some odd reason i could sorta buy that but they are pros conditioning

GBMuskies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the packers D beat themselves cause they were scoring too many points. For some odd reason i could sorta buy that but they are pros conditioning

A little tongue in cheek obviously, but they had to be a little gassed in the first half. They were out there a lot. That's the punishment for scoring two defensive TDs. And the offense took an extra possession to get in the flow because they were on the sidelines for so long. The two quick pick sixes made the time of possession numbers bizarre.

It was bizarro world out there.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Anyone get hurt today?

I know when the Colts played in SD it seemed there was always a season ending injury or something and our pass rush would slow down dramatically on their field.

Members online

Latest posts