The Packers A Second Half Team?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anybody else noticed that last season the Pack seemed to light it up in the first half, build up a lead and kind of lay back in the second half and allow the other team to catch up? It made for some nailbiters of games. This season, I'm kind of noticing we are slow to start in the first half and seem to build up a head of steam in the second. Not to complain as we are winning games. One thing I've really noticed is this season we are able to hold onto the lead and the win. The word I am going to invoke here is clutch, a word I've been longing to use for about two years. I really think we have that something extra now that is going to allow us to just dominate. Do you think being a second half team is better suited to us? Ideally they'd play consistent the entire game but would you rather a first half team or a second half team as long as the play is conducive to wins?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of this catch up you speak of is Mike McCarthy holing up the offense by run-run-pass. This team has the potential to blow out their opponents, and he sits on his hands at times. I have no idea why. I think I would prefer a second half team moreso than a first half team. Why? Because the secondary gets gassed when the opposing team has to pass to catch up. If they go up big in the first half, the entire second half has our secondary and linebackers on the run.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
We are definitely better in clutch situations. Last year it seemed we would only be clutch in the last drive or last play of a game.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
A win is a win, so I won't complain. But, I have to admit being bewildered as to why McCarthy kept trying to run Starks on 1st and 2nd down when it was obvious the RB just didn't have his A-game yesterday. We were absolutely killing them with the pass, but it seemed that McCarthy was happy to burn the clock.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, this is the one thing that drives me nuts about MM - his Unwillingness to step on the opponents neck. I think he is afraid to run up the score and seems to let the other team back into the game with his conservative play calling late in the game. We saw it again yesterday.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Could it be that the Coach is trying to chew up time on the clock? He's definitely away from his normal philosophy of "the pass sets up the run".

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my team has definitely been a second half team this year so far...good lord.

packers actually should've put away the bears by the 4th quarter. there were a few chances the packers had to really decimate the bears. without that defense, the bears are one of the worst teams in the league.