the pack will be back in 2007-2008

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it takes a little more than that...lets look a little more at our personell

if you take into account some of the guys that have only recently been brought into the system...
aaron rodgers, mike hawkins, nick collins, terrence murphy, will whitticker, and scratches like underwood, poppinga, coston, etc...all guys that thompson brought into the system by drafting for value, and also trading draft picks for value, we ended up drafting 14 players in april, certainly not ALL of them will pan out, but the more you draft the better your chance. The pattern of thompson drafting for value should certainly continue, if we get a higher pick--even more value for TT to work with

we picked up a legit starting linebacker, Robert Thomas, who I believe is only in his fourth year for Chris Johnson

our defense is to the point that it is at least not a liability. Our defensive line is overachieving, and Ahmad Caroll has shown resolve...he accepted a diminished role and responded positively, picking off a pass and adding a few tackles here and there

OFFENSE
i'll start up front, we've got two great tackles on either end, a leader at center, and two guards who are new to the system--i'm confident this unit will straighten out sooner than later

wide outs...ferguson ehh, javon walker i have a feeling he'll stick to his word and be back at 100% next year, donald driver is still making plays despite turning 30, terrence murphy i'd like to see how he'd do, antonio chatman is making contributions--but he should be removed from PR

running backs...this is ahman's last stand in green bay, if we go to a new QB next season, the last thing he needs is an underachieving, over the hill, slouching back--prove me wrong ahman but i have my doubts...davenport hasn't even looked like himself...tony fisher is too vanilla for me, good at a lot of things, not great at anything--i said this in april we should've taken darren sproles, made a few nice plays in san diego last night--at fullback, there's a big hole behind william henderson, keep in mind--would this veteran want to stick around for the rebuilding packers?

QB...aaron rodgers?

my point is, i think we're heading the right way under ted thompson...i like the way he managed (not necessarily the selections) on draft day...bringing in quality young talent and perhaps a new coach to bring new guidance to the talent we have...no i dont want to hear comparrisons to the 1970-1990 dark age...we'll be fine

edit: it's too early to even project april's draft...but i know who we gotta be taking in 2009...WR-DERRICK WILLIAMS, THE SAVIOR OF THE PENN STATE NITTANY LIONS...sorry it's one of the few things i have to be happy about this year, but yeah williams is awesome, psu's 4-0, its good to end a post on a happy note for once

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Post subject: the pack will be back in 2007-2008
I didn't know they went anywhere.
I wish I would have saved all the post from 1 year ago. I really think a lot of what I have read on this forum has been cut and pasted from the old forum from a year ago.
I love this let's fire everyone, and those we don't fire, make them retire or don't resign them.
The last I looked we were 1 game behind in our division with 13 games to play.
Now I have to admit after The Pack lost to the Browns, I wrote that I thought it was time for Sherman to go, the reason was I didn't see a spark in the team, well yesterday I watched a team with a lot of fire, the young guys on defense are starting to get it, the offense is struggling with the loss off Walker,Franks, and with the changes in the line, but they are still in there fighting.
The breaks didn't go our way yesterday, we lost, time to move on.
It is a long season.
If we are 0-5 going into the bye week, then I think you will se some changes made, but after yesterdays game I don't see that happening.
This team is ready to get on a roll and I believe it will start in Carolina next Monday night!!!!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
E Unit said:
After this season

Favre Retires
MS Gone
Green Gone
Draft Leinert or start Rodgers
draft adrian peterson in 2007 http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/pr ... rId=161717
Draft ANOTHER QB and then a RB the following year?
First of all, Leinart and Peterson will both be top 5 picks in the draft so you must really be confident that the Packers are the worst team in the NFL.
You also said nothing about getting anyone to play defense. The Packers defense sucks and you can drag out as many stats as you want to say that they have improved. They are giving up 20 points a game and are 0-3 after facing 2 offenses that have been struggling to score on anyone else.
The Lions have scored 17 of their 23 points against the Packers.
The Browns have scored 26 of their 45 points against the Packers.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
First of all, Leinart and Peterson will both be top 5 picks in the draft so you must really be confident that the Packers are the worst team in the NFL.
You also said nothing about getting anyone to play defense. The Packers defense sucks and you can drag out as many stats as you want to say that they have improved. They are giving up 20 points a game and are 0-3 after facing 2 offenses that have been struggling to score on anyone else.

Little edgy because your Bears got thumped this week, Phil? :roll:

You can throw all the stats you want about the defense out there but it doesn't matter because they've kept us in a position to win every week.
I'd say losing the last 2 games by a combined 3 points is proof of that.

In fact Tampa's offense is certainly better than anything the Bears have, so I'd give the Packers a pretty good shot against beating the mighty Bears. Orton sure is proving to be a real steal.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
Philtration said:

Little edgy because your Bears got thumped this week, Phil? :roll:

You can throw all the stats you want about the defense out there but it doesn't matter because they've kept us in a position to win every week.
I'd say losing the last 2 games by a combined 3 points is proof of that.

In fact Tampa's offense is certainly better than anything the Bears have, so I'd give the Packers a pretty good shot against beating the mighty Bears. Orton sure is proving to be a real steal.
I don't get it. They do not give out wins in the NFL for being a real good sport so the Packers are 0-3 no matter how you slice it.
The Bears are a better team than the mighty Browns so I am not really sure as to why you feel that they will win these games either.
As far as Orton goes, I guess that we will see if he was the real steal of the draft because it looks like Rodgers will be playing for you real soon.
By the way, Favre has thrown more picks than Orton.
:p

PackerCoz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
E Unit said:
After this season

Favre Retires
MS Gone
Green Gone
Draft Leinert or start Rodgers
draft adrian peterson in 2007 http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/pr ... rId=161717
Coming from a Bare fan, yeah all us Packers fans understand... DA BARES know all about losing... We don't... :lol:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts