1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

The Pack Responds

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by vixtalkn, Jul 25, 2005.

1. vixtalkn

vixtalkn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Pack Responds

[​IMG]
    Bob Harlan

2. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I think we will move on if our team has any class! Unlike the Viqueens.

3. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Personally, I think that any Team with these types of issues would have the same basic recourse... And, that's to stay the course or incur the rath of all other Players who will feel they're being cheated or having the Team seen as playing the "favorites game"... and that's not going to bode well in any Locker Room. The last thing they'll do is give someone the chance to state that Daddy just liked me better.. nnnnyaaah! I would hope the Mgmt structure throughout would be more grownup than that.

Whether that be the Patriots, the Vikings... Dallas Cowboys, Tampa Bay, etc... whether you like the Team, or not - they will all handle these situations pretty much the same way - unless they're incredibly stupid... and I just don't see that.

I'll be glad when this passes... and we're back with the business of FOOTBALL ! ! ! :mrgreen:

4. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    That is the toughest part of managing a professional football team. Who do you give the big money to and how do distribute what is left to the rest. In this era of big ego athletes it's even harder to manage.

5. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Stand strong Pack. The vast majority of fans are behind you. Don't let greedy agents and players dictated what the team will and will not do.

6. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with you PackerTraxx. The Pack needs to stand firm, and not let the crybabies win this round.

7. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I really believe that the Packers are willing to move along with #84. The problem is that I also see Javon coming to camp and pulling the same "cancer-cell" philosophy that Mike McKenzie brought with him when he returned to the Packers. How does the Pack ensure that Walker doesn't pull the same thing? Can they force him to sit the year and stay away as well?

8. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +347

Good question. I believe this will be the tactic of players who want their contracts renegotiated when they have more than one year left on their contracts.

9. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Well...if he pulls the same thing as McKenzie chances are he will get traded. He will not do the Packers any good sitting on the bench but, we could get a good defensive player in a trade I would think.

It is unfortunite because the guy is on the up swing after last seasons breakout year.

10. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, Maintain and carry on. Keep it going and remain focused.

11. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    That's my point...if Walker pulls the same stunt as McKenzie, he ultimately gets what he wants, which is a trade. I wish the Packers would make him sit and stay away from the team for the upcoming season so he cannot become a cancer like MM. If he wants to hold out, he should be willing to throw a couple of years away from the prime of his career IMO. Trading him is not the answer even if we can get defensive help.

12. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    What? :doh: