The old man looked pretty good today

showgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Old, "washed-up" Brett Favre, that is. Perfectly thrown touchdown passes to Driver and Martin. Most QB's wouldn't even consider trying those kind of passes in traffic. He also looked pretty mobile while scrambling for a first down. His enthusiasm was also contagious on the sideline. He jumped and hugged his head coach, and gave his #1 receiver a fireman's carry to celebrate a score. He's had his bad days, but today he seemed young and fiery once again, leading this group of kids to victory.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, he was very good today. And his day started with a couple of really nasty blindside hits, one of them resulting in a fumble. A lot of QB's would've gotten psyched out by that, but Favre hung tough. I loved the 13-yard scramble for a first down. He doesn't do that very often anymore.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre is very good at the threading the needle, that is completing a pass in coverage not being able to sew.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You got that right showgirl,

19/35 for 206 yards and 2 TD's isn't bad for someone who many have said is washed up :rotflmao: GO Brett GO keep making them eat their words lol !!!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perfectly thrown touchdown passes to Driver and Martin.

Wasn't Martins catch tipped at the line and then he made a shoe string catch a split second before the pass was picked?

I actually thought that Harrington looked good today.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has gone two games without throwing a pick. Come close a couple of times, but what QB doesn't?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
showgirl said:

Wasn't Martins catch tipped at the line and then he made a shoe string catch a split second before the pass was picked?

Harrington did throw some very very sharp passes and two of those ints weren't his fault. Favres pass to Martin must have been tipped because I was wondering why he didn't just rocket it in there.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
showgirl said:

Harrington did look good at times and threw an amazing 414 yards but he also had three picks so I don't know how you are comparing the two on this particular occasion !!!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
showgirl said:

Harrington did look good at times and threw an amazing 414 yards but he also had three picks so I don't know how you are comparing the two on this particular occasion !!!

Just looking at Harrington, at least 2 of his picks were off the hands of the receiver. Woodson's ball that he returned for a TD and there was another one that was even worse. I can't remember how bad the 3rd pick was. Brett had at least two throws that went right to the defense, and they didn't catch them. I don't remember Harrington having many bad throws to the D that should have been picked, but weren't.

Should of, could of, neither one counts.

I just thought that Harrington played very well today, and with a little help could have made it an interesting game.

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're right, I was there....the TE McMichael, slips two safe passes from Harrington, and were picked up by GB defenders. Anyway, it's a W...and by the way...a lot of cheeseheads in the stadium!!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do agree with this statement:

"I just thought that Harrington played very well today, and with a little help could have made it an interesting game".

Cheers !!! :packbeer:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre looked like his old self today thats for sure. Forget that fumble in the beginning. A bright spot in an otherwise dark weekend with a death in my family.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Old, "washed-up" Brett Favre, that is. Perfectly thrown touchdown passes to Driver and Martin. Most QB's wouldn't even consider trying those kind of passes in traffic. He also looked pretty mobile while scrambling for a first down. His enthusiasm was also contagious on the sideline. He jumped and hugged his head coach, and gave his #1 receiver a fireman's carry to celebrate a score. He's had his bad days, but today he seemed young and fiery once again, leading this group of kids to victory.

That TD pass to Driver was a thing of beauty. For those who haven't seen the game, he was rolling when he threw it, and Driver was double covered. Only a handful of QBs in the NFL could have thrown that pass that well.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but my main hope next week is that Jennings is 100% though. Had Jennings been in there today the whole game, we would have seen even better stats.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i just hope Brett can stay healthy and break more of Marino's records this year!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Favre was a bit off the mark today, but played well enough to win and that's all that matters. The 0 interceptions is nice to see

I agree Favre has been a bit inaccurate this season, but I have to believe it has alot to do with poor to average at best protection. Seeing Harrington just sick back there comfortably at times today made me sick.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre looked like his old self today thats for sure. Forget that fumble in the beginning. A bright spot in an otherwise dark weekend with a death in my family.

sorry to hear about this chick - you have my sympathies. :(

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:

sorry to hear about this chick - you have my sympathies. :(

Thanks packgirl. I appreciate that.

Members online

Latest posts