The Official - The Refs Fricken Suck Thread

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
man screw these refs let the guys play this is terrible. top 10 worst call ive ever seen on Al Harris for interference. fricken bs.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: The official refs fricken suck thread

The vikes are getting away with some serious holding.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score

yourout said:

I agree. Cole was definitely held on that last 3rd down conversion.

The refs have sucked all the way around tonight.

DonnieCash

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I still can't get over that Donald Driver touchdown that was taken away.

I hate those stupid penalties. We need to clean ourselves up a bit. Gunna throw away the game.

OP
OP
T

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yourout said:

jenkins has been getting held on the outside nonstop also.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score

The line Judge was one of the worst ever...that go's for both sides.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

this definitely deserves its own thread. man they sucked.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tkpckfan said:
man screw these refs let the guys play this is terrible. top 10 worst call ive ever seen on Al Harris for interference. fricken bs.

agreed. that ref needs a fine for that phantom call. although he did make it up with the non-call on the next series. ;)

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes, this crew is pretty bad. If I were a queen fan I'd be pizzed. In the second half the zebras said the MN receiver didn't make the catch. In the replay I saw (BSPN didn't show a lot of replays either, but that's another issue) I thought I saw the MN player catch the ball, take 2 steps and lose the ball when he hit the ground. I was shocked when the incomplete call was upheld 'after further review'! :eek:

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Officiating all weekend was bad. Did you see the refs in the Giant's Skins game? The poor ref bumbled more than a few calls, not to mention getting a few calls seriously wrong.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pugger said:
Yes, this crew is pretty bad. If I were a queen fan I'd be pizzed. In the second half the zebras said the MN receiver didn't make the catch. In the replay I saw (BSPN didn't show a lot of replays either, but that's another issue) I thought I saw the MN player catch the ball, take 2 steps and lose the ball when he hit the ground. I was shocked when the incomplete call was upheld 'after further review'! :eek:

The number of holding calls on the GB OL were ridiculous, especially considering the high number of no calls on Minny's OL for holding. It also seemed that almost everytime Minny needed a first down, there was a call for defensive holding.

All that being said, the refs always suck. That no catch review was a 50/50 one and GB got lucky. It's the losers who cry about the refs and the winners who take it in stride and keep going. That's why we always have to hear Minny crying the day after playing the Pack!

GO PACK GO!!!

OP
OP
T

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And did we see the defensive holding call on tramon williams I think it was on their last td scoring drive. ball was uncatchable and out of bounds. whoever was covering berrian was doing nothing wrong and looking back for the ball. was like 3rd and 5 and they got like 30 yards out of it. and ended up scoring that drive to make it 24-19

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Veretax said:
Officiating all weekend was bad. Did you see the refs in the Giant's Skins game? The poor ref bumbled more than a few calls, not to mention getting a few calls seriously wrong.

No. but I saw the Jets game. And the officiating left somthing to be desired.

V

Vikeman

You guys are fricking kidding me right? Were you watching the same game? There were bs calls and non calls on both sides of the ball and anyone can see the Vikings took the worst of it.

I came here to congratulate the Packer fans on this web site for a good game until I started reading some of these posts.

Jared allen was held almost every play. Yes that was a completion by Shianco(two feet down and the ground doesnt cause a fumble)...even the announcers agreed that it was. Sharper falls on the fumble instead of trying to pick it up...game swings the other way. Bernard Berrian was held by (I got ran over again) Al Harris on that long pass. And yes that was a horse collar at the end of the game.

You see it goes both ways people. That game could have been won by either team. I would be lieing if I didnt admit I really wanted the Vikes to win this game bad. Packer fans on this site have commented that the Vikes ran their mouth prior to the game...yes they did. However I wonder what started all the drama? I think it was false allegations with little to no substance against the Vikes which turned out to be BS. Brought to you by your awesome GM, Ted Thompson.

Dwell in the moment...it's yours. The Packers played a better overall game. However I still think both teams are just as good as the other.

Unless I'm wrong of course and the refs had a secret agenda against the Packers last night...at least that would have been the case had you lost on your homefield.

pseudocide

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
You guys are fricking kidding me right? Were you watching the same game? There were bs calls and non calls on both sides of the ball and anyone can see the Vikings took the worst of it.

I came here to congratulate the Packer fans on this web site for a good game until I started reading some of these posts.

Jared allen was held almost every play. Yes that was a completion by Shianco(two feet down and the ground doesnt cause a fumble)...even the announcers agreed that it was. Sharper falls on the fumble instead of trying to pick it up...game swings the other way. Bernard Berrian was held by (I got ran over again) Al Harris on that long pass.
refs clearly making up for

And yes that was a horse collar at the end of the game.

You see it goes both ways people. That game could have been won by either team. I would be lieing if I didnt admit I really wanted the Vikes to win this game bad. Packer fans on this site have commented that the Vikes ran their mouth prior to the game...yes they did. However I wonder what started all the drama? I think it was false allegations with little to no substance against the Vikes which turned out to be BS. Brought to you by your awesome GM, Ted Thompson.

Dwell in the moment...it's yours. The Packers played a better overall game. However I still think both teams are just as good as the other.

Unless I'm wrong of course and the refs had a secret agenda against the Packers last night...at least that would have been the case had you lost on your homefield.

honestly the officials stared at that shaincoe drop for a long time and decided it was not a catch. he clearly got his foot down but he did not take a step, he didn't shift his weight onto the leg, he got hit almost immediately and could not maintain possession.

pass interference is always a controversial call, there were at least 2 that packers fans were outraged by, and the vikings fans were probably outraged on every play, even when it was just a good jam at the line. imagine how dominating the packers defense would be if the college rule of 15 yards on PI came to the pro game *prays*

finally that was not a "horse collar" at the end of the game because barnett didn't drag the ball carrier down by the pads, he grabbed the pads then grabbed him around the waist and tackled him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Vikeman said:

Jared allen was held almost every play. Yes that was a completion by Shianco(two feet down and the ground doesnt cause a fumble)...even the announcers agreed that it was. Sharper falls on the fumble instead of trying to pick it up...game swings the other way. Bernard Berrian was held by (I got ran over again) Al Harris on that long pass. And yes that was a horse collar at the end of the game.

The Viks TALK before EVERY Packer game and have for at least 3 + years now. Those times had NOTHING to do with ole Teddy boy...

D-Sharp is normally the one running his flap, but I think he finally learned his lesson last year..Might take Allen and the Williams boys another year to learn how not to yap

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score

Bobby Roberts said:
All that being said, the refs always suck. That no catch review was a 50/50 one and GB got lucky. It's the losers who cry about the refs and the winners who take it in stride and keep going. That's why we always have to hear Minny crying the day after playing the Pack!

GO PACK GO!!!

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post Dodd, sometimes you get them sometimes you don't. It was a sloppy game, but a win just the same. I just hate to see that volume of calls, takes away from the game sometimes.

I moved the Favre BS to NFL News btw.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
Packer fans on this site have commented that the Vikes ran their mouth prior to the game...yes they did. However I wonder what started all the drama? I think it was false allegations with little to no substance against the Vikes which turned out to be BS. Brought to you by your awesome GM, Ted Thompson.
So whats the excuse for Darren Sharper running his mouth the last 2 years? The off season stuff has absolutely nothing to do with the trash talking. It has everything to do with the Vikings players not knowing when to keep their mouths shut. But I hope they keep it up. It just makes the wins that much sweeter.

VaporEyes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:

I give you props for coming on a Packer forum to support your team but you couldn't be further off base with this comment. The Packers had a touchdown TAKEN OFF THE board by the zebras. Furthermore, the bogus offsides call against KGB allowed the Vikings to sustain a drive that resulted in a score. The major calls that impacted the scoreboard went the Vikings way.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers got the benefit of the calls, IMO.

First Harris PI was bad.
That was made up later by a big missed PI.
KGB was offsides.
Larry McCarren of the Packers radio thought it was a horsecollar. I am not 100% sure of the rule I guess.
THe 3rd and 1 where the vikings went spread formation looked like very bad PI. Of course,they should have run so they deserved getting a bad break.
The points taken off the board were for a clear rule violation.
LEVERAGE???? what?
THe first hold against GB where Allen got hooked was a shaky call, but when the OLinemen put his hand outside and Allen buckeled, it LOOKED like holding so it got called. Iffy.
I thought the Shianco was a catch, but I fast fwded during the replay so I didnt study the play.

Overall, I thougth Minny got the short end of the poor calls.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno if anyone said it, but that was NOT a horsecollar tackle by Barnett. You have to go inside the jersey. He did not do that. The rest of it was tailor-made horse tackle, but for the flag to come out, you gotta go inside the jersey. C'mon, haters. Wake up. The season is here.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
runner is yanked to the ground from the inside collar of his shoulder pads or jersey.

that is a horse collar tackle

V

Vikeman

IronMan said:
Vikeman said:
Packer fans on this site have commented that the Vikes ran their mouth prior to the game...yes they did. However I wonder what started all the drama? I think it was false allegations with little to no substance against the Vikes which turned out to be BS. Brought to you by your awesome GM, Ted Thompson.
So whats the excuse for Darren Sharper running his mouth the last 2 years? The off season stuff has absolutely nothing to do with the trash talking. It has everything to do with the Vikings players not knowing when to keep their mouths shut. But I hope they keep it up. It just makes the wins that much sweeter.

I don't make excuses. Darren Sharper wants to play well against Green Bay. He has never came off and said were gonna crush the Pack or I gurantee a win. You need to do some research before opening your own mouth. First check around you tube a bit or better yet just look at what Nick Barnett has to say every year about the Vikes on you tube. Your team tried very hard to make the Vikings look like thiefs in the middle of the night PRIOR to the season. Again your team instigated all of the drama layed out for this season. Not the Vikings. No Viking said were gonna crush the Pack. Allen stated he wanted to sack Aaron Rodgers multiple times...that goes on every week with every team. However you have a starting overrated linebacker who makes fun of a teams colors and the men who wear it... (That is called running your flap). Viking fans don't moon opposing team buses nor boo a starting player after he took the place of a legend (Williamson Moss). That is your fan base.

Like I've stated dwell in the moment...it is yours. But not forever.

Oh yeah here you go...this is called running your mouth...not friendly football smack...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RRMRXiaINo