Nelson, Jordy WR hamstring out
Sitton, Josh G hip questionable
Starks, James RB knee out
Wilson, C.J. DE knee out
Woodson, Charles CB collarbone out

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
You know, I know, Brandon Marshal knows, and the Packers organization knows they can't cover him one on one. It's why they game planned that way which was very smart.
Good thing the NFL isn't the schoolyard where the "bully" can challenge the other kids to fight him in the way that gives him the best advantage. Marshall is a great receiver, we all know that. If you can significantly reduce his threat by double-teaming him then by all means do it and screw his "you're too chicken to play me man on man" taunts.

In the end it's about which team wins the game. (It will be the Pack BTW, lol).

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
What about Finley saying the Bears would be better off without Urlacher? Yeah, they're real saints. :rolleyes: Brandon Marshal said he didn't like them because they were talking trash saying they could cover him one on one when in reality they had triple coverage on him. He said Coach Capers was the real MVP for his game plan. You know, I know, Brandon Marshal knows, and the Packers organization knows they can't cover him one on one. It's why they game planned that way which was very smart.

If you looked at the time of my post it was before Finley. Also I think most fans would agree with Urlacher at times about about Finley.

Also doesn't everyone think they can't single cover C. Johnson, didn't Tramon Williams do pretty decent doing just that. SO Marshal can be single covered quite well. The problem is Marshal thinks he is better than Johnson without anything to back that up.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is common sense to double team Marshall. When he was with Dolphins Capers could not do it because he had all his LBs and his Dline laid up that he had to play the run. Chad Henne looked pretty good with no pass rush, too.

Bellicheck always has his defense take away the biggest weapon on the opponent's offense. It could be a runner, a receiver, a TE, or even a QB. In 2006 he actually doubled up on Donald Driver when he saw the yards DD racked up against Minny the previous week. Favre had no one else open and we got shut out.

Double up on Marshall and let Cutler go to Hester and Bennett or Forte. Or even let him run and take a pop down field.

OP
OP

12theTruth

I hope its just MM playing mind games with the news that Sitton is now questionable. This years injuries makes 2010 look minor.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope its just MM playing mind games with the news that Sitton is now questionable. This years injuries makes 2010 look minor.
Probably fortuitous that Lang was practicing at guard and not tackle this week. Not to hijack, but I think the Packers medical, training , and equipment staff really need to be examined closely but TT and Murphy. Something is not quite right with the volume of injuries year after year.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
My favorite Bears-Packers match up has to be either the 2010 NFCC or the 2011 Christmas game.
Any Packer win is sweet but OMG that NFCCG was one of the greatest Packer games I've ever seen. We all have to put up with talk from Bears' fans over the years. We'd STILL be hearing about it this game had they won. I kind of respect Bears fans for their being steadfast, that had to be CRUSHING and why I remember it so fondly.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now's the time to take advantage of the situation... don't take this opportunity for granted. I know the Packers are still in position to win the division with a loss to the Bears, but I don't want to be in that position. End this thing today.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Prediction time.
I see the opposition as hinging their entire season on this game. Win, and it is still game on. Lose, and it is time for the post-mortem; pack the jerseys away until July; delay the New Orleans trip a week. Who needs the SB when you can have Mardi Gras anyway? The only ones to still harbor realistic post season hope would be the simple and the marketers.
As my granpappy was fond of saying: don't go into the bear's den while he can still lick his wounds. That said, I don't see much good coming out of this. The Packers defense still has not proven it can stop an average offense that can both run and pass at a level better than pathetic. I am not sold the running game is fixed nor in the offensive line being able to block consistently. Throw in a turnover or two and the crappy field. I feel like a turncoat but foresee a 31-17 Packer loss. If it comes to pass, there will also be a large consumption of alcoholic beverages during and after the game.
Glad I was wrong. I guess the Packer def can stop an offense that is pathetic both running and passing the ball.

OP
OP

12theTruth

Bears came out running the football down our throats on the first drive and we weren't stopping them. It seems that injury to the Bears right tackle had a big impact on the Bears the rest of the way. I have to give credit to the Packers coaching staff because we are on our 3rd right tackle and still manage to win like 7 of last 8. The true test is coming though in playoffs. Hopefully we can build a more complete team performance in these last two games in preporation.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any Packer win is sweet but OMG that NFCCG was one of the greatest Packer games I've ever seen. We all have to put up with talk from Bears' fans over the years. We'd STILL be hearing about it this game had they won. I kind of respect Bears fans for their being steadfast, that had to be CRUSHING and why I remember it so fondly.

Of course they are steadfast. The last time they were happy was 1985.

Reaction score
Of course they are steadfast. The last time they were happy was 1985.

Yeah, Chicocheese, that analysis amplifies with my Bear buddies, too. I, along with my Bear buddies are old enough to remember the early to mid 60's when the Bears had Sayers and Butkus and were very good and relevent to football during that decade, but then they went into hybernation until '85. Yesterday, those guys were complaining that the zebras were biased in their officiating and that it cost the Bears the game, despite the fact that the Packers kept them in the game with a fumble and another turnover on the bone-head lateral play. The offensive pass interference calls were accurate and yes, pass defenders (as in Shields defending Jeffrey) can get away with a grab of the jersey as they ALL do in the league. Sometimes the refs call it and sometimes not. There were NO calls made or were not made that would have turned that game on a dime yesterday! The point I tried making to my Bear pals (and I think they realize that I am correct) is the fact that the Bears are just NOT as good as the Packers and haven't been for years and it is so apparent, in which case, the team that is outperforming the inferior team on the field is going to get the breaks and/or calls. I reminded them that apparently, they haven't watched the numerous "hosing" the Pack has gotten this season, yet in most cases we were good enough to endure the bad calls and pull out "W's. The Bears seem to be so much like their neighbors on the northside, the Cubs. How many umps calls go against the Cubs? Balls and strikes, bang bang plays on the bases, etc. It's just the way it is and I know that is true because I am a Cubs fan. The Bears are just like them....losers! NOT consistent and cannot defeat a good team when they need to. ONE SB win and that's it! I can't seem to drive the point home with them any better than that assessment.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Finley saying the Bears would be better off without Urlacher? Yeah, they're real saints. :rolleyes: Brandon Marshal said he didn't like them because they were talking trash saying they could cover him one on one when in reality they had triple coverage on him. He said Coach Capers was the real MVP for his game plan. You know, I know, Brandon Marshal knows, and the Packers organization knows they can't cover him one on one. It's why they game planned that way which was very smart.

Im sure the Packers would be more than willing to cover him one on one when the Bears start covering the packers WRs one on one. Does Marshall know what type of defense the bears have or is he off his meds again?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts