1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

the OFFICIAL "I am over it" thread...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JoshTheChild, Jan 22, 2008.

1. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    if you are officially over our loss and ready to talk about the offseason post here in this thread! if u still need a little more time I understand, but don't post about how sick u are in this thread. this thread is to mean we move on right now! I was officially over it yesterday and hell today was my first day back to college and I repped my packers jacket and fitted hat all around campus proudly. People kind of gave me the look that I had guts to show off my favorite team 2 days after the loss. but ya anyway feel free post stories of how you moved on! :lol:

2. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can I quote that I am 75% back? I wore my Packer touque yesterday after work, and my hoodie last night when I was chilling at home. I'm still avoiding most of the sports media, but I am still proud of the Pack no matter how much it hurts that we didn't get the job done this year.

3. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm over it 100%. Lets move on. I'm happy about the season and look forward to next season(draft, free agency, preseason)

Lets do it.

4. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

ya I am avoiding NFL network mostly. if espn talks about football than just change the channel

5. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I changed my workout routine yesterday at the gym as I normally do cardio in front of the tvs on Mondays, but decided to hit the weights to get some agression out and avoid watching replays of the game.

6. bigfog

bigfog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still avoiding NFL network, but I'm over it.

Season's over - let's move on.

7. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    so far it looks like we are all doing good on avoiding stuff we usually watch constantly lol

8. jbroad70

jbroad70 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm basically over the game. it still kills me because even though we played poorly and failed to cash in on a lot of missed opportunities we were still in the game at the end. i think once we bring in 2 or 3 big playmakers and cut some of the dead weight on the team, we will be poised to make another, more successful run next season. GO PACK!!!!

9. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    we will have a superbowl ring or 2 within 5 years assuming rodgers is the QB we think he can be

10. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm over it and looking forward to the draft and our get together during training camp.
    I have avoided "Mike and Mike" the last 2 mornings.

11. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad I'm not the only one with that after-effect! I swear - I did tune in briefly and saw their promo clips package. The only Favre in there was the INT. Geez!!!

12. BlueMoose

BlueMoose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    For once, I'm not watching NFL Replay this week. But I'm tryin' to move on...I swear I am;).

TM

13. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    stay strong everybody! also do not watch inside the nfl

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Whats that???Whats the "NFL?" :wink: :lol:

15. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He said TOUQUE!!!!!! :lol:
    Now.....if i hadn't watched SCTV, i would have had NOOO idea what a "touque" is!!!
    LONG LIVE BOB AND DOUG McKENZIE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: (I LOVE those guys!!!)
    Anyway......i still have my Packer shirt on.......heck, i wear my Packer gear all year! Thats not gonna stop until the gorundhogs are delivering my mail!!!

17. Gattocheese

Gattocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Qft. Ditto.

I am 75% back now as well. But i dont go to work till the weekend, then i will get harrassed and be downgraded to about 50%. But i will be 100% by Monday i believe or hope. Avoiding all media. Especially NFL network

18. Toddy

Toddy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Thankfully there is no NFL media over here. Except in the playoffs they show 1 highlight and then say who won, and that's it.

I thought I was over it, but every time I go to bed I can't stop thinking about it. I just want the off-season to offically start.

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I know Toddy......but it will get better. I "survived" the 1970's and 80's, when if we beat the Bears ONCE during the season we considered the season a good one. We never got CLOSE to where our team got this year. Thats why it's a little easier.......i have seen LOTS worse years then this! You are young.......you will have PLENTY of chances for great seasons ahead!

20. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a young fan at only 22 years old! I am sure I have plenty of ups and downs left

21. Toddy

Toddy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks Cheesy. I'm 15 and this was only my third season following the Packers and as you said I'm sure I'll have many more great seasons even better than this one to come!

It's funny this is the thrid time that my as team has lost one game short of the "big one". The Packers this year and my favourite Aussie Rules team lost in the "Preliminary Final" two years in a row in 1997 and '98.

22. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ya we will be back

G farce won't die

23. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hell, I was over it Yesterday. Packers did not play well enough to deserve a trip to the Superbowl.

Next year.

I wonder how the NFL will like having 2 different teams go 16-0 on back to back seasons?

Anyway, it was a fun season... Wish I had taped the games...

Oh well.

24. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not sure we will go undefeated lol, but we will have a good record again. It is possible we got 13-3 again

25. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1