The Offical - Final Roster - Position Limits

H

HardRightEdge

14? first year players!
I count 14 as well, including guys from last year's PS.

I count 11 rookies: Lacy, Franklin, Bakhtiari, Taylor, D. Jones, Boyd, Barrington, Mulumba, Palmer, Hyde, Banjo

Bakhtiari and Hyde were the clear standouts in this group for decent-to-good play through out the preseason. Lacy started strong and hopes remain high. Banjo...quite the surprise being an unheralded late add...nickname "Deliverance"? We could use some at the safety position.

Coleman, Bostick and Van Roten ended last year on practice squad.

Ross started last year on PS; we all know the Jolly story.

So, I count 16 guys not on the 53 man at this time last year. Some may not stick if and when guys come off PUP. Somebody will be out when we find a #3 QB...Oh, yeah, I guess we did already.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Yeah what is this Tolzein stuff...pfff....Matt Moore?
I checked Moore's salary situation...he signed for 2 years, $8 mil, including $3 mil signing bonus this offseason.

I could be mistaken, but I believe the Fins are responsible for the bonus cash-wise and cap-wise, leaving $1 mil due for 2013 and $4 mil due for 2014. Too rich for TT's blood. If he knows we won't make the playoffs without Rodgers, why spend the money? I'd like to think a decent backup who can win one game against a poor-to-mediocre team could mean the difference between going on and going home.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm well aware of the severity of the injury. He was rushed from K.C. to St. Louis within a hours of the injury for emergency surgery. Evidently there was risk of him losing the leg, and the injury was complex enough nobody in K.C. could be trusted to do it.

It's nice to think optimistically, but the odds are against him, especially when his presumed value is at the dancing bear position. If he were a center or guard, the odds might be better. His next milestone is to move without a limp.
I have no reason to believe the Packers would have kept him if his prognosis wasn't good.

H

HardRightEdge

I have no reason to believe the Packers would have kept him if his prognosis wasn't good.
His prognosis has been and continues to be iffy, to say the least. They would not have kept him this long if he wasn't a first round pick.

They stuck with Justin Harrell for 4 years for the same reason...a lot was invested. Every team does this with problem #1 picks.

I would not expect Sherrod to play this year in any case. He hasn't played any football in 2 years...he hasn't even practiced during that time. Expecting to somehow bring him back mid-year with padded practices limited to one or none per week in-season while concentrating focus on the next opponent seems wildly optimistic.

He wasn't even a polished player to start with...no off season in 2011, and limited on-the-job training that year. It would be a remarkable and highly unlikely set of circumstances that would get him on the field this year.

OP
OP
S

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one has mentioned the possibility of the Packers bringing back Cedric Benson as backup RB. He's only 30 yrs old and definitely can run the rock if needed. Also, I like the thought of bringing in an experienced QB to backup ARod like Moore or Quinn.

H

HardRightEdge

No one has mentioned the possibility of the Packers bringing back Cedric Benson as backup RB. He's only 30 yrs old and definitely can run the rock if needed. Also, I like the thought of bringing in an experienced QB to backup ARod like Moore or Quinn.
We've got Lacy and Starks to run between the tackles. I suppose if one of those guys got hurt they might work out Benson, but he had that Lisfranc injury which is quite serious and often a career ender. It doesn't take much in the way of physical problems to make an adequate player inadequate.

Michael Turner and Willis McGahee are rock pounders looking for work, but they are probably waiting for teams with injury problems to give them a starting job and the money to go with it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm well aware of the severity of the injury. He was rushed from K.C. to St. Louis within a hours of the injury for emergency surgery. Evidently there was risk of him losing the leg, and the injury was complex enough nobody in K.C. could be trusted to do it.

It's nice to think optimistically, but the odds are against him, especially when his presumed value is at the dancing bear position. If he were a center or guard, the odds might be better. His next milestone is to move without a limp.

Thought the Chiefs ortho guy did the surgery?

He has been running for weeks on it...So we wont know until the 6 weeks are up

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I count 14 as well, including guys from last year's PS.

I count 11 rookies: Lacy, Franklin, Bakhtiari, Taylor, D. Jones, Boyd, Barrington, Mulumba, Palmer, Hyde, Banjo

Bakhtiari and Hyde were the clear standouts in this group for decent-to-good play through out the preseason. Lacy started strong and hopes remain high. Banjo...quite the surprise being an unheralded late add...nickname "Deliverance"? We could use some at the safety position.

Coleman, Bostick and Van Roten ended last year on practice squad.

Ross started last year on PS; we all know the Jolly story.

So, I count 16 guys not on the 53 man at this time last year. Some may not stick if and when guys come off PUP. Somebody will be out when we find a #3 QB...Oh, yeah, I guess we did already.
We need some of these guys to become blue chippers for us.

Members online

Latest posts