THE OFFICAL BRETT FAVRE GOOD BYE AND APPRECIATION THREAD***

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What can you really say about the man that hasn't been said? Favre's been my quarterback through middle school, high school, college and my first year of law school. That's a long time to only know one leader of the Pack. The guy's been there through thick and thin.

It's too hard to pick just one memory out of so many, but for me the best memory this season occurred when he led Green Bay to victory in Denver. When that game went to overtime, I thought for sure that Denver would somehow win. When the toss landed Green Bay's way, I got excited. The first play, Favre launches it into the air and it lands squarely in Jennings arms for a touchdown. Even though it was close to 11 and I was the only one up, I jumped into the air and yelled. He had done it, he had led this team to victory once again.

I got to see him in person for the first time this past December when Green Bay played Detroit. Even though he wasn't out there for long, it fulfilled a lifelong dream to see him play in person.

I'm really going to miss the guy. To me, he's a lot more than a football player. He's a testament to fortitude, strength, courage and heart. If only more football players had the sort of character he has. I feel like a family member has died.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
When I think of Brett Favre.. the image of running across the field, helmet in hand in pure joy will always stay burned into my thoughts.

That an the Oakland game after Irv's passing.. or the Freeman catch, or the firemans carry of Driver off the field.. or the playing game after game with injuries galore always remembering that it is just a game.

Thanks Brett.. once in a lifetime player!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't get to see him live at Lambeau, but I did at Soldier field, and while his gunslinging ways may have annoyed me at times, there's nothing more jaw dropping than watching Favre throw a 15 yard bullet between 3 defenders for a 1st down.

good luck in broadcasting.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: THE OFFICAL BRETT FAVRE GOOD BYE AND APPRECIATION THREAD

Saw every game Brett. Legendary. Thank-You.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have been blessed in being able to see him play. He made it FUN again to be a Packer fan. Something we didn't have for over 20 years.
I got to see his last win at Lambeau.
THANKS BRETT for all the great memories!
I, as a Packer fan, will miss you!!!

bhepper

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Great, now I'll never see him play :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: (In person that is)

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am so torn up inside. Brett made a NFL fan and a Packer fan out of this original CFL diehard. The first NFL game I ever watched in its entirety was Brett playing a game at home in the snow. What Canuck couldn't fall in love? I am actually quite numb at the moment. You always know it is going to happen, but when it does it doesn't make it any easier to accept.

Thanks for all the great memories with the wins and the losses. My favourite game of all time will probably always be the Oakland game after Irv's passing. The passion and the brotherhood on display that day bring tears to my eyes just typing it.

I may need a few beers after work today to celebrate and to reminisce.

4-Life

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for all the Memories Brett, We know your hanging it up on your own terms.

My Favorite Favre Memory? The Super Bowl against the Patriots. New England had just scored, and I'm watching with my floor mates, and I look at them and say, don't get too cocky (to the Pats and Bledsoe fans), Just watch, Brett Favre is going to sling this thing up to Freeman, or Rison for a TD. I walked out of the room to get some water, and a few seconds later I hear screaming. I come back to the Lounge and they look at me, and say how did you know? I said, that's Brett Favre.

Enough said I think.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been watching Brett Favre every weekend of football season since he was a freshman at USM...that's nearly half my life and I'm an old guy.

I'm glad I was able to be there for one of his big moments this year (the Denver game). Damn, this is gonna be an adjustment:(.

TM

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He played for the Packers since I was 5 years old. He's been my sports hero for over a decade. I watched him break the record in Minnesota this year. I wore his jersey proudly every weekend. He and the rest of the Pack blessed us with an amazing '07 campaign.

It's gonna be hard to watch the Packers without him, it's all I've ever done.

Thanks for the great years Brett. You're number one all-time in my book.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to say that I APPRECIATE the fact that every time the Packers stepped on the field with Brett Favre behind center we had a chance to win. In '05 this was a lousy football team and key guys were going down all around him and yet BF somehow made many games a nailbiter till the end.
I will ALWAYS remember the second Bears game of that year when we were down to our 4th wide-out playing the number one receiver position and BF completing passes and running down the field waving the players on.

I APPRECIATE Brett Favre for being the ultimate competitor.

I APPRECIATE how Brett Favre played the game of football. In a time where most QB's talk like assistant coaches and typically respond to questions with robotic answers we watched Brett Favre running down the field and jumping on the backs of players like a backyard Thanksgiving family game.

The guy was TOUGH. The guy was GOOD. The guy was a blast to watch.

What this man did at almost thirty eight years old in the first half of last year with the youngest team in football and no running game should go down as the best half of a season by any QB.....ever.

Here's to you, my man, here's to you.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fave Favre moments from his last season:

The OT bomb in Denver to Gregarious,

the last minute slant-for-TD to Gregarious against SD,

the plop-bomb to Gregarious in the final minutes of the KC game,

the 90-yarder to Drive against the Giants in his last game,

the underhanded flip to Bubba against the Seahawks,

his floater to Greg against Oakland where GJ turned and stuck out his
tongue at the fallen defender,

his beauty to JJ after Jones burned Champ Bailey,

The record-breaker to Jones in the Metrodome,

all the fireman carries of his receivers,

"Let's keep this **** going!"

The "good game" butt punches that he'd give his receivers while they were doing TV postgame interviews...

That's just one season, and it would be enough. But there's at least that many moments in almost every one of his seasons. I'll miss him for sure.

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We knew it was coming sooner rather than later. I enjoyed all the good and hated the bad but always knew he was our best shot. I love sports football the most and I thank the Lord I got to see Brett Favre play. I think every NFL fan thinks the same about now.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My best memory is of Brett throwing the bomb to Sterling Sharpe to beat the Lions in the playoffs early on. Then finding after the game that his non-throwing should was separated before that throw. The guy was the ultimate warrior and most of my positive NFL memories have him in them.

NYEnglishGiant

Cheesehead
Reaction score

One of the greatest players ever to play the game. I'm a Giants fan but Favre is one of the reasons I became a football fan despite growing up in England where coverage of the NFL was patchy at best. His passion, enthusiasm and love for the game were infectious. I still get chills when i remember the oakland game after his father died.

I wish him and his family all the best.

And i wish you guys well too. Hopefully Rodgers has learned well behind favre and you guys can be competitive again this year.

I'd love to see you guys in the NFC championship game again this year...

but maybe we can have it here this time! I had my window wide open all game that day in solidarity with our players... It was cold in NY, respect to you guys for braving that insane weather!

NYEnglishGiant

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My best memory is of Brett throwing the bomb to Sterling Sharpe to beat the Lions in the playoffs early on. Then finding after the game that his non-throwing should was separated before that throw. The guy was the ultimate warrior and most of my positive NFL memories have him in them.

I remember a couple of years back he got hit hard against us (Giants fan here) and went to the sideline, you guys lined up and suddenly Favre runs onto the field sends your backup to the bench and throws a TD pass! Turns out he wasn't cleared by the doctors and had a bad concussion, I seem to remember him saying that he didn't even remember the play!

Awesome warrior!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Top 5 Brett Favre moments for me

1. The Oakland Game

2. Super Bowl XXXI

3. Carolina @ Green Bay Packers - NFC Title Game

4. Favre to Freeman To quote Al Michaels "He did what"

5. Favre really lead the team back in the Seattle game this year. I'll remember being down 14-0 and then Favre leading the Packers up and down the field to make it 21-14 and it felt like it happen so fast.

#5 might just be fresh in my mind right now so maybe that's why I put it there.

EDIT

Why not include others? :lol:

His shuffle pass in the Kingdom.

Beating the 49ers in 1995 playoffs when they were defending Super Bowl Champs.

When the Packers finally beat the Cowboys in Lambeau - Though Dorsey was more of a factor that game.

The first playoff game in Green Bay since the ICE Bowl. The win over Atlanta I believe.

99 yard TD pass to Robert Brooks.

3 MVP's in a row.

Underhanded to Donald Lee.

I recall an underhanded to Ahman Green against the Vikings, I think on Monday Night.

Favre to Dorsey Levens in the NFC Championship game. (ridiculous play IMO)

Remember when he tore apart the Ravens defense at Lambeau in 2002? The year Baltimore was the defending Super Bowl Champs.

Favre to Freeman against the Bears in 1996. That was a fun play to see.

Maybe I'll add more later.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think it has really sunk in with me yet. But thanks for everything Brett. It was a pleasure watching one of the best to ever play the game.

The best wishes from the Danish fan.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel lucky to have been raised a Packers fan, because there is nobody else I would have rather cheered for over the past 15 years. It's been like a marriage, for god's sake, some amazing times, some tough ones, and all too human of an experience.

Best wishes to Favre and his family, seeing as we probably won't see him up north of the Mason Dixon line anymore. Enjoy the rest of your life Brett.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts