The offense stinks because...

D

Deleted member 6794

I think it's time to get back to the hurry up, no huddle offense.

I would be fine with the Packers using a no huddle, hurry up offense more often. It doesn't make any sense when letting the play clock nearly run out after not huddling though.

MajikMan7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be fine with the Packers using a no huddle, hurry up offense more often. It doesn't make any sense when letting the play clock nearly run out after not huddling though.
Agreed, but if you can start the drive with some high percentage throws then the no huddle becomes much more effective and it's easier to pick up the tempo (then again, I'm not sure any throw is high percentage right now). I agree the no huddle is pointless if your going to run the clock to zero anyways, but when they are getting plays off fast they seem to be much more effective.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The point of no huddle isn't always to play up tempo, but sometimes have more time at the line for audibles and prevent substitutions on defense.

D

Deleted member 6794

The point of no huddle isn't always to play up tempo, but sometimes have more time at the line for audibles and prevent substitutions on defense.

That doesn't make any sense to me as an offense isn't allowed to change personnel in these situations either.

Pack-12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That doesn't make any sense to me as an offense isn't allowed to change personnel in these situations either.
A lot of the times we go no huddle is when the offense has a match up advatage they like so they go no huddle to maintain it.

D

Deleted member 6794

A lot of the times we go no huddle is when the offense has a match up advatage they like so they go no huddle to maintain it.

Unfortunately the offense hasn't been able to exploit it consistently when using the no huddle this season.

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line is "get first downs", "dominate time of possession" , "wear down opposing defenses" Packers had almost 40 minutes time of possession vs. Bears. 56 pass attempts wears down pass rushers.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

Most promising stat from that is the 4.2 red zone trips per game, which is second in the league and better than the 2011 team.

Finishing drives would go a long way to making the offense better.

True, the Packers currently rank 23rd in the league with 4.56 points per red zone trip. Unfortunately it's pretty tough to improve in that area.

Members online

Latest posts