The offense stinks because...

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of you who were talking about Jordy being the deep threat? he's not gotten deep since he's been "back". We have 3 possession WRs all on the field at the same time inmost cases. Nobody bites on those double moves anymore either.

MM is to stubborn to understand his offense, along with his personnel packages don't work.
Every dang pass play literally takes 5 seconds to develop. That's why Rodgers takes so long in the pocket waiting for guys to uncover. They need to run the west coast offense the way the west coast offense should be ran. They also need to draft another tightened to compliment the west coast offense. When Richard Rogers is on the field it only makes the offense that much more slower.

Somebody said Rodgers made mention that Montgomery should change his # and be more of s true H-back ? I couldn't agree more. This guy is bigger than Cobb, and unlike Lacy or Starks he can consistently win those one on ones with just about any ilb or olb for that matter. They need to end the Starks experiment and go with Montgomery as the screen and change of pace back.

MM is the reason the offense is garbage, he calls the same plays over and over and the league has figured the Packers out. Rodgers has lost his edge and he's starting to look like just another guy now. The fact that today was the first time all year he's thrown a touchdown in the second half is absolutely inexcusable for a guy of his caliber and skill set. They are horrible on offense...just horrible.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is the reason the offense is garbage, he calls the same plays over and over and the league has figured the Packers out. Rodgers has lost his edge and he's starting to look like just another guy now. The fact that today was the first time all year he's thrown a touchdown in the second half is absolutely inexcusable for a guy of his caliber and skill set. They are horrible on offense...just horrible.

It's not Mike's fault that Rodgers has routinely missed multiple wide open receivers in every game and has been putting the ball on the ground with uncommon regularity. AR has his head crammed firmly up his *** right now and he needs to start thinking of finding a proctologist who can fix it.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been trending since the 2014 NFC Championship game.

Sure, since that game we've had a few "BIG" games for the offense, but usually against teams that would normally get smoked.

I have lost my faith in the offense, I am blown away by how bad Rodgers is playing, and I'm getting sick and tired of him saying, "....'we' need to throw it better....'we' need to play better"

Are you kidding me, Aaron? Tell it how it is b/c ain't no one else passing that ball, but YOU!

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers hit 74% of his throws yesterday...I know we're used to him making a lot of those, but you can't knock him for every single miss

Let's ignore the fact that we don't have a reliable running game because Lacy is once again overweight and can't stay in the game, there's no suitable backup RB, and the defense was awful.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rodgers hit 74% of his throws yesterday...I know we're used to him making a lot of those, but you can't knock him for every single miss

Let's ignore the fact that we don't have a reliable running game because Lacy is once again overweight and can't stay in the game, there's no suitable backup RB, and the defense was awful.

Lacy is the problem? Seriously, you just said that? How is Lacy the problem? BTW....Lacy was playing yesterday on a sprained ankle.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy is the problem? Seriously, you just said that? How is Lacy the problem? BTW....Lacy was playing yesterday on a sprained ankle.
Yes, a RB carrying an extra 20 lbs. is a problem. They get cut for that. They could have at least brought in someone for competition, instead of having an overweight RB and an injury-prone one.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, a RB carrying an extra 20 lbs. is a problem. They get cut for that. They could have at least brought in someone for competition, instead of having an overweight RB and an injury-prone one.

Lacy might still carry too much weight but there's absolutely no doubt he has been the best player on that side of the ball so far.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Sorry, I just don't see the issues with Eddie Lacy's game this year that you do. Only issue I see with the running game is they have nobody BUT Eddie. Starks was ineffective prior to his injury and if the Packers don't find a capable back-up to Eddie, the running game will digress even more. But that isn't because of Eddie being overweight IMO.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agree about Rodgers. The problem this week is that his misses were big.

Disagree about Lacy though. Our run blocking is awful. Either way, being willing to go into a game with one injured RB and a WR as a backup is laughable.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of you who were talking about Jordy being the deep threat? he's not gotten deep since he's been "back". We have 3 possession WRs all on the field at the same time inmost cases. Nobody bites on those double moves anymore either.

MM is to stubborn to understand his offense, along with his personnel packages don't work.
Every dang pass play literally takes 5 seconds to develop. That's why Rodgers takes so long in the pocket waiting for guys to uncover. They need to run the west coast offense the way the west coast offense should be ran. They also need to draft another tightened to compliment the west coast offense. When Richard Rogers is on the field it only makes the offense that much more slower.

Somebody said Rodgers made mention that Montgomery should change his # and be more of s true H-back ? I couldn't agree more. This guy is bigger than Cobb, and unlike Lacy or Starks he can consistently win those one on ones with just about any ilb or olb for that matter. They need to end the Starks experiment and go with Montgomery as the screen and change of pace back.

1) It takes more than a year to recover from an ACL and then more time to regain full speed, players typically don't open it up fully immediately after an injury like that. Also Jordy still hasn't knocked the rust off.

2) Cobb isn't a possession receiver he's as explosive as anyone in space.

3) Scheme is a factor, refs aren't calling PI like they were back in the 09-12 seasons and refs are letting receivers and corners fight more which IMO is a good thing for the game but bad for our offense. We need to force teams to play more zone. We are using more stack sets but still too many iso routes.

4) Coaching is a problem, Aaron has become very sloppy with his mechanics. He's arming too many balls and it's affecting his accuracy. He's throwing off his back foot too much and throwing with his feet moving when he doesn't need to. That Aaron Rodgers has remarkable accuracy while moving doesn't mean that he thows as well that way as when his feet are planted.

5) Ty-Mont might be able to run draws out of the backfield but he doesn't attack through the gaps and seams in the lines like a real running back that much is obvious. I like his utility back there but using him as a number 2 RB IMO is foolish.

6) We need another running back to spell Lacy. Starks has been a fundamentally bad runner this year. He runs too high behind the line, never gets low before making his cut and his pad level at the PoA has been terrible. Get that forward lean in James, if there's contact you'll be able to run through it better and if there's no contact you'll be able to right yourself and keep going.

D

Deleted member 6794

Agree about Rodgers. The problem this week is that his misses were big.

In addition most of Rodgers completions came on short throws and he funbled the ball twice. There's no doubt that he struggled mightily despite completing 31 of 42 passes.

Last edited by a moderator:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ty Mont looks better than cobb catching in tight spaces but Cobb is a lot better running through the lines. His collegiate experience as a quarterback helps him there.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching MM press conference just gets me more mad, he makes so many excuses. Now its fundamentals, Grrrr does this team have amnesia I swear they work on that in training camp and through out the year. He needs to throw his playbook away every coach in the league knows it. He lacks the ability to adjust in game and with time. He has Arod second guessing himself scared to go out there and just play cause he feels he has to be perfect. MM doesn't help him with adjusting the playbook, Jordy is clearly not the same, he's been playing scared dropping passes and fumbling , Adams catches the ball half the time, cobb cant beat man to man, Richard Rodgers slow as heck, Eddie is a above average back but he's limited, Starks I like him but he and Eddie are 2 similar backs (Bruisers).

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense stinks because:
1) Rodgers has been inaccurate and has failed to protect the ball
2) Receivers have dropped too many balls
3) Playcalling has been abysmal
4) We have a banged up number one RB and no back-up
5) Our tight ends are below average

smacker

Smacker = Smack talking Packer Fan
Reaction score
Rodgers has not been the same lately. You have to wonder what is going on in his head. Is there a developing or increasing rift between Rodgers and MM? Does Rodgers want out of Green Bay? Does Rodgers want MM out of Green Bay? Yes, Rodgers is still a better than average QB, but he is not the same right now for whatever reason.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of confidence issues (IMHO) with receivers definitely, with MM probably, with himself possibly.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They stink because they are not using the right deodorant and don't shower after practice and games?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has not been the same lately. You have to wonder what is going on in his head. Is there a developing or increasing rift between Rodgers and MM? Does Rodgers want out of Green Bay? Does Rodgers want MM out of Green Bay? Yes, Rodgers is still a better than average QB, but he is not the same right now for whatever reason.
Blame it on Olivia Munn.
She is the curse/distraction plant for a gambler as that chick was in the movie The Natural.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The two main thoughts on this are that A) MM has not done a good job at adapting his offense after it became apparent that defenses have figured it out or B) Rodgers has regressed and is sabotaging the team...what I don't understand is how option B isn't also on MM since he's the COACH! Part of the reason that people defend him is that he's supposed to be some terrific QB coach. So how does he not get much of the blame for Rodgers falling apart?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Maybe Coach McCarthy has gone as far as he can with this team, and MAYBE the philosophy of building a dynasty from ground floor instead of buying some success isn`t working anymore ?

D

Deleted member 6794

The two main thoughts on this are that A) MM has not done a good job at adapting his offense after it became apparent that defenses have figured it out or B) Rodgers has regressed and is sabotaging the team...what I don't understand is how option B isn't also on MM since he's the COACH! Part of the reason that people defend him is that he's supposed to be some terrific QB coach. So how does he not get much of the blame for Rodgers falling apart?

McCarthy gets a ton of blame around here. I agree he's at least partly responsible for Rodgers struggling.

Members online

Latest posts