The offense next year

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is going to be a better offense next year... I just hope everyone on here realizes this.

With Bennet and Kendricks this will be around a 600 pass attempt offense

This will be a match up nightmare for most defenses as i can't think of any secondaries that can matchup with

Nelson
Adams
Cobb

and PLUS

Bennett
Kendricks

so maybe the idea is just to score 600 points?? and not play any defense?

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is going to be a better offense next year... I just hope everyone on here realizes this.

With Bennet and Kendricks this will be around a 600 pass attempt offense

This will be a match up nightmare for most defenses as i can't think of any secondaries that can matchup with

Nelson
Adams
Cobb

and PLUS

Bennett
Kendricks

so maybe the idea is just to score 600 points?? and not play any defense?
You could be right, they may be a repeat of the 2011 version of the Packers.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as the key guys stay healthy, this is going to be a VERY good offense.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson
Adams
Cobb

and PLUS

Bennett
Kendricks

Bennett for Cook. Only Kendircks is the difference. Rest are the same as last year.

And you are forgetting the changes to the OLine that Rodgers was comfortable with. Let's see how we cover Lang's move.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't care what the stats say, I think Bennett is more important than Cook. His size ability to break tackles and his hands are going to make him a chain moving machine and a consistent redzone threat like we haven't had here in years. He may not have 14 TD's, but he'll open it up for everyone including himself.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with premise and replys. Just want to see a better run blocking line. (the new TEs should help) To set up play action better.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
And you are forgetting the changes to the OLine that Rodgers was comfortable with. Let's see how we cover Lang's move.

Would add to this, the loss of Tretter. Tretter started the first 7 games of the year. So not only have the Packers lost a starter (Lang), they lost a key guy for depth (Tretter). A lot of Aaron Rodgers success depends on that front 5 and if the Packers don't find a capable starter at RG and at least one guy for depth, we may see a rushed, sacked, frustrated or injured Rodgers.

I also would not call the situation at RB ideal at this point either.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bennett > Cook

Kendricks >>> Donald Lee/Richard Rodgers/etc whomever we've had in recent years as the number 2 TE

Kendricks is a very good number 2 TE or a decent number 1... should create matchup problems

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
There gonna need to get to 2011 numbers or at least close to win it all. I posted before free agency about 33-34 pts per game.

With that said I think they can do it if they stay healthy.

Make sure you get tickets close to the bathrooms cause these are gonna be some long games.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Gee, another "the defense sucks" thread. Soon to evolve into a TT can't get the players thread. Let me know when a new, unexplored POV is posted.
BTW,without getting other options the running game next season can't be much different than the second half of last season.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of us just aren't bright enough to come up with a different POV. Perhaps you'd be good enough to provide one? Until the defense doesn't suck and the offense isn't completely on AR's shoulders, I'm at a loss.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Gee, another "the defense sucks" thread. Soon to evolve into a TT can't get the players thread. Let me know when a new, unexplored POV is posted.

At least the "Fire Capers" thread is being left alone and allowing it to be repainted and carpeted for what will probably be a very high traffic area once games commence.

BTW,without getting other options the running game next season can't be much different than the second half of last season.
Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing? Losing Lang could affect even our inconsistent rushing attack. Depending on what we do between now and September, having a converted WR as your sole RB on the roster right now isn't really that good, is it?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a new offensive strategy. No more long throws. We'll just win the game 10 yards at a time. The longer the offence is on the field, the shorter the defence will be. Yeah, I'm pretty sure this will work. :whistling:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We need a new offensive strategy. No more long throws. We'll just win the game 10 yards at a time. The longer the offence is on the field, the shorter the defence will be. Yeah, I'm pretty sure this will work. :whistling:
Four yards and a cloud of dust? Brockington/Lane Taylor/Hornung Heckel/Jekyll Thunder/Lightning Donner/Blitzen Donny/ Marie? :whistling:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See, that wasn't so hard, was it? Maybe the D would have a fighting chance to make that one stand at the end of the playoff games.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least the "Fire Capers" thread is being left alone and allowing it to be repainted and carpeted for what will probably be a very high traffic area once games commence.

LOL, classic!!
But don't you worry, the Capers thread is being kept warm and lurking, and could rear it's ugly head at any time.
Not to mention........JANIS !!!!!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing? Losing Lang could affect even our inconsistent rushing attack. Depending on what we do between now and September, having a converted WR as your sole RB on the roster right now isn't really that good, is it?
i don't think having Montgomery as a guy we're going to be relying on is a bad thing either. He's smart, he's dedicated to football, he's talented. He has ankle problems i hope he can get past. But in this offense, man, i think he can be everything we need and with a season of work at pass protections and changing his training physically, he'll be better than he was. Especially if we can line up with 2 legit TE's.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Monty needs to learn to protect himself better. Not being a natural RB, my hope is it's something he learns/can be coached.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Monty needs to learn to protect himself better. Not being a natural RB, my hope is it's something he learns/can be coached.
but for how he runs he doesn't seem to take direct shots. Maybe he's just been lucky in that regard, but I do worry about his ankle. I had something, probably not similar, but basically my talus would slide forward or shift somehow and it was instantly bring me down. Just sharp pain and my foot wouldn't move. Had it worked on by chiro and PT and lots of work on my part, it's been fine for over a decade now. But i wonder what is getting him. I know he tore one up pretty badly, and then last year it would take him out, but he could return. Most were wondering how that could happen. Having lived it, i can understand. If it's a similar thing. My worry is that he can strengthen it enough that it's not an issue going forward. I never had to play NFL football on mine.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I like the potential of Monty and at times he showed some promise. However, hitching your wagon up to a converted WR with 471 career rushing yards bodes about as much confidence in me as naming Matt Flynn as your starting QB a few years back. A back-up plan in case of injury or lack of production in someone other than a rookie would be nice and fully doable.

Last edited:

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see this stats next season.
Jordy 1000yds 10Tds
Adams 1,000yds 6TDs
Cobb 650yds 6TDs
Bennett 500yds 5TDs
Kendricks 350yds 2Tds
TyMo 700yds 4TDs Rushing
400yds 4TDs receiving.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bennett for Cook. Only Kendircks is the difference. Rest are the same as last year.

I believe Marty is a fairly significant upgrade over Cookie. He has better hands and finds the end zone much more often. Plus he's a vastly superior blocker which will aid the run game. I agree with your comment regarding the OL. Provided our key guys stay healthy and the OL can gel, this offense could be the best we've had in years.

D

Deleted member 6794

I expect the offense to be elite next season once again but there's no doubt right guard and running back need to be addressed.

Agree with premise and replys. Just want to see a better run blocking line. (the new TEs should help) To set up play action better.

I believe Marty is a fairly significant upgrade over Cookie. He has better hands and finds the end zone much more often. Plus he's a vastly superior blocker which will aid the run game. I agree with your comment regarding the OL. Provided our key guys stay healthy and the OL can gel, this offense could be the best we've had in years.

Cook actually was a better run blocker than both Bennett and Kendricks last season.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With our online being built to pass protect. And just aren't very good at power blocking. Losing Lang, sitton, and lacy will surely hurt our power run too.

So embrace it....
Add a te like Bennett who can block and is still a receiving threat. That will help a lot.

Spread the field in a pass first offense. GB has 3 stud receivers who are all playing great right now. Adams is coming g into his own. Jordy has rebounded greatly. Cobb has quietly been playing great as well imo. Also add in the converted wr who will be playing rb. Monty on the dump off seems much more valuable, than Monty pass blocking... he should be unstoppable against lbs.

Then instead of power running. With the field spread out, you go for speed, and aim for open field. Montgomery and I'm assuming a speedy rookie will be breaking off big chunks imo...

Staff online

Members online