1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

The Nintendo 64

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Bogart, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Recently digging in my storage room for Christmas stuff, I stumbled upon an old system that I had to have spent hours of my days playing for a long long time, the Nintendo 64.
    It seems these older video games with stand the test of time. They are still that damn good, and so much fun to sit and play.

Am I the only one that is still willing to play the Nintendo 64? Nowadays you have all this super high tech graphic stuff on the XBox and Playstation but I don't care how chessy or bad the N64 may look today, it's still got some of the best games and quite challenges, and 13 years ago, this game was the absolute coolest ever before the play station.
    All these years and I am still the master at Donkey Kong 64 :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

to this day, one of my top 5 games EVER!!!
    I too wasted a lot of my youth on this console, and particularly this game.
    Thanks for the flashback! :tup:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Those games are classic! Did you play the original Nintendo (16 bit, I think it was)? Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt! I have some original games for my Gameboy: Tetris and the original SMB. I love playing them as they take me back to my childhood. I also loved, years later, Mortal Kombat. Those games were the best. Of course if you go back even further, you will stumble upon the original Atari, I still have one floating around here somewhere, it doesn't work but I can't seem to just throw it out. Ohhhhh..... Astroid, Frogger, I will never forget you!

• Like Like x 2
  4. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    Tecmo Bowl for NES, AWSOME!!!

I always chose the Raiders, just cause they had Bo Jackson. The dude was unstoppable, same play OVER and OVER sweep right, TD everytime.:notworthy: :laugh: IF, you had a defender right behind you, all you had to was zig-zag up and down till you got to the endzone, if you did it correctly your defender NEVER touched you.

5. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    Oh, hell yeah, I LOVE the N64. Spent most of my childhood years playing that awesome system!

I only own 8 games for it, but they were amazing. Some of them's Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Super Mario 64, Paper Mario, and Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Those were some of the best the system had to offer. Had a blast playing these great games!

6. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    I could never get passed the second level of the original Mario brothers...so I gave up!:mad:

7. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,036
    My kids picked up an Atari5200 from my dad's "going to a home" sale this summer. I think my Sega Genesis is still around also.

8. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I never got a chance to play Duck Hunt, but I do know those Zelda games. I beat Ocarina of Time many times over, but the other one, Majora's Mask can be quite a frustrating adventure, that offers a huge challenge.

Banjo Kazooie, WOW! I spent YEARS trying to beat that game and get everything on my own, and this was before the days of looking up a strategy guide on the internet. I must have spent 5 or 6 years in the last 3 levels, I didn't even know in the end you turned your health bar red for collecting all those musical notes.

Probably my favorite games of all time on the 64 is the first person shooters, Golden Eye 007, Turok 2 Seeds of Evil, and Doom 64. The First Turok is a better game, but the 2nd one had much better controls. I played the original Doom games on my computer, but Doom 64 would probably be the best of the series if it had every monster from Doom II.

9. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    I still own my n64. Pop in some NFL blitz or star fox and it's game on

10. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    Super
    Smash
    Bros.