1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The NFL made Vick go to the Eagles, oh, and he is still a bad person

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by VersusTheMoose, Aug 18, 2011.

1. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
  2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    Well he wanted to start ,so why is it a bad thing he didnt want to go to Philly?

Woodson basically did same thing with Tampa and us...So I dont think Vick did anything to terrible in regard where he wanted to play

3. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +166
    That isn't the point of the article. Vick said he would rather have played for the Bills or Cincy. The NFL basically made him play for the Eagles. No problem with Vick (other than the obvious), my problem is with the NFL.

4. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,006
    You sure about that?

Michael Vick.

Vick says it was his own decision to go to Philly | ProFootballTalk

5. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +166
    Vick said something honest that made the NFL and the Eagles look bad, of course he is going to "clarify" his comments.

6. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,485
    I know he said he wanted to play for Browns or Bills

My point is he wanted to start...At the start, he wouldnt be able to start in Philly

7. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +166
    ..And he wanted to sign with the Bills or the Bengals, but after talking with the league he signed with the Eagles. That is the point..

"Those two teams wanted him and would've allowed him to start, but after meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell and other reps from the NFL, Vick was convinced—and granted league approval—to sign with Philly. "And I commend and thank them, because THEY put me in the right situation."

8. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +1,006
    Your first quote is from the reporter and the second from Vick. Let's keep in mind were this report came from. "Deadspin", which as far as I am concerned is more about making news than reporting it properly. And Vick does not say who "They" are. Maybe "They" are the Eagles.

9. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +166
    Vick did not say in his clarifying statement that the GQ writer misquoted him. Why on Earth would he do that unless the quote was in its proper context? The GQ writer surely taped the interview and would have just released the tapes and this story would have longer legs than it already has.

The report isn't from Deadspin, it is from GQ actually. Deadspin is simply reporting on the upcoming article.

10. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,485

---that came from the reporter

---came from Vick

Is what Raptor was talking about

11. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +1,006
    And then deadspin puts this afterward.
    I think the GQ article reporter makes a leap at what Vick said and the deadspin reporter just pushes it further down the road. What Vick is saying is that he is being taken out of context. Now the way he said it, yes you could infer that Goddell had a hand in it. That's why I think Vick is trying to clarify it. Since the GQ article does not come out to next week, it's a guaranteed to sell more copies now.

12. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +166

"And I commend and thank them, because THEY put me in the right situation"

That is Vick's quote. I quoted the article (I never said this was a word for word Vick quote) which featured Vick and the writer was putting it in context.

13. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +166
    I care very little about what the Deadspin reporter wrote, I am going off the quotes and the context the GQ writer is pushing. The fact Vick never said he was misquoted leads me to believe the GQ writer put the quote in its proper context, but I do understand context is everything and until the tapes are heard no one can know for sure.

14. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +1,006
    What we are saying is "who is the they"? The reporters are assuming and infering that it was Gooddell and the NFL, I think Vick is meaning the Eagles. That is what I think Vick is trying to clarify. But we shall see. Look at the brightside, at least the QB crap is in another division this year.

15. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +166
    I should say I totally agree with you on Deadspin, it is a guilty pleasure and I should have used a more reliable source.

16. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +166
    I understand that and that's exactly it, context is everything. We need to hear the tapes to be sure, one way or another.

17. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +166
    Reading back I think I threw you two off when I said "Vick didn't say he was misquoted" in his statement after the fact, when I should have said "Vick didn't say the quote was purposely taken out of context."

Anywho, I want the tapes.

18. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I really think Vick gets a bad rap these days cause everytime he is mention it has to be thrown up "He went to prison"...He did his time, and I think he is a better person now. I seen him standing up against animal cruelty and dog fighting, but bottom line is he did his time.

He's a good player, i don't hate him, I just get so sick of hearing about him.

ESPN is like a media hype machine. Weather it's Vick, LeBobo James, Tebow, Newton, they always pick someone to hype up and eventually you get sooooooooo sick of hearing about them that you hate them. And they always make the bad boys out to be angels like they are doing Pryor right now. Terrelle Pryor is a punk!! They ignore that while they hype him up to make you think he is the greatest thing coming into the NFL. Which makes me wonder "Why do they always have to hype up the biggest a-holes in Sports" just like Lebron. LBJ is a douche bag. They compared him to Jordan before the Finals even started, and what does he do? Typical LeBobo move by choking.

I'm surprised Vick is not getting compared to Steve Young, or more importantly, line his stats up next to the real best quarterback in Philly, Randall Cunnigham.

Don't buy into ESPN.