1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Next Pack CEO?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by TOPHAT, Jun 3, 2007.

1. TOPHAT

TOPHAT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070602/PKR01/70602013/1989

Packers seek CEO: What's needed? Who fills bill?

The Green Bay Packers are in the midst of one of the messiest transfers of power in their 89-year history. The ouster of John Jones only four days before he was to take over as team chairman and chief executive officer — after almost eight years of grooming for the jobs — will go down as an embarrassing episode in the team’s administrative history. But whatever the temporary black marks from the past week, there will be no shortage of candidates around the NFL coveting the chance to succeed Bob Harlan as the top man for one of the most storied and most loved teams in professional sports....

2. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    WHO WILL BE THE NEW PACK CEO?

yet again. FFS

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    WHO WILL BE THE NEW PACK CEO?

I nominate the well known legendary packer fan, established writer TOPHAT!

4. TOPHAT

TOPHAT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ZERO & QUEER GAMES: CULTURE UPBRINGING

Regretfully, I cannot accept lacking "jock" established credentials. BUT I appreciate the "kid's" quick reaction with a forum's endorsement "using a previous personal quote?" acknowledgement of my credentials. Wait...was that a sarcastic competitive American thing at a poor joke? I am not sure? I just used a cliche, a French word. Is there no way, APC?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

5. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Who will be the next Pack CEO?

... bump ...

6. TOPHAT

TOPHAT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    DEJA VU

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

7. TOPHAT

TOPHAT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    IS THAT TWO, MIKE??

[​IMG]

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

8. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Re: COMPARABLE POLL

I bet they pick someone.

TOP HAT "MY HEAD IT CAN'T SWELL FOREVER"

9. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: COMPARABLE POLL

Did Jason Wied vote for himself??

10. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    Re: RIGHT AS USUAL

u hate being a ******** ?

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

Do people think Holmgren would leave Seattle? I don't think he would.

12. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Easy easy. It's obvious I have gotten to him on a very sensitive level which is causing this elderly person to act immature. Let the user continue to lash out. We will benefit from it in the end when he continues and steps over the line of no return.

Until then. Let's try to stick to the topic. Although I do wonder why an established writer who documents themselves as a legendary well known Packer fan can't write up articles on their own? I mean its not hard to post other peoples work (ive done it many many times) but to then only to offer the 'FANS' personal attacks?

Let's get some of TOPHAT's actual writings up here.
    Less posting of other peoples work.
    More posting of your own words of wisdom.

I know I'm not the only who wants to see what this legendary, well known Packer fan can do with his established writing skills.

So how about it TOPHAT? Think you could do some actual writing of your own? Or do all you have to offer is posting others work and elementary bitter comments?

I'm excited to see what follows. Are you?

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

(Zero......I'm just gonna post what you wrote......LOLOLOL!!!) :rotflmao:

14. Woodson_fan

Woodson_fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

From www.profootballtalk.com

WILL BIG SHOW BE THE BIG CHEESE IN GREEN BAY?

Though it's nothing more than speculation at this point, the Green Bay Press-Gazette tosses an intriguing name into the mix for the position of president of the Packers.

Mike Holmgren.

Holmgren, known lovingly (or otherwise) in football circles as the "Big Show," coached the Packers from 1992 through 1998, leading the franchise to its first Super Bowl win in 29 years. He left in 1999 to become coach and G.M. of the Seahawks. He has since given up the G.M. title (under some duress), but is still the head coach.

It has been believed for a couple of years that Holmgren has been thinking about calling it quits. He has made millions in Microsoft money, and he doesn't need to subject himself any longer to the 12-month grind of coaching. So he could take on what would be a less stressful and demanding job, where he would be somewhat insulated from on-field struggles but at the same time in prime position to claim credit for success.

Other candidates include Titans executive V.P. and General Manager Mike Reinfeldt. Though there's a chance that the Titans would have to give the Packers permission to interview Reinfeldt, since he is in charge of football operations in Tennessee, the fact that the president of the Packers is the top dog in the entire organization, with the power to hire and fire the G.M., likely makes it a vertical move, which by league rule cannot be blocked.

But the Press-Gazette questions whether Reinfeldt is too close to current Green Bay G.M. Ted Thompson. If the decision to dump Thompson needs to be made, could his long-time friend pull the trigger?

Regardless of whether the job goes to Holmgren or Reinfeldt or someone else, it appears that the sudden disqualification of the hand-picked successor to Bob Harlan has opened the door for the team to shift from an executive with no specific football experience to a guy whose name would be recognizable beyond the Wisconsin business community.

15. TOPHAT

TOPHAT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ECHO

I sense a zero coming. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

16. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

... bump ...

17. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Mike is gonna hire himself as coach and GM if he get's the CEO :p

18. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: Who will be the next Pack CEO?

Yuk, yuk, that's a good one, but with his ego I wouldn't put it past him to try and pull that off.

I honestly don't think Holmgren will ever be employed by the Packers again unless he gets a divorce.

19. TOPHAT

TOPHAT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ECHO

I sense a zero coming. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

20. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

looks like an awful lot like the poll from P Chatters front page...

edit, removed link

21. TOPHAT

TOPHAT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    HOLMGREN?

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/category/packers/

Could Mike Holmgren Leave the Seahawks for the Packers?

With the Green Bay Packers' front office in turmoil thanks to the sudden departure of John Jones just days before he was supposed to become the team's CEO, there's a fun bit of idle speculation going on. The Green Bay Press Gazette and Pro Football Talk are discussing whether there's any chance that former Packers coach Mike Holmgren -- currently head coach of the Seahawks -- could return to Green Bay and run the franchise. The short answer to the question of whether Holmgren could be the next CEO of the Packers is no. It's not going to happen. There's no way....And yet....

22. TOPHAT

TOPHAT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    BUMP.

23. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The Next Pack CEO: Holmgren?

Why do people look at this situation as if it's embrassing. I see nothing wrong with what happened. Harlan knew enough to say, hold on, this isn't going to work. I credit the organziation for having a standup guy like Harlan working for them.

24. TOPHAT

TOPHAT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    GOOD POINT

Exactly.

25. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Re: The Next Pack CEO: Holmgren?

Yeah I agree. I was always told a true measure of a man was being able to admit his wrongs. But I'm just some "hippie college kid" as I've read.