1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The newest moderator of PF.com...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I am not sure where the campaigns for moderator have come from, however I have enjoyed them to some extent. A lot of fun banter, some not so fun. I see it as some members having a good time during a winning season. Instead of complaining about how horrible the Packers are and arguing over whom we should fire this gave a little bit of material to talk about as well as talk a little smack over.

Again thanks for the fun reads, good threads and friendly banter, however, at this time I will not be adding or changing any of the moderators on the site.

I have locked the threads, and please know if you were mentioned as being a suitable mod in the previous threads your name has been tossed on my list for consideration later down the road.

Thanks everyone that comes to the site, registered or not, and Go Pack Go!!

2. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Gosh. Not unlike the end of the season when you pack up all your game day gear for next year :cry:

It was a fun ride for most IMO.

Well handled Ryan :thumbsup: If i didn't have a good idea what your job is I'd think you were a lawyer!

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Ryan, the ever so calm and poised gentleman. :)

4. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well it was a moral victory for "TromTeam" and we layed a solid foundation for future campaigns :)

5. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    sanity prevails

6. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank God, Ryan is a smart man who cares about the intehrity of his site. He made a wise decision. Thank You Ryan for all you do!

7. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ryan, thanks for the great FREE forum!!

8. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    AWWWW NUTS!

(Guess I'll have to drink all this beer by myself!) :chug:

I think I ran a great campaign, and I'd like to thank my handlers, Jesus Christ, and the Miller Brewing Company...Although I am disappointed because I feel that I would have been a great mod (at least better than the other guy, ol' whatshisname..), I respect Ryan's decision and feel that it was made in the best interests of pf.com, and how can you argue with that? (Besides..i won't because I don't want to be banned..! :shock: )

Let me also add, that if there is ever a non-event and non-election type activity for a new, non-existent mod position, let me be the first to toss my fuzzy(nuts) and hat into the ring, and run another non-binding, unofficial campaign for the aforemention non-mod spot!

(and don't forget....FREE BEER for all who vote for me! :thumbsup: )

9. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey dude, you never, ever, said anything about FREE MILLER BEER!

10. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I still haven't...I just thanked them.

(You would've gotten Ol' Fuzznuts Mead (or Old Nutts, for short)....

Go back and check my posts!

I have a question though...

Why did AB change the original recipe for Michelob beer?

Since then, life doesn't seem to have as much meaning anymore.. :cry:

11. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    AB, I am born and raised in Milwaukee? watched Packer games in the 70's(just to let you know roughly how old i am) and to this day, have never even seen a Bud commercial (I seriously look away when a bud commercial comes on). Not only am I a hard core packer fan, but also a hard core MILLER FREAK. I used to go to nightclubs and anybody that had a bud, i would smash it out of their hand. Yes, I got in many brawls, and was banned from many bars, but it was fun.

12. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Michelob is the only AB product that I liked, otherwise I was a Miller man..(or Millen man? No way!)

At least I used to like it, before they changed the **** recipe.

13. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I demand a recount!!! :pop: :p

14. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All this beer talk reminds me I have to do battle with my liver in about an hours time for yet another Christmas party. Sorry fellas Miller and Bud are equally bad beers. I do like Michelob (at least I did, the last time it was available up here was about 5 years ago), but to be honest unless it is the 4th of July or I am visiting State side I don't partake of your major labels. Sam Adams is the one US beer I will buy here in Canuckland. I have heard great things about Rolling Rock, but for some reason it has never received distribution up here.

15. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am greatly disappointed that Trom did not list me as one of his athletic supports. I was there back in the beginning of it all. :cheerleader:
    Now I will just have to cry myself to sleep at nights. :cry:
    I guess that is what I get for never leaving the packer discussion site and wandering out into the Atrium for a bit of fresh air.
    You know those Chicagoans never do give much thought to those of us who live "downstate".

I'll bet in the next election campaign Chessey will remember me as being one of his little pee-ons.

All in all I guess it is my own fault. If I would have taken the time to put my sig into red white and green colors I would have been taken more seriously.

16. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    holy al gore batman!

17. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Now that is funny stuff right there.

18. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    dhpackr, it doesn't surprise me in the least bit that you got into many brawls...I guarantee that if you ever smashed one of my beers, you would have one more on your record...never touch another man's beer. :evil:

19. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why you gotta single me out like that?

20. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

21. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Because you are so dog gone special. that's why. :wink:

22. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'd like to thank everyone who supported me and had a good time with it too. When the revolution comes, your support will not be forgotten!

When AADP is eaten by rats or when Arrow's head explodes after we win the superbowl, or whenever there is an empty spot on Team Moderator, ol Trom will be there...for the people.

To those who took things way too seriously and flamed\spammed my goofy campaign thread....well....wow.

My campaign was mostly a joke with RP, and a play on the *Dark Knight Viral sites, but thought, and still think I'd be a fine moderator, and thank all of my supporters(Team Trom) very much. I never expected so much support from my pf.com brothers(and sisters). I've got some good ideas that could help the forum, and I had ways of working with the people who so despise me much without them feeling persecuted and singled out.

Thanks again, everyone!

Go Packers!!

Ps - WPR, I listed you here on the OFFICIAL Campaign Website!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw it Trom. Just whining a bit. I am very good at that.

I like how well your Team was able to Tromatize this board. Simply amazing.

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Would you like a little "Cheesey" with your "whine" sir??? :lol:

25. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trom we need a TeamTrom avatar. i think you are the man with the MS paint madskillz to get it sorted. A prophetic slogan would also be sweet, "Our Day will Come" or something :D