The Mike Pettine era may soon be over

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard it through the grapevine that if or when McDaniels is hired? that he doesn’t plan on retaining Pettine. He’s got three guys in mind...2 familiar names most of us know. Steve Spagnuolo, Mike Nolan, and another unfamiliar name? Are on his radar. Makes sense since He’s worked with both those guys in the past I believe and has had a working relationship with them.

I like Pettine, He did a good job with a bunch of Arena league talent and injuries on defense. Now there is an outside chance that he keeps Pettine if Gute and Murphy insist and says he’s part of the pkg...however I don’t believe in making a news coach retain guys. I’d like Pettine to get another year with a healthy defense and a real pass rusher to see if he can duplicate the success he had in New York and Cleveland. We shall see.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sure do have a lot of "inside information"...... :coffee:

You must not have read my background. I’m from Canton, OH...so is the McDaniels family. They literally grew up down the street from where I did near North Canton Ohio. I have TWO older brothers who were close friends of both Josh and his brother Ben growing up. As a kid I’d tag along and play sandlot footbal, baseball, and basketball with the guys. I know his dad, Tom. Was my brothers High School football coach at Canton McKinley HighSchool. All those guys still keep in touch. Even tho I hate the Patiots it’s good to see a hometown guy have so much success...I want some of that success in Green Bay....heck I’ll even take being contenders for the North again over what I’ve been through the last two seasons.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard it through the grapevine that if or when McDaniels is hired? that he doesn’t plan on retaining Pettine. He’s got three guys in mind...2 familiar names most of us know. Steve Spagnuolo, Mike Nolan, and another unfamiliar name? Are on his radar. Makes sense since He’s worked with both those guys in the past I believe and has had a working relationship with them.

I like Pettine, He did a good job with a bunch of Arena league talent and injuries on defense. Now there is an outside chance that he keeps Pettine if Gute and Murphy insist and says he’s part of the pkg...however I don’t believe in making a news coach retain guys. I’d like Pettine to get another year with a healthy defense and a real pass rusher to see if he can duplicate the success he had in New York and Cleveland. We shall see.

While I think the HC should have the liberty to hire his own DC, I'm disappointed if this is true.

Also, what has he said about Joe Whitt? If he let Pettine go but keeps Whitt, I'm going to be extremely pissed. That alone is a fireable offense.

Same if he keeps Zook and doesn't hire a big upgrade at special teams.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I think the HC should have the liberty to hire his own DC, I'm disappointed if this is true.

Also, what has he said about Joe Whitt? If he let Pettine go but keeps Whitt, I'm going to be extremely pissed. That alone is a fireable offense.

Oh don’t worry, I do know he plans on bringing in all new coaches. Zook and Whitt are basically already all but gone. Also don’t be shocked if you hear names like Ty Law or Lawyer Milloy mentioned as possible position coaches.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

You mean you didn't hear?

Packers have promoted Ron Zook to HC and Joe Whitt is the new DC. :eek:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must not have read my background. I’m from Canton, OH...so is the McDaniels family. They literally grew up down the street from where I did near North Canton Ohio. I have TWO older brothers who were close friends of both Josh and his brother Ben growing up. As a kid I’d tag along and play sandlot footbal, baseball, and basketball with the guys. I know his dad, Tom. Was my brothers High School football coach at Canton McKinley HighSchool. All those guys still keep in touch. Even tho I hate the Patiots it’s good to see a hometown guy have so much success...I want some of that success in Green Bay....heck I’ll even take being contenders for the North again over what I’ve been through the last two seasons.
So does he want to be in Green Bay then?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like you will be inline for some box seat tickets. Probably a few extras for someone like your old Amish buddy. The one who likes to buy beer for his friend at football games.

;)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sounds like you will be inline for some box seat tickets. Probably a few extras for someone like your old Amish buddy. The one who likes to buy beer for his friend at football games.

;)

Beer? I already told Rodell I would be bringing Tequila for the limo ride and finely aged Scotch for the game.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was reports this morning that he is Extremely interested in the Browns job tho....

The Browns don’t want him. I’ve mentioned earlier that The current Browns GM Dorsey has the same agent that jettisoned McDaniels when he turned Down the Colts job after accepting. All that is is just a smokescreen by saying the Browns are interested so that the Packers offer more.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Browns don’t want him. I’ve mentioned earlier that The current Browns GM Dorsey has the same agent that jettisoned McDaniels when he turned Down the Colts job after accepting. All that is is just a smokescreen by saying the Browns are interested so that the Packers offer more.
That could make sense too.. so u think we are gonna hear tonight that he is gonna get a offer from us? Or we gonna wait til we interview other coaches or do a second interview with him during championship week?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That could make sense too.. so u think we are gonna hear tonight that he is gonna get a offer from us? Or we gonna wait til we interview other coaches or do a second interview with him during championship week?

Knowing the Packers they will keep it in house until they interview the other candidates. Unless somebody absolutely blows them away it’s Pretty much McDaniels job to lose.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully that means they want McCarthy.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knowing the Packers they will keep it in house until they interview the other candidates. Unless somebody absolutely blows them away it’s Pretty much McDaniels job to lose.

I'm pulling for Pete Carmichael who is coming here on Sunday to do that. His offenses are way better than McDaniels fraud system.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I just hope McDaniels doesn't screw us around for a few weeks while the Patriots are still in contention and then back out after many candidates have already taken jobs.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope McDaniels doesn't screw us around for a few weeks while the Patriots are still in contention and then back out after many candidates have already taken jobs.

I'd probably rather have that than buyer's remorse because he acted like a tool and ran the team into the ground as he did Denver.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't think i'm going to stop busting your balls whenever I feel like it, but if you do get box seats, can I come?

Members online