The Mentality of Some

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
LOL...not sure how many read what used to be the "Ask Vic" column in Packers insider. I think its more like "Ask Wes or Mike"

Anyway, one from this week.....I'm still laughing at the awesome response from Mike Spofford

Jim from Rochester, MN

Boys, the Packers would like us to think they care about the fans, so why don't they get rid of the stupid aluminum benches and upgrade to real seats? I know they would lose a lot of seats, but the high school benches are ridiculous.

How exactly would the removal of thousands of season-ticket holders’ seats show that the organization cares about its fans?

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...d-growth/e91f8037-6bb0-4cf0-8e52-68e7c65f3afe

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went to a game at Lambeau recently. People in Wisconsin have enough of a natural cushion to sit on those bleachers. :roflmao:

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What I learned with stadium seating, you always want to be the first one sitting after everyone stands up. Otherwise, you are the one left with about 2" to squeeze into and that space narrows as the weather gets colder and the clothes get thicker.

metallicblaze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the middle of winter it doesn`t matter what kind of seating you got, it will still freeze. But I agree, aluminum is probably lowest tier. Maybe heated seats would work, if it`s not too pricey. I think bus stops where I`m at have such a thing.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL...not sure how many read what used to be the "Ask Vic" column in Packers insider. I think its more like "Ask Wes or Mike"

Anyway, one from this week.....I'm still laughing at the awesome response from Mike Spofford

Jim from Rochester, MN

Boys, the Packers would like us to think they care about the fans, so why don't they get rid of the stupid aluminum benches and upgrade to real seats? I know they would lose a lot of seats, but the high school benches are ridiculous.

How exactly would the removal of thousands of season-ticket holders’ seats show that the organization cares about its fans?

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...d-growth/e91f8037-6bb0-4cf0-8e52-68e7c65f3afe

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I learned with stadium seating, you always want to be the first one sitting after everyone stands up. Otherwise, you are the one left with about 2" to squeeze into and that space narrows as the weather gets colder and the clothes get thicker.

Also, if you have a choice at the same price between Row 59 or Row 60, Row 60 is way, way better.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
"Dear Jim,

We have opted to go with your great idea and removed all of the bench seating and replaced them with comfortable, padded, reclining stadium chairs. However, we regret to inform you that since the chairs took up more space, your seat is no longer available. If you would like to be put on the waiting list for season tickets, please fill out and return the attached form.

Sincerely,

Mark Murphy"

Reaction score
"Dear Jim,

We have opted to go with your great idea and removed all of the bench seating and replaced them with comfortable, padded, reclining stadium chairs. However, we regret to inform you that since the chairs took up more space, your seat is no longer available. If you would like to be put on the waiting list for season tickets, please fill out and return the attached form.

Sincerely,

Mark Murphy"
P.S.
Jim, In order to be completely fair to all races, genders, religions and political affiliations you'll have to go to the back of the line.. so the next available year is 2056 and the US government will require all seats to be recycleable by then so..you'll be back on aluminum.
I personally recommend throwing away the form and chalking it up to good charity
Thank you sir and I am not intending on being patronizing when we say "thank you for your patronage"
MM

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Count me as someone who actually likes the benches better than the seats. As for the gentleman from MN, I think that if all you've got to complain about is the bleachers then you're not truly focused on the experience.

Members online

Latest posts