The Marcedes Lewis discussion

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I do what I do my man. It’s just fun little inside info for y’all, I can’t really go any more public with it than here. Makes me 4/4 this year btw.
It’s nice to now have 2 guys with inside info. Keep it coming.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
There goes an extension for Rodgers...

I'm really starting to think the Packers are being smart on that. Waiting to make sure Rodgers shoulder is fine. Given the fact that they will be paying him based on his past, when that shoulder was never damaged, I stand behind that decision.

Now here is the $100-$200M dollar question.....If you are Aaron Rodgers and your shoulder isn't feeling fine, do you say anything or practice through it until that new contract is signed?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in no hurry to give him one, and I'm also not really worried about his shoulder. He has a great understanding as an athlete on how his body works, biomechanics etc. The reason he makes the throws he can look so easy is because he understands this and works tirelessly at it. where people see athleticism, I see a highly intelligent QB with the self awareness to create what he needs to play how he wants. as complicated and touchy as a shoulder can be, it can also be highly resilient in the face of less than perfect parts, but excellent biomechanics and surrounding musculature. Rodgers understands this and I expect him to come back at nothing less than 100%.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm in no hurry to give him one, and I'm also not really worried about his shoulder. He has a great understanding as an athlete on how his body works, biomechanics etc. The reason he makes the throws he can look so easy is because he understands this and works tirelessly at it. where people see athleticism, I see a highly intelligent QB with the self awareness to create what he needs to play how he wants. as complicated and touchy as a shoulder can be, it can also be highly resilient in the face of less than perfect parts, but excellent biomechanics and surrounding musculature. Rodgers understands this and I expect him to come back at nothing less than 100%.
I think we all expect and hope for this, full recovery. However, what a mess it would leave this organization in if he wasn't the same QB or even worse, couldn't play due to that shoulder. That situation would be made even worse if the Packers were saddled with a huge guaranteed contract with him.

I'm going to take the optimistic view that you and most are, but you just never know.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think we all expect and hope for this, full recovery. However, what a mess it would leave this organization in if he wasn't the same QB or even worse, couldn't play due to that shoulder. That situation would be made even worse if the Packers were saddled with a huge guaranteed contract with him.

I'm going to take the optimistic view that you and most are, but you just never know.

I guess if he’s never the same, they’d have a relatively high pick plus an extra first to go up and get the next guy.

But given some of the plays he was making after coming back early to play Carolina, I’m not too worried.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I guess if he’s never the same, they’d have a relatively high pick plus an extra first to go up and get the next guy.

But given some of the plays he was making after coming back early to play Carolina, I’m not too worried.
Right, but it wouldn't be like loosing an "average" paid player to an injury. With the amount of guaranteed money they are talking, that would create a big hole in the cap for years.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Right, but it wouldn't be like loosing an "average" paid player to an injury. With the amount of guaranteed money they are talking, that would create a big hole in the cap for years.

Oh, I see what you mean. I’m guessing that what they saw when he wasn’t even ready to come back with allay their fears.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand all the concern on if Rodgers is okay. His game back was fine except for 3 INT's, all underthrown balls. Pre injury Rodgers, they were TD's. Several doctors had opined that while his collarbone was healed - at least well enough to be cleared with no extra chance of injury- that it would take a while longer to get his arm strength back to normal. Since then, he's played golf with no pain or problems. He'll be fine because he is already.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't understand all the concern on if Rodgers is okay. His game back was fine except for 3 INT's, all underthrown balls. Pre injury Rodgers, they were TD's. Several doctors had opined that while his collarbone was healed - at least well enough to be cleared with no extra chance of injury- that it would take a while longer to get his arm strength back to normal. Since then, he's played golf with no pain or problems. He'll be fine because he is already.
For me and like I said above, the concern is that Rodgers will most likely be signing the biggest guaranteed contract the NFL has ever seen. If this was coming out of his healthy 2016 season, no big deal. But we are now talking about a QB that has a plate in his throwing shoulder. Do I think he is fine? Sure I do. But if you were the one writing the check, wouldn't you be thinking about how well that shoulder healed and if there will be any long term effects?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also from other doctors; the plate and 13 screws make the bone stronger than it was before the injury. While I see what you and others are saying, it's gonna cost. You take a risk with any player being injured when you sign the big deals. But IMO, for example, the Texans have a lot more to be worried about with J.J. Watt than we do with Rodgers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Also from other doctors; the plate and 13 screws make the bone stronger than it was before the injury. While I see what you and others are saying, it's gonna cost. You take a risk with any player being injured when you sign the big deals. But IMO, for example, the Texans have a lot more to be worried about with J.J. Watt than we do with Rodgers.
Agreed, but Rodgers is still under contract for 2 years. My belief is, why rush into a new deal until you are 100% sure that shoulder is fine. Meaning he sees game action, gets tackled, etc. I know, everyone wants to lock him down, but his price isn't going up now that the big names are signed. I just wouldn't be in as big of hurry as some are to rewrite his deal.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, but Rodgers is still under contract for 2 years. My belief is, why rush into a new deal until you are 100% sure that shoulder is fine. Meaning he sees game action, gets tackled, etc. I know, everyone wants to lock him down, but his price isn't going up now that the big names are signed. I just wouldn't be in as big of hurry as some are to rewrite his deal.

I don't know that it would be the case, but if they were to try tap dancing or slow walking him, he could turn around and say ya know what, forget it, I'll just play it out and move on. Or trade me now.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me and like I said above, the concern is that Rodgers will most likely be signing the biggest guaranteed contract the NFL has ever seen. If this was coming out of his healthy 2016 season, no big deal. But we are now talking about a QB that has a plate in his throwing shoulder. Do I think he is fine? Sure I do. But if you were the one writing the check, wouldn't you be thinking about how well that shoulder healed and if there will be any long term effects?

That’s a risk giving anybody that big of a contract in a sport with a high contact and injury rate. He could just as easily have no injury history and tear his ACL in a non-contact drill.

You still give him the contract because even with the risk, it’s your best chance at winning.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That’s a risk giving anybody that big of a contract in a sport with a high contact and injury rate. He could just as easily have no injury history and tear his ACL in a non-contact drill.

You still give him the contract because even with the risk, it’s your best chance at winning.

While true, players like Ryan, Cousins, Jimmy G didn't just come off of surgery on their throwing shoulder. Again, I think AR should be fine and I understand paying a player market value, but after an injury of that type, how much the contract will be for in guarantees and the fact that AR is still under a deal that has 2 years left, if I was the guy writing the check, I would want to be 100% sure the shoulder is fine.

Remember, the money they are talking about paying Rodgers is based on what he did before his shoulder was injured.

Members online

Latest posts