1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Many Faces of Cheesey...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by nathaniel, Feb 22, 2008.

1. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I shall call him........

Mini Cheesey!

[​IMG]

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOLOLOL!!! I was AFRAID to re-open this thread.......(guess i was RIGHT!!!)
    I think i just took a "Cheez-Wizz" in my pants!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Geigo.. So Easy "Cheesey" can do it..

[​IMG]

4. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Cheesoo.. "De Plane, Boss, De Plane" :rotflmao:

[​IMG]

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOLOL!!!
    You know.......i may die LAUGHING!!!
    (But how fitting that would be, hey???) :lol:
    LOLOLOLOLOL>>>>>ARGH!!! :lol:

6. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    I'd like to see you in an Eli uniform.............That would make my day.

"Cheesey lobs it into the endzone for Plexiglas.............TOUCHDOWN!!!!

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Again i say...............NOoOoOoOoOoOOOOOoooo!!! :wink:

8. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    LOL.............Now that Brett's gone(maybe lol) you're gonna have to pull for a SB winning QB...... :wink:.......after Rodgers of course.

9. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Larry, Moe and Cheesey...

Drink away the depression of the Favre retirement...

[​IMG]

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    All i gotta say about that is......"Soitenly!!!"
    And.....thats actually Cheesey, Polargrizz, and Vikesrule! :lol:

11. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    My favorite stooges line:

Moe to a groggy Curly: Wake up kid wake up....what's your name so we can tell your mother??

Curly: MY MOTHER KNOWS MY NAME.

12. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My favorite was Shremp.

When I was a kid, I was scared of Moe. He was mean to everyone else.

13. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Moe, Shemp, & Curly were brothers from Coney Island, Brooklyn. Larry was a cousin from Philly.

Moe's real name was Moses, Shemp's was Samuel, and Curly's was Jerome. None of the 4 were taller than 5'5''.

14. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This got me into an argument with my cousin a long time ago. She insisted that he didn't say "boss" in the middle of "de plane, de plane." So we watched an episode and sure enough, he didn't say "boss."

Now, this is what I don't get. I have many memories of him saying "boss." so this is my theory - in the early seasons of that show, he said "boss." In later seasons, he didn't.

Any t.v. trivia buffs please fill in the blanks. Am I correct? This is something that has been bothering me for years.

15. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow. Always fun when someone knows trivia. If you watched Fantasy Island, please read the last thing I wrote. This is something that's been bothering me.

Back to the 3 Stooges, I heard that a few of them had bad health so one would cover for the other or something along those lines. That's why there were 4 Stooges in 3 Stooges. the other thing I heard was that these were just segments they stuck between a pair of movies. Ironically, most of those movies are long forgotten, but the 3 Stooges is still popular.

16. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    There were 192 Stooges "shorts" which were shown in theaters. They started around 1934 way before TV. Before they went on their own they were called Ted Healy & the 3 Stooges and Shemp was part of the group.
    They broke from Healy and Shemp left to do movies( a lot of Abbott & Costello films). Curly came on board and that's when they got a contract from Columbia and started making the "shorts". In 1946 Curly suffered andother of various strokes and Shemp came back. Shemp died of a heart attack in 1955 and Joe Besser (Stinky from the Abbott & Costello show) replaced Shemp and he lasted until 1959 when that stopped making the "shorts". Curly Joe DeRita came on board and they started making live appearances around the country and a few feature films.
    Moe was the brains behind everything.

17. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Well this morning I looked around and it appears my memory of the quote is the same as yours.. I swore that Boss was in the middle.. but that appears incorrect..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX-pVhTZg0U

Or the wikipedia definition (but it was found on the internet so it could be wrong. ;) )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_Island

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think the reason we all put "Boss" in with "da plane" is because he always said "boss", and it goes together well. (I do a mean imatation of it!)

Now....the 3 stooges. I know SO much about them. I LOVED them when i was a kid, and still do.
    You know how Curly has a funny limp when he runs? It's not a part of his attempt at being funny.......he was shot in the leg when he was a kid, and it never healed right, causing the limp. (You can see his one leg is smaller in a few of their short films where he is wearing shorts).
    Also, their last name was "Howard", which was actually shortened from their real last name, which was Horowitz. They were Jewish.
    Shemp (they called him that because with their Mom's strong Jewish accent, she couldn's say "Sam", it came out "Sham", so they called him "Shemp". Moe was of course short for "Moses", and Curly's original nickname was "Babe". He had real curly hair, but it wasn't "funny", so they shaved his head and caled him "Curley". Shemp was originally part of the group, but he thought he could make it as a solo in pictures, so he quit, allowing baby brother Curly to take over. When Curly had a major stroke in i believe 1952, Shemp came back to the group. Curley died in 1953, and Shemp died suddenly in 1955.
    There was only one film where all 4 Stooges were on film at the same time. I don't remember the name of the short, but it was where Moe, Larry and Shemp were in a train. They were looking for some guy, and there was a man snoring with a derby covering his face. They lift the derby, and sure enough, it's Curley sitting there. He doesn't say anything (he was still recovering from his stroke) but he snores loudly. Thats the only time all 4 were on film.

19. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Outstanding stuff Cheese.......but as you can see we're showing our age here........The name of the short was "HOLD THAT LION". Slipp was the name of the bad guy in it. From the firm of "Slipp, Tripp, & Skipp". He was played by resident Stooge heavy Kenneth MacDonald. Dudley Dickerson played the train attendant.

20. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Well I kind of figured there was a reason SNAP and Cheesey got along so well so quickly...

A couple of Stooge nuts.. :lol:

21. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    LOL........That's right Pack.......and we're the same age & same sign too.

I have about 181 of the 192 episodes on DVD.

22. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow Cheesey, you sure know your stooges, I'm kinda nervous about having met you now.

23. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty positive that boss was in there because I used to imitate that saying and always said boss in it.
    The clincher for me is that before I retired from the maximum security prison that I worked in, was one day we knew that the Governor of Michigan and the Commander of the Michigan State Police were coming to tour the prison.
    I was in my office with a couple of officers that worked for me and we heard a helicopter overhead. We ran outside to check it out (obviously helicopters around a prison are a nono) and one of the officers exclaimed,
    "de plane boss, de plane".

24. ElleBlue

ElleBlue Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :p :p
    Good job, Nathaniel! I actually did piss my pants. :p

25. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    At least you had something warm to sit in! :lol: