The magic number is.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thankfully the coaching staff is taking a different approach about it.

They get paid to worry about things like that, I don't. I just enjoy the winning. I only worry about things I have some measure of control over.

D

Deleted member 6794

They get paid to worry about things like that, I don't. I just enjoy the winning. I only worry about things I have some measure of control over.

As you don´t have control about the Packers losing then there´s no reason for you to be worried even if it happened either.

Sky King

Reaction score
What I find interesting is that the D is a little bit feast or famine. They have pretty much stoned the opponents' run games or they have gotten gashed. They were doing outstanding defending the pass and then the Chargers came along. Their identity as a defense is somewhat elusive, at least at this point. I'm not yet confident that there is anything they do consistently - good or bad.

The offense's identity is not much clearer. It's not easy for a passing team to establish their identity when a major component - wide receivers and their longtime TE - are out or limited by injury. It's a killer to have a disproportionate number of players from a particular position group be down or out, especially when the backups are so inexperienced. Denver may be catching them at a good time from Denver's perspective. The offense needs health and actual playing time together to gel and they won't be getting both over the bye. That's a very good D they'll be facing next game. This is going to be a challenge.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it almost always seems to happen in the Pack's last game of the season.

That's true for a lot of teams. Only one team wins it all, and the Packers have done that more than anyone else.

Wins and losses matter. Stats don't. I suppose they matter to the football fantasy crowd and those who gamble, but not to me. To borrow Al Davis's line, "Just win, baby!"

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So "going to be me" means- you make up things as every catch by Allen was because of Randall
Are you saying Randall had 8 passes thrown at him all game. Cause I swear I saw more then 4 caught balls on him. I'm not saying he's bad I know he's still green but he needed help. Hell the whole secondary needed help.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's true for a lot of teams. Only one team wins it all, and the Packers have done that more than anyone else.

Wins and losses matter. Stats don't. I suppose they matter to the football fantasy crowd and those who gamble, but not to me. To borrow Al Davis's line, "Just win, baby!"

Can't argue with the fact that 31 teams lose their last game. What I can argue with is whether or not finishing 2nd feels better than 32nd. Also, I'm 70, and half of those championships were from before I was born, so they really don't mean much to me, personally.

Just win, baby, is fantastic, provided the team keeps doing it. Just winning during the regular season, if there are obvious deficiencies which could bite them during the playoffs, when (mostly) just the better teams are playing, not so much.

D

Deleted member 6794

Are you saying Randall had 8 passes thrown at him all game. Cause I swear I saw more then 4 caught balls on him. I'm not saying he's bad I know he's still green but he needed help. Hell the whole secondary needed help.

I just watched the replay and Randall didn't allow any completions to other receivers aside of Allen. I trust McGinn that in total the rookie gave up four completions to the Chargers #1 receiver.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't argue with the fact that 31 teams lose their last game. What I can argue with is whether or not finishing 2nd feels better than 32nd. Also, I'm 70, and half of those championships were from before I was born, so they really don't mean much to me, personally.

Just win, baby, is fantastic, provided the team keeps doing it. Just winning during the regular season, if there are obvious deficiencies which could bite them during the playoffs, when (mostly) just the better teams are playing, not so much.

If you are talking about any given season 31 teams do not necessarily lose their last game. If a 3-12 teams wins their week 17 game to finish at 4-12 and is done for the year they won their last game. I know what you meant just busting your balls a bit.;)

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So glad you threw that last part in there. Halfway through, I was already halfway to a stroke, thinking that some folks will do anything to pick an argument apart. Before one of those jumps on your wagon, and just to be clear, we're talking about the playoffs here. :)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So glad you threw that last part in there. Halfway through, I was already halfway to a stroke, thinking that some folks will do anything to pick an argument apart. Before one of those jumps on your wagon, and just to be clear, we're talking about the playoffs here. :)

I think the only reason I said anything is because I often find myself starting to use the same comment when people talk about a SB win being the ONLY satisfactory end to a season. Fans of 31 teams have nothing but disappointment to look forward to since only 1 team wins their last game. Then I catch myself. Gotta try to add a little levity to these types of threads but I knew I had to add the last part.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Halfway through, I was already halfway to a stroke, thinking that some folks will do anything to pick an argument apart. :)

I almost did, but mostly to secure my position as the resident smart ***. I exercised great restraint :)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe next time go with a rephrasing such as 11 out of 12 playoff teams lose their last game.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think the only reason I said anything is because I often find myself starting to use the same comment when people talk about a SB win being the ONLY satisfactory end to a season. Fans of 31 teams have nothing but disappointment to look forward to since only 1 team wins their last game. Then I catch myself. Gotta try to add a little levity to these types of threads but I knew I had to add the last part.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here but I'm afraid I'm one of those that does think its a disappointing season if we don't win it all. Sorry

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be argumentative here but I'm afraid I'm one of those that does think its a disappointing season if we don't win it all. Sorry

And that is certainly your prerogative. I'd rather not walk away from every non superbowl winning season feeling dejected and disappointed so I choose to look for positive things to remember. As a Milwaukee Bucks fan NO ONE is ever going to convince me that I should be disappointed in the way last season turned out for them. They didn't win it all so according to some I should be but going from one of the worst teams to the #6 seed in one year. I'll look at that as progress and look forward to further progress next year. A disappointing season? Hell no.

I guess I just differentiate from a disappointing game (losing to Seattle in the NFCC game for example) and a season that I don't really consider to be a disappointment (we made it to the NFCC game)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

No...rodell said Randall allowed all of greens catches...it was shown by a link that's not true..only 4 balls caught by green were from Randall

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

And that is certainly your prerogative. I'd rather not walk away from every non superbowl winning season feeling dejected and disappointed so I choose to look for positive things to remember. As a Milwaukee Bucks fan NO ONE is ever going to convince me that I should be disappointed in the way last season turned out for them. They didn't win it all so according to some I should be but going from one of the worst teams to the #6 seed in one year. I'll look at that as progress and look forward to further progress next year. A disappointing season? Hell no.

I guess I just differentiate from a disappointing game (losing to Seattle in the NFCC game for example) and a season that I don't really consider to be a disappointment (we made it to the NFCC game)

When I say I'm disappointed, I don't mean slash my wrists disappointed, but I do see it as a failure. We can construct the best squad in the world but if it doesn't achieve the thing we aiming for (the Superbowl), it failed. I'm not one of those people who go calling for heads, but I'm disappointed never the less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't remember if it was in this forum, but I usually make the point that 'disappointing' starts with expectations. Since the Favre/Rodgers era started, the vast majority of years began with the very real possibility (hence, goal) of a title. When that failed to happen, other than the obvious two, I was disappointed. In the years between SBII and Favre, I was rarely disappointed because I knew, going in, that there was little, if any, chance of a title. Not a fan of other major sports, but I assume the Bucks did much better than their/your initial expectations, so I agree that there's no reason for you to feel disappointed.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was disappointed when Brett threw that pick vs the Giants in the NFCCG--I was disappointed Packers lost to the Giants in the playoffs with Rodgers as q/b.. I was really disappointed with the out come of last years playoff exit. Other playoff losses not so much. Why? Because when I felt they had a great team and lost--- it stunk.

This year will be no different if they get back on track and the offense starts to click.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
What I find interesting is that the D is a little bit feast or famine. They have pretty much stoned the opponents' run games or they have gotten gashed. They were doing outstanding defending the pass and then the Chargers came along. Their identity as a defense is somewhat elusive, at least at this point. I'm not yet confident that there is anything they do consistently - good or bad.

The offense's identity is not much clearer..
I guess that means we are a 6-0 team in the midst of an identity crisis. I wonder if the players & coaches feel that way.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess that means we are a 6-0 team in the midst of an identity crisis. I wonder if the players & coaches feel that way.

I would certainly hope so. Resting on laurels and figuring that "we're undefeated, so we don't need to improve" would probably result in another wasted (i.e., no Lombardi) Rodgers year.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I say I'm dosappointed, I don't mean slash my wrists disappointed, but I do see it as a failure. We can construct the best squad in the world but if it doesn't achieve the thing we aiming for (the Superbowl), it failed. I'm not one of those people who go calling for heads, but I'm disappointed never the less.

I understand. It is disappointing to bow out like that but it doesn't mean the rest of the season wasn't at least somewhat satisfactory.

Don't remember if it was in this forum, but I usually make the point that 'disappointing' starts with expectations. Since the Favre/Rodgers era started, the vast majority of years began with the very real possibility (hence, goal) of a title. When that failed to happen, other than the obvious two, I was disappointed. In the years between SBII and Favre, I was rarely disappointed because I knew, going in, that there was little, if any, chance of a title. Not a fan of other major sports, but I assume the Bucks did much better than their/your initial expectations, so I agree that there's no reason for you to feel disappointed.

Good point and well put with the expectations thing. That is a big factor. On the other hand I have read posts that say, to the effect, a championship is the only satisfactory outcome, and I strongly disagree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts