The Long Wait

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://wfrv.com/packer/local_story_122171115.html

The Packer waiting list for season tickets is about to exceed 74,000 thousand people. People who don't now have tickets but want them.

On average 156 season tickets become available each year(Heaven help the poor guys who have to give them up in a divorce settlement).

At that rate assistant Proffessor Matt Stollack of St. Norbert's College says a person getting on the list today will have to wait about 473 years to get tickets.

473 years on the waiting list!!

If you have been on the list awhile keep hoping. In 25 years or so they may expand the stadium helping you to move up.

Edit- for a typographical error.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats something special.

not many franchises have that ultimate security. financially, thats as solid as it gets. i bet a lot of companys would like to know that they would have business for the next 500 years.

its good to know that the greatest sports franchise will live at least another 473 years.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well.......my number is in the 20 thousands. But i still won't live long enough to ever see them.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont worry cheesey... once Ted Thompson destroys the franchise they will build another one and since you live close youll be a shoe in to get seats.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the whole assistant professor thing is tongue in cheek, where they ask him to divide 74,000 by 156.

Oh well, my family has 2 tix in the green package and 3 in the gold package. Plus I think I'm about 4,000 or so on the list. :jumpsmile:

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I thought about signing up for the list . . but it just seems kinda pointless??

Maybe I could have access by the time i'm 70 something, maaaaybe? Lame.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the whole assistant professor thing is tongue in cheek, where they ask him to divide 74,000 by 156.

Oh well, my family has 2 tix in the green package and 3 in the gold package. Plus I think I'm about 4,000 or so on the list. :jumpsmile:

Big Whoopy.......

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well.......my number is in the 20 thousands. But i still won't live long enough to ever see them.

We will cryogenically freeze you till your number is called. What will we call you at this time? Not Mr. Freeze, but Mr. Cheese!

cheesey, what have you done to me..... i feel dirty.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

We will cryogenically freeze you till your number is called. What will we call you at this time? Not Mr. Freeze, but Mr. Cheese!

cheesey, what have you done to me..... i feel dirty.
Wait.....let me check........YUP! You are RIGHT! You ARE dirty!!!LOLOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

Actually......I'd be a "frozen treat!" :rotflmao:

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of the season tickets just go to ticket brokers. But in a way that's a good thing for the average fan. Last year you could usually get all the tickets you wanted for less than face value.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of the season tickets just go to ticket brokers. But in a way that's a good thing for the average fan. Last year you could usually get all the tickets you wanted for less than face value.
2 seasons ago I got to go to 3 regular season games. One i won the tickets to, and two i got for under face value. And 2 of the games were wins!
So.....if they suck, we can get tickets cheap. If they do well, we have to pay ALOT more!

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Team ticket office supervisor Carol Edwin says Packer fans have been known to place their unborn children on the list, then call back after they're born to provide a name for the list.

Where is child protective services when they are really needed ? :razz:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ok, Cheesy. This is where we're going to have to do some math.

Figure out how many years you'll be able to get tickets, then we'll cryogenically freeze you and set you to be thawed out that year.

There you go, buddy. Season tickets. :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Figure out how many years you'll be able to get tickets, then we'll cryogenically freeze you and set you to be thawed out that year.

I'll just climb into my freezer now........and let them pull me out in 150 years or so! (I hope they don't try to thaw me out in the microwave!!!)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
cheesey said:

I'll just climb into my freezer now........and let them pull me out in 150 years or so! (I hope they don't try to thaw me out in the microwave!!!)

LOL.. hopefully upon thawing you don't become a creamy cheesey...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesey, lets assume you are ahead of two thirds of the people on the list.
That should be good for kick off of the 2165 season give or take a decade.

I am really suprised that a burglary hasn't happened at Packer headquarters, not to steal, but to add their name to a prominent position on the list. If it has happened it has not been discovered.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On average 156 season tickets become available each year(Heaven help the poor guys who have to give them up in a divorce settlement).

I'm going to disagree with this part of the article. Just about every year I stop in the Ticket Office and ask how many tickets were turned in and I will be told about a dozen, it doesn't vary much each year.

What I think is happening for them to say 156 is one of two things: (1) That is how many names drop off the list. Every year the Packers send out a postcard to those on the waiting list. If they are returned because the person moved or whatever, they are dropped from the list. So, technically, you may be moving up the list but you could never get tickets if season ticket accounts are not terminated for whatever reason. (2) If each name that comes up on the list takes 4 tickets, that is TICKETS, not NAMES that come off the list. That will change the math for how long it takes to move up the list but it's still a long wait.

And just so I can irritate someone and have "Big Whoop" applied to my post:

I got my "Milwaukee" Season Tickets in 1996 after waiting 2.5 years.

I got my "Green Bay" Season Tickets in 2002 after waiting 6 years.

These are regular "bowl" tickets, not Club seats or some other special deal.

There is a story behind how I did it, mostly because of the dynamics with the stadium renovation. The window on how to beat the Waiting List is now closed but I would suggest for those who are hopeful to signing up for the Waiting List just in case something happens in the future.

Reaction score
I was wondering when veg would post here. :)

Veg, from your threads and posts about available tickets, and what Lare posted above, technically couldn't you get tickets to each home game below face value, making it cheaper than purchasing season tickets?

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no way you can get tickets for face value to EVERY home game.

You CAN get tickets for less than face value if you're happy with preseason games, Christmas day games, and teams like the Lions end of December.

If the Packers season goes into the tank early, buyer's market! If we start out 5-0, your cheapest option may be to watch the game on TV.

I've been seeing people begging for tickets to the first five games at Lambeau this coming season. The last three games against low-interest teams in the cold, those are the best options for bargain hunters.

Show up on game day for that Thursday night preseason game, you'll find tickets for $20 each.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Team ticket office supervisor Carol Edwin says Packer fans have been known to place their unborn children on the list, then call back after they're born to provide a name for the list.

Where is child protective services when they are really needed ? :razz:

think you could be any better of a parent? yours could belong in protective services for raising them as vikings fans.

Members online

Latest posts