The Lions Reach 5-0 For First Time Since 1950's Football

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
First of all, I gotta say I am happy for the Detroit fans that have been there since day 1, and still pulling for their team in blood and honor after Barry Sanders, after 0-16 and after all the losing seasons they've been through. That's real fans.

Watching the Lions last night was a hard fought, yet sloppy game. I did enjoy it. The Bears offensive line really is that bad. Who would have guessed the Bears would give up such a run like that when they were so good last season on that side of the ball?

However, there were some things that exposed both teams to mind. Detroit allowed Chicago to carve 'em up a bit on passing the ball around. They did improve this later on with their blitz schemes proving how scary they can be on the defensive side, but this also looked like something I think McCarthy will be studying come Thanksgiving.

The Lions are a threatening team indeed, and have drastically improved, but something tells me there is a weakness.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The 49ers are a big test to them, can't believe I am actually saying that.

After the 3-48 beat down of the Buc's, I am curious as how the Lions will handle them. Harbaugh has given confidence in the Niners, and they do lack weapons but they are a much much better team than what they were with Singletary.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I hope the 49ers play 4 quarters of good football. Someone needs to do that and expose this Lions team as not really being as great as their record shows. I really am happy for the people of Detroit though. They have hung with that team thru some very hard times both in the sports world and the real world and they deserve a little escape from reality.

When ever I used to see a Lions decal on a car or someone sporting Detroit gear I would say "There's a real fan". Not like those Cowgirl fans.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
When ever I used to see a Lions decal on a car or someone sporting Detroit gear I would say "There's a real fan". Not like those Cowgirl fans.

Amen, Cowboys have one of the worst band wagons ever. They are the Yankees of the NFL. However I've met some Dallas fans over the years that are a bit older than me (late 30's to mid 40's) and those guys are easy going, good to talk football with, but they are also from Texas and the only ones I know that like Dallas and lived there lol.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amen, Cowboys have one of the worst band wagons ever. They are the Yankees of the NFL. However I've met some Dallas fans over the years that are a bit older than me (late 30's to mid 40's) and those guys are easy going, good to talk football with, but they are also from Texas and the only ones I know that like Dallas and lived there lol.

Id say these days its the Pats that are the Yankees of the NFL, hope this doesnt happen to our Pack, cant help but feel its already began.

As for the Lions, they are really hitting their stride, Im actually kind of pleased we have them so late in the season, hopefully will give us time for our D to get more consistent.

Members online

Latest posts