The Line on the Washington Game

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds about right, if we take care of business the final score could be more like 13.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never like the odds. (I don't like to gamble)
Alot of the time the odds are on, sometimes way off. All i care about is that we win. I don't care if it's by ONE point, just a win.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers were favored by 200 points I'd bet the house on the Redskins.

There are probably 3 out of 100 who really understand what the point spread is for and what it means.

It's all about gambling and has nothing to do with predicting the anticipated outcome of the game.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers were favored by 200 points I'd bet the house on the Redskins.

There are probably 3 out of 100 who really understand what the point spread is for and what it means.

It's all about gambling and has nothing to do with predicting the anticipated outcome of the game.

Yeah, I'm one of the 97 :pop:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the spread accounts for nothing but betting trends.

The line moves from 1/2 points are usually based on betting trends...

the bookies want the line to start where they think they can get action on both sides of the spread.

When the Green Bay line moved from 3 to 3.5 ... That has nothing to do with the players or coaches... it simply meant that they had a bunch of people take Green Bay to win by 3. So by moving the line that half of a point they hope that people will take Washington then.

A bookie makes juice of each bets. so in an ideal world for them... they would have 10 thousand dollars on GB and 10 thousand dollars on Washington. Because if they are making 10 percent juice ... That means they will bring in 1000 dollars no matter the outcome of the game.

that might help. doubt it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, i understand it i think. If it's a 3.5 spread for the Packers to win, and we only win by 3, the "house" wins if you took the Packers. So even though you picked the right team to win, they didn't beat the predicted spread.
Am I right on this?

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, i understand it i think. If it's a 3.5 spread for the Packers to win, and we only win by 3, the "house" wins if you took the Packers. So even though you picked the right team to win, they didn't beat the predicted spread.
Am I right on this?

Yes.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could also bet the moneyline. That means no point spread. If you bet on the Pack you would have to bet $190.00 to win $100.00.
If you bet on the Redskins you bet $100.00 to win $160.00.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is some great news for fellow Packer fans. Peter King has picked the Skins to win. He's almost always wrong:

Washington Redskins (3-1) at Green Bay Packers (4-1)

America, you're going to love Jason Campbell. In case you didn't notice, last week was his entry into The Good NFL Quarterback Club: 23-of-29, 79 percent completions, three drives of 10 plays of longer in a game when the Redskins needed to play keepaway from the Detroit offense. Washington 34, Lions 3. Here, he'll pass the tundra test.

Redskins 23, Packers 17

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts