The Lambeau Leap is the greatest celebration in football, ever!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To unselfishly share the touchdown joy with the hometown fans like that makes me that much more happier to be a Packer fan.
Even though other players of other teams have done unique things like crazy dances I never ever get tired of watching Packers jump into the stands over and over again.
What a class act by a classy team.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I have to admit...it irratates me a bit to see other teams to the Lambeau Leap... but I absoultely love seeing the Packers celebrate that way!

Thank you LeRoy Butler!

I was shocked to hear that its a penalty to have 2 players jump into the stands...* aka Lambeau Leap at the same time. That was my first time hearing that 2 wks ago.
Shocker!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I believe they called it "Lavish Lambeau Leapness":rules:

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, i always get irritated when I see other teams try the Lambeau leap. I mean come on, it's not the Paul Brown Stadium leap or Gillete stadium leap or something!! Get your own celebration

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
LOL!!! "Do the Paul Brown Stadium Leap!!!"" :clapping:..........:no:

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I like it when other teams come to Lambeau and when they score, the players go to do a leap and then back off. Or when Ochocinco finds the lone pair of Bengals fans in the front row and leaps into them. It's a testament to how good a celebration it is and it makes me laugh more than it makes me upset.

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that makes it better compared to when any other team does it, is we actually do it on every single TD, unlike other teams who just randomly do it.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
There was an article in the New York Times earlier this season about 'excessive celebration' and Jared Allen not being able to take a knee during his rope-up celebration after a sack. It went on to say that the NFL is looking at endzone celebrations that involve 'leaving the field of play' and it pointed to the Lambeau Leap as one of the celebrations in question. I may be a Vikings fan, but I've always enjoyed a good celebration, even the Lambeau Leap. The NFL seems to be taking all the joy out of the game with the constant reviews, fines that will eventually prevent players from playing a game that is hard hitting but also a lot of fun.

Top two celebrations: Lambeau Leap and Walter Payton handing the ball to the ref and jogging off the field. Don't mention the Icky Shuffle or the Redskin endzone dance of the 80's. lol

Let's see what the Rules Committee changes during the off-season.

~Val

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
They better not try to mess with the Lambeau Leap. It's already tradition! A game at Lambeau just wouldn't be the same without it.

And I don't mind other excessive celebrations as long as they don't stray into taunting.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was an article in the New York Times earlier this season about 'excessive celebration' and Jared Allen not being able to take a knee during his rope-up celebration after a sack. It went on to say that the NFL is looking at endzone celebrations that involve 'leaving the field of play' and it pointed to the Lambeau Leap as one of the celebrations in question. I may be a Vikings fan, but I've always enjoyed a good celebration, even the Lambeau Leap. The NFL seems to be taking all the joy out of the game with the constant reviews, fines that will eventually prevent players from playing a game that is hard hitting but also a lot of fun.

Top two celebrations: Lambeau Leap and Walter Payton handing the ball to the ref and jogging off the field. Don't mention the Icky Shuffle or the Redskin endzone dance of the 80's. lol

Let's see what the Rules Committee changes during the off-season.

~Val

They better not try to mess with the Lambeau Leap. It's already tradition! A game at Lambeau just wouldn't be the same without it.

And I don't mind other excessive celebrations as long as they don't stray into taunting.
This doesn't make any sense at all.
It's one thing if the celebration is rubbing it in the other teams faces.
But the Lambeau Leap in no way does that.
And it's not like the Packers are running into the tunnel.

Seems like the No Fun League may want to target the Packers because they are public owned.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Valhalla Express

Yeah, that is just crazy!

The NFL is doing all it can to try and make the stadium experience better and they want to take away one of the most awesome things i could think of at a game?

I am no Jared Allen fan, but I always liked his knee celebration.

Originally Posted by Incubes12
I like it when other teams come to Lambeau and when they score, the players go to do a leap and then back off. Or when Ochocinco finds the lone pair of Bengals fans in the front row and leaps into them. It's a testament to how good a celebration it is and it makes me laugh more than it makes me upset.
Chad Johnson (I refuse to call him 85) is a turd. He flat out said he paid for those bengals fans seats so he could do a leap. The guy has Zero Class!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Well, honestly, Chad is just a fun loving dude, and I didn't have a problem with him wanting to take a lambeau leap. He knows his team blows and wanted to imagine what it would be like to play for a real franchise. Just wish we had won that game. sigh........

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chad Johnson (I refuse to call him 85) is a turd. He flat out said he paid for those bengals fans seats so he could do a leap. The guy has Zero Class!
Well every Chad I have met has had zero class!
(No offense to anyone named Chad on here. That's just the way it has always been to me.)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL is entertainment. If the players want to do a timely celebration then fine by me. They talk about it taking away from the purity of the game blah blah blah. If thats the case then how do you explain the excessive amounts of tv timeouts? Thats what kills the purity of the game.

And ocho is okay in my book. he does alot with interacting with fans and hyped it up all week. I wish favre would have tried one last leap while in purple

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Favre may be crowd surfed up and over Lambeau field if he tried it.

OchoCinco is entertainment for the fans of the Bengals who don't have much. And you could say he maybe the only opponent to do teh leap in Lambeau. And he doesn't do anything too bad.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lambeau Leap is indeed the greatest celebration, but I also love the players' signature celebrations. Clay Matthews' lion roar thing, Donald Driver's first down shake, and Aaron Rodgers' championship belt are all great. I laughed out loud the first time I saw BJ Raji celebrate by what looked like shoveling oatmeal into his mouth. I would hate it if the NFL cut down on these. I really don't have a problem with celebrations as long as they aren't delaying the game or excessively taunting the opposing team. Kansas State lost their bowl game because of a penalty on a salute after a TD. A salute!! The NFL and college football have already cut down on celebrations too much. They really need to lighten up.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I loved when Matt Flynn did the Championship belt. Rather have more celebrating and less commercials, something we could all believe in.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lambeau Field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
taunting and extreme celebration are both offenses in the NFL; as a result, gaudy displays are often frowned upon. If the league views the act as highly offensive, large fines and even suspensions can be issued. In 2006 the NFL, in an effort to cut down on celebrations, amended its rules to include an automatic 15 yard penalty against any player who leaves his feet or uses a prop, like a towel, or more specifically the football. The penalty is called as "excessive celebration".
Simply spiking the ball is not considered "excessive celebration". Jumping onto the outer wall to accept contact from fans, such as the Lambeau Leap, is also not considered such, as it is off the field of play.
Many Packer players jump into the end zone stands in a celebration affectionately known as the "Lambeau Leap." The Lambeau Leap was invented by safety LeRoy Butler, who scored after a Reggie White fumble recovery and lateral against the L.A. Raiders in December 1993. It was later popularized by wide receiver Robert Brooks
Occasionally, a visiting player will attempt a Lambeau Leap, only to be denied by Packers fans. This happened to then-Minnesota Vikings cornerback Fred Smoot when he intercepted a pass and returned it for a touchdown; Packers fans proceeded to throw their beverages on Smoot. During the 2007 NFC Championship game, New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs faked a Lambeau Leap after scoring a touchdown, angering many Green Bay faithful in the stands. Before a game against the Packers on September 20, 2009, Cincinnati Bengals wideout Chad Ochocinco announced he would do a Lambeau Leap if he scored a touchdown, and then followed through by leaping into the arms of pre-arranged fans wearing Bengals jerseys. Willis McGahee successfully did a Lambeau Leap into Ravens fans in a game between the Packers and Ravens.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Occasionally, a visiting player will attempt a Lambeau Leap, only to be denied by Packers fans. This happened to then-Minnesota Vikings cornerback Fred Smoot when he intercepted a pass and returned it for a touchdown; Packers fans proceeded to throw their beverages on Smoot. During the 2007 NFC Championship game, New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs faked a Lambeau Leap after scoring a touchdown, angering many Green Bay faithful in the stands. Before a game against the Packers on September 20, 2009, Cincinnati Bengals wideout Chad Ochocinco announced he would do a Lambeau Leap if he scored a touchdown, and then followed through by leaping into the arms of pre-arranged fans wearing Bengals jerseys. Willis McGahee successfully did a Lambeau Leap into Ravens fans in a game between the Packers and Ravens.

I dont' remember the Viking Smoot trying this, but I do remember Ocho's theatrics! grrrrrrr

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmR1cXl4JwI]YouTube - Aaron Rodgers First LAMBEAU Leap[/ame]

here is rodgers 1st lambeau leap. i was at a packers game a few years ago and we killed oakland. so many lambeau leaps. it was great. i hope they win today and do one in philly.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Lambeau Field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
taunting and extreme celebration are both offenses in the NFL; as a result, gaudy displays are often frowned upon. If the league views the act as highly offensive, large fines and even suspensions can be issued. In 2006 the NFL, in an effort to cut down on celebrations, amended its rules to include an automatic 15 yard penalty against any player who leaves his feet or uses a prop, like a towel, or more specifically the football. The penalty is called as "excessive celebration".
Simply spiking the ball is not considered "excessive celebration". Jumping onto the outer wall to accept contact from fans, such as the Lambeau Leap, is also not considered such, as it is off the field of play.
Many Packer players jump into the end zone stands in a celebration affectionately known as the "Lambeau Leap." The Lambeau Leap was invented by safety LeRoy Butler, who scored after a Reggie White fumble recovery and lateral against the L.A. Raiders in December 1993. It was later popularized by wide receiver Robert Brooks

First "official" Lambeau Leap. I prefer these announcers too. Was Reggie out of bounds?

Packers.com, the official website of the Green Bay Packers

Oops link isn't a direct link but the play is the first option below the video.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I have no problem other teams doing their own version of the Lambeau Leap honestly. Everyone knows who it was created by and what team did it first.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally like all the end zone dances and such. This is entertainment, so let the players entertain.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To Physically celebrate with the fans is an honor to both fans of the team and the players. One of the best if not the best tradition in pro sports

Latest posts