The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I really couldn't find a thread that just discusses Jordan Love. Appears he is now earning his own thread. Hopefully, it doesn't turn into a "Fire Jordan Love" thread.

I'll kick it off with what sounds like good news about his day today.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From all accounts today he looked excellent, yesterday wasn’t so hot. He’s young but I love what guys like Adams and Bahk said about him and the feel he is presenting out there this year.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should all keep in mind that Rodgers did not look good until he subbed for Favre in Dallas. That performance completely changed his confidence and he never looked back. I am hopeful yesterday's camp performance for Love was his breakthrough moment. If it was and he continues to improve...Watch. Out.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is encouraging..but from all practices last year and the otas etc...this was the 1st ( of hopefully many) where he looked good.

I didnt read tha articles but he did fall and fumble on another 2 min drill

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should all keep in mind that Rodgers did not look good until he subbed for Favre in Dallas. That performance completely changed his confidence and he never looked back. I am hopeful yesterday's camp performance for Love was his breakthrough moment. If it was and he continues to improve...Watch. Out.
100% accurate. I remember all of the hate for Aaron Rodgers. Some of it was due to the Favre saga but Rodgers rarely looked good in training camps or pre-season games. Make no mistake, Love is going to struggle. Hopefully he has been studying the **** out of the playbook for the past year.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
here’s an informative story about our new QB.
That is a great article, giving a good background on the guy instead of just his stats. It sounds like he is a more level-headed version of a young Brett Favre. He's got the moxy to make bold plays, the ability to do it, yet is less of a goof-ball -- which may mean that he is more coachable than Favre was in the 1990s.

Reaction score
That is a great article, giving a good background on the guy instead of just his stats. It sounds like he is a more level-headed version of a young Brett Favre. He's got the moxy to make bold plays, the ability to do it, yet is less of a goof-ball -- which may mean that he is more coachable than Favre was in the 1990s.
I can see that. Also by many accounts he’s very different than Rodgers in that pretty much everyone who has either coached him or played with him or known him (secondary family members) seem to really like his personality.
Goes along with what you said about Coach-ability.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bet that the coaches and players would love me too, but I'm not going to win any games for them.
Perfect. Please don’t! I’m a draft extraordinaire and now that you’ve revealed the truth? (Thank You btw you’ve saved us both a considerable amount of frustration)
I’d like to trade both you AND Rodgers and take my pic of the best QB in all of college football from both 2022 or 2023! :tup::tup:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I seem to recall Rodgers improving in year 2, practice and preseason although he still looked mediocre, and looking pretty solid by the year 3 pre season. Just checked his 2007 pre season stats, 3 tuddys 0 picks and a completion rate of 62.5% which pre concussion reforms was pretty good.

One big advantage Love has is that he played at extra year as a collegiate quarterback, admittedly at a mid major. It seems that 3+ year starters in college tend to transition better to the NFL. In contrast Rodgers had 2 years starting at CAL and one year at Butte.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see that. Also by many accounts he’s very different than Rodgers in that pretty much everyone who has either coached him or played with him or known him (secondary family members) seem to really like his personality.
Goes along with what you said about Coach-ability.
Love fits the classic bright but not too smart mold of a QB, which traditionally what teams wanted. His wonderlic was 27 which is above average(Favre had a 22), compared to Rodgers 35. Love doesnt strike me as the I'm the smartest guy in the room and have to constantly prove it type of player.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lol!

Too funny, but I do like the optimism and who knows they could be right or very wrong. At least they aren't focused on the fact that he was the #3 behind Boyle last year. ;)

"Considering Love only turns 23 this season and has never taken an NFL snap, you might as well compare him to this year's rookie class and wouldn't you know it? Love stacks up favorably next to Zach Wilson and Justin Fields and is right there with Trevor Lawrence."

Last edited:

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
someone mentioned beer, mind you what I call beer isn't what you call beer.

Ok Onto love

training camp is exactly that & can give a false impression as no hits etc...

he must have some ability or Packers wouldn't have drafted him & all we can do is wait 7 see how it plays out. the transition form 4 to 12 wasn't smooth but it worked out ok in the end. hopeful Love will be the man for a few years

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what Love has going for him over Trevor Lawrence is the supporting cast. The Jaguars have been jettisoning their players for years and went 1-15 last season. The Packers were in the NFC Championship game, have a strong running attack, a good O-line, a good WR group, a young & innovative coach, and a top 15 defense. All of the pieces are there for any quarterback to succeed in Green Bay.

What Love is able to do with all of those tools is the big question.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there's a single GM in the league that would trade Trevor Lawrence for Love. Lawrence excelled in the SEC and lead his team to a National championship. I agree Love is basically a rookie and his first season appears to have yielded very little as a third string clipboard holder. Until Love plays in pads against a real pass rush, I don't think its wise to either denigrate or elevate him from simulated action that he went through last week. What the Packers have in Love is a big question mark until he gets the chance to show what he can do in games that matter. Same for other rookies as well.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I bet that the coaches and players would love me too, but I'm not going to win any games for them.
If you're handing out Schlitz to your teammates I'm not sure how much the coaches and players would like you.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was the beer of the 60s. I bet you that Nitschke would flash his smile at a cool, refreshing Schlitz.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was the beer of the 60s. I bet you that Nitschke would flash his smile at a cool, refreshing Schlitz.
50's more like it. Kind of raspy. Love the sound of it though.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree Love is basically a rookie and his first season appears to have yielded very little as a third string clipboard holder. Until Love plays in pads against a real pass rush, I don't think its wise to either denigrate or elevate him from simulated action that he went through last week. What the Packers have in Love is a big question mark until he gets the chance to show what he can do in games that matter. Same for other rookies as well.
It's interesting how you phrase all of this, because I tend to agree with your conclusion, but question your logic. Why would you think Lawrence, Wilson or Fields would have a leg up, since none of them have done any of those things (pads, real pass rush, etc.) that you feel Love would require before being fairly evaluated? Love already had a year of at least being with the team and the playbook, as well as some practices. Not only that, I believe he is surrounded by a much better team than what the Jags, Jets and Bears are surrounding their rookies with.

All that said, based on their college pedigrees, I could see why people are more optimistic about the long term play of some of the guys drafted higher than Love, but that is never a guarantee of much either.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's interesting how you phrase all of this, because I tend to agree with your conclusion, but question your logic. Why would you think Lawrence, Wilson or Fields would have a leg up, since none of them have done any of those things (pads, real pass rush, etc.) that you feel Love would require before being fairly evaluated? Love already had a year of at least being with the team and the playbook, as well as some practices. Not only that, I believe he is surrounded by a much better team than what the Jags, Jets and Bears are surrounding their rookies with.

All that said, based on their college pedigrees, I could see why people are more optimistic about the long term play of some of the guys drafted higher than Love, but that is never a guarantee of much either.

So you are saying that Aaron Rodgers is not the only reason the Packers have gone 26-6 in the last two years and made it to back to back NFCC games. Never woulda guessed.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
50's more like it. Kind of raspy. Love the sound of it though.
True, they were on top in the 50s. The decline of the brewing/taste started in the 60s but they were still pretty dominant. They really fouled it up in the 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts