The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 29 42.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that Rodgers has stated he intends to play for the Jets and there's nothing that could change that. In Aaron’s words, will Love be a great player?

Im saying yes because there are just too many coincidences and it just seems like the right time in history for the Love era to bring GB multiple SB titles

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited to see what he can do. He showed he can drop back and sling. The biggest thing for me is how well does he drop back and sling it after teams have 6 weeks of tape and start game planning and then how does he do it after they have a season and an offseason to plan against. That's when we'll really know.

But I think the kid can play, and now he will.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he has the right "tools" at least. And one would presume that while not playing a lot he has gained some quality experience both from simply working with an NFL coaching staff for a few years but also in sharing a QB room with one of the greatest ever.

Beyond that, I don't know. Roughly 1% of players will make the hall of fame and something like 5% of active players make the pro bowl in a given year (last year it was I think 88 players out of 1,696, initially anyways) so I think projecting HoF or even Pro Bowl is hard to say. But I have high hopes!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I just hope this kid is all what the FO hypes him up to be. If he sucks and Rodgers has a good season with The Jets then the FO will have egg of their face and be ran out of town.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beyond that, I don't know. Roughly 1% of players will make the hall of fame and something like 5% of active players make the pro bowl in a given year (last year it was I think 88 players out of 1,696, initially anyways)

You have to look at it by position. As a starting QB, he has a 12.5% chance of making the Pro Bowl each year. But then, being selected to the PB isn't a random drawing. I fully expect him to be an above average QB. So if you put him in the upper 50% that kind of makes in more like a 25% chance.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope this kid is all what the FO hypes him up to be. If he sucks and Rodgers has a good season with The Jets then the FO will have egg of their face and be ran out of town.
I give new NFL starting QBs two seasons to put it together, and I think he will. And no, they won't have egg on their face either way. A decision for the future beyond 2023 had to be made.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sigh, I have no hopes for us. I see nothing in Love that gives me hope for this season.

Not his fault, but he just isn't a #1 pick and we are just compounding the mistake here (probably to satisfy someone's ego) by betting a season on him.

An year wasted till it becomes obvious.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Passing the torch: Aaron Rodgers praises Jordan Love’s ‘bright future’ amidst trade rumors​

Jordan is going to be a great player, he’s a great kid, and he had a really good year this year getting better. He’s got a bright future in front of him, they have a good young team,” noted Rodgers.

we always hear how Aaron is “honest” so what say you?

Aaron is wrong?

He is trying to be nice and not honest?

Do you believe him?

lastly. Why is he saying this?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that Rodgers has stated he intends to play for the Jets and there's nothing that could change that. In Aaron’s words, will Love be a great player?

Im saying yes because there are just too many coincidences and it just seems like the right time in history for the Love era to bring GB multiple SB titles
I say add one. you can’t tell yet

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sigh, I have no hopes for us. I see nothing in Love that gives me hope for this season.

Not his fault, but he just isn't a #1 pick and we are just compounding the mistake here (probably to satisfy someone's ego) by betting a season on him.

Correct he was not the #1 pick that draft year.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time for some Love…

Attachments

• 71667B48-E5EF-4674-A070-34C9B86AAD0C.jpeg
    71667B48-E5EF-4674-A070-34C9B86AAD0C.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 90

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly what was being said in '08! I think sitting a young QB for a few years is the "magic" formula and we'll be riding high for another 12-15 years.

Hoping Love marries a nice, down-to-earth gal who keeps him humble & grounded so we don't have similar "drama" in 2035.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Passing the torch: Aaron Rodgers praises Jordan Love’s ‘bright future’ amidst trade rumors​

Aaron is wrong?

He is trying to be nice and not honest?

Do you believe him?

lastly. Why is he saying this?

I think he said it becas he truly likes Jordan Love as a person and he genuinely hopes he becomes the third HOF qb in a row in GB

I think part of this is Aaron wanting to give Love his shot with the Packers just like he got so many moons ago

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think he said it becas he truly likes Jordan Love as a person and he genuinely hopes he becomes the third HOF qb in a row in GB

I think part of this is Aaron wanting to give Love his shot with the Packers just like he got so many moons ago
If that's true thars very unselfish..but I doubt he did it for that reason

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that's true thars very unselfish..but I doubt he did it for that reason

I dont think that was the only reason or the main reason. I think he did want to return to the Packers until he realized they didnt want him back. Mark "were idoits" Murphy and co, once again showed a complete lack of understanding of the right way to do things vs the wrong way. Which I'm sure hurt Rodgers feelings.

But I listened to him speak and thats just the feeling I got. He also used an expletive to describe how good of a person Love is

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Interestingly, I remember hearing these same comments exactly 15 years ago.

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This should make Captain feel a lot better since Rodgers can say or do no wrong.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope Love is a great success but it's more likely than not he won't be. If he fails my hope is that Murphy and Glutey get run out of town since they will have botched this situation from beginning to end.
These comments are ignorant. No one knows exactly what happened..rodgers even said (paraphrase)

Their truth, mine and the real truth

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is part of the offense

QB: Jordan Love
RB: Aaron Jones
RB: AJ Dillon
WR: Christian Watson
WR: Romeo Doubs
Good ol

Members online