The Jets game... possibly the hardest game of the season?

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i cant believe it but the jets might be a more talented team than the pack now.. what are yall opinions

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread, too soon to judge. Remember last year, when the Bears were favorite to win the division, with Cutler? And the Redskins were a force with Haynesworth?

Yeah...

The jets are very talented. They've shored up some problems they had. But they still got a very raw QB. He's not in the same realm as Rodgers. They still have to prove it on the field.

Our team has chemistry. They, I don't know...

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jets are going to be a good team no doubt, but a lot of it will depend on how all of these new guys mesh together. Team chemistry is huge, and maybe its just me being a homer, but I think the guys here in Green Bay all get along together, and mesh well together.. I can see some of the big ego's on the Jets team bumping heads.. if they can all come together though, they could be scary..

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets, you know, play the games before we start trying to tally wins and losses. There's a lot of unknowns still left to be revealed. Yeah, they look good on paper, but you never know how a season will play out with regards to injuries, team cohesion or any number of factors.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread, too soon to judge. Remember last year, when the Bears were favorite to win the division, with Cutler? And the Redskins were a force with Haynesworth?

Yeah...

The jets are very talented. They've shored up some problems they had. But they still got a very raw QB. He's not in the same realm as Rodgers. They still have to prove it on the field.

Our team has chemistry. They, I don't know...
ME myself never thought the bears were going to do anything.. and i knew the redskins would be just as bad as the year before..

The Jets are going to be a good team no doubt, but a lot of it will depend on how all of these new guys mesh together. Team chemistry is huge, and maybe its just me being a homer, but I think the guys here in Green Bay all get along together, and mesh well together.. I can see some of the big ego's on the Jets team bumping heads.. if they can all come together though, they could be scary..
what both of you may fail to realize is that the jets made is to the AFC championchip with a rookie head coach and a rookie qb.. they are both only going to get better especially with bringing in a veteran RB in LT and a very good young reciever in holmes.. the defense is only going to get better with jenkins being back.. cromartie coming in as a true number two corner.. and a good draft.. the defense gelled (check spelling lol) last year.. what makes anyone think it wont next year with bringing in cromartie.. if anything i think revis and cromartie will gel very well together and i believe they will push each other to see who ends up with a better year..combine that with a decent draft and they are a team to be forced with.. i dont think anyone can argue the jets finally have a good team.. the players they brought in is only going to help their case

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets, you know, play the games before we start trying to tally wins and losses. There's a lot of unknowns still left to be revealed. Yeah, they look good on paper, but you never know how a season will play out with regards to injuries, team cohesion or any number of factors.
the title was very misleading i admit.. all im saying is that i dont think its a definite win like in past years when the jets teams sucked.. and my best friend being a jet fan (like most in my jersey area) can make a case for their team being better than mine and i finally may not be able to argue against it and win.. im not really saying its a definate loss nor do i believe we will actually lose that game.. its more of saying we need to wake up and do something

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno, I'm sure they will be a force, but it doesn't mean its automatically a loss. I still maintain that the best improvement a team can go through comes from within, not from spending tons of money to bring in outside talent. You think the Bears are just gonna walk all over us next season because of all the $$$ they dropped? Cuz I don't.

I don't care how good the Jets D is looking, no one is stopping our Offense.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we play the game on the field not on paper ! so i will just wait and see with that being said i wouldnt bet against the pack. sorry my true colors must be showing:icon_rolleyes:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my question- Why the focus on the Jets? They aren't in our division and they aren't in our conference, so who cares how good the Jets might be? OK, we play them once this season. One game out of 16. Why all the focus on them?

Just curious. Not trying to rip on anyone.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno, I'm sure they will be a force, but it doesn't mean its automatically a loss. I still maintain that the best improvement a team can go through comes from within, not from spending tons of money to bring in outside talent. You think the Bears are just gonna walk all over us next season because of all the $$$ they dropped? Cuz I don't.

I don't care how good the Jets D is looking, no one is stopping our Offense.
you cannot compare the jets to the bears.. the jets are a significantly better coached and talented team.. the bears will suck no matter who they brought in this year.. the jets on the other hand made it one game short of the superbowl.. they were the number one defense overall and pass defense with a suspect safety in rhodes and no true number two corner.. so the get cromartie to solve the corner issue and i believe they will draft a safety in one of the first two rounds of the draft.. im pumped to see our offense **** on their d regardless lol ... GO PACKKK

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the title was very misleading i admit.. all im saying is that i dont think its a definite win like in past years when the jets teams sucked.. and my best friend being a jet fan (like most in my jersey area) can make a case for their team being better than mine and i finally may not be able to argue against it and win.. im not really saying its a definate loss nor do i believe we will actually lose that game.. its more of saying we need to wake up and do something

Well, ok, but draft day isn't until next weekend. What exactly are we supposed to be doing?

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my question- Why the focus on the Jets? They aren't in our division and they aren't in our conference, so who cares how good the Jets might be? OK, we play them once this season. One game out of 16. Why all the focus on them?

Just curious. Not trying to rip on anyone.
hahahaha my bad i tried hinting in my other posts about it more so being about my friends... i live in jersey so everyones either a jet or giants fan.. so now i have to hear how they think they are going to "**** on us this year" when we play and how "the pack aint ****".. they can actually make a case for themselves now though

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hahahaha my bad i tried hinting in my other posts about it more so being about my friends... i live in jersey so everyones either a jet or giants fan.. so now i have to hear how they think they are going to "**** on us this year" when we play and how "the pack aint ****".. they can actually make a case for themselves now though

Ahh, ok. I missed that. I know how ya feel. My best friends are all Charger fans. I hate the Chargers, even though I live here in San Diego. I can fully understand the need for bragging rights.

Here's the thing- The Jets look good on paper, and they do have a ton of talent. They had an unexpectedly good season last year, but that was last year. The Packers are also a good team, and I expect us to be better this season. But until the games are played, I'd find it best to just smile and nod, smile and nod. :happy0005:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
A couple of things about the Jets people have to remember. Of 11 offensive starters, 8 were 1st round picks. They have a great O-line. One of the best in the league IMO. They also only made the playoffs last year because the Colts let them in. I doubt that happens again. That being said, if Sanchez starts to settle down and a watch his throws they could be dangerous for several more years. Although I would not pencil in a loss right now, I would not pencil in a win either.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
That game was a loss before. What's changed?

I think the Jets are winning the Super Bowl. I really do. They remind me of the Bears team that got there a few years ago, except the Jets offense should be better than that Bears offense was. I see major improvements in Mark Sanchez's ability to take care of the ball coming. I don't think he's going to be a turnover machine. And even if he is, they got to the AFC Title game with all his mistakes last year.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh, ok. I missed that. I know how ya feel. My best friends are all Charger fans. I hate the Chargers, even though I live here in San Diego. I can fully understand the need for bragging rights.

Here's the thing- The Jets look good on paper, and they do have a ton of talent. They had an unexpectedly good season last year, but that was last year. The Packers are also a good team, and I expect us to be better this season. But until the games are played, I'd find it best to just smile and nod, smile and nod. :happy0005:
agree 100% thats why they play the games

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what both of you may fail to realize is that the jets made is to the AFC championchip with a rookie head coach and a rookie qb.. they are both only going to get better especially with bringing in a veteran RB in LT and a very good young reciever in holmes.. the defense is only going to get better with jenkins being back.. cromartie coming in as a true number two corner.. and a good draft.. the defense gelled (check spelling lol) last year.. what makes anyone think it wont next year with bringing in cromartie.. if anything i think revis and cromartie will gel very well together and i believe they will push each other to see who ends up with a better year..combine that with a decent draft and they are a team to be forced with.. i dont think anyone can argue the jets finally have a good team.. the players they brought in is only going to help their case
The NFL is not linear... On paper they got better. But on paper. They still got to play it.
Ah, now we're talking. Yeah, I didn't think it was a gimme when the opponents came out, and definitely don't think now. They certainly have a very good team, and will be one of the thoughest opponents of the year.

They don't spread the field, though. We did pretty well against teams that didn't spread the field, might I remember everyone.

About the "wake up and do something", I've already adressed this kind of feeling before, not going to do it again... Let the play do all the talking. This draft is deep enough for us to solve all our problems, or at least the majority of them. We need to draft right, though. Don't give me no Dez Bryant in the #1 and Colt McCoy in the #2...

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They don't spread the field, though. We did pretty well against teams that didn't spread the field, might I remember everyone.

About the "wake up and do something", I've already adressed this kind of feeling before, not going to do it again... Let the play do all the talking. This draft is deep enough for us to solve all our problems, or at least the majority of them. We need to draft right, though. Don't give me no Dez Bryant in the #1 and Colt McCoy in the #2...
they might not have been able to spread the field last year but now sanchez has a year under his belt and they just picked up a reciever who can def stretch the field

the whole wake up and do something comment wasnt much towards us going into free agency like you may think.. it was more like you said we need to have a good draft and about cutting loose ends on our team.. its do or die time, rebuilding is over we have a team that has the potential to make some big noise..its go time

Money can't buy everything. The Jets are gonna be the Cowboys of this past decade.
That is not true at all.. when have the cowboys made it to the nfc championship.. rex ryan is no joke when it comes to coaching.. and the jets didnt sign any hugee players in which they spent tons of money.. they got some good quality veterans for a very reasonable price

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
How come nobody called me into this thread? lol. The Giants suck and so do the Jets. Believe me.
I agree with you about the Giants. The Jets are another story. I don't agree with Spanish Rose about the acquisition of good quality players. They are players with character issues who have played well at some point in their careers, but aren't very consistent. However, I do think that they tip the scales in the AFC toward the Jets a little bit. I think that the Jets could potentially be the team to beat, but it's all only on paper. I haven't seen enough from Cromartie or Holmes to think that they are the gamebreakers for that team. I still don't think they are the missing pieces. It's certainly possible, but there's nothing to convince me to think they are a sure winner of anything other than a game against the Bills.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think your forgetting they were given a playoff spot the second indy didnt play Peyton and when the bengals rested week 17.

Mark Sanchez threw 12 TDs and 20 INTs last season, and why are the packers going to lose to them? Maybe you forgot but the pack ball hawk like no other. They lost Thomas Jones (Greene may or may not be as good) who saved sanchez from losing several games.

Cromartie is as spotty in coverage as any CB in the NFL. Revis is great as any corner in the last two decades but the pack are loaded with offensive weapons. Sweet he takes away Jennings or Driver. That just leave like 4 other targets available. Guess what the Jets are weak at? Pass rushing. Guess what were bad at? Protecting the QB. We match up great with the Jets.

Can anyone name the last team that went all out on a trading/spending spree and won the SB?

IMO the Ravens/chargers/colts are better in the AFC, and I dont think its even a for sure thing that the Jets will win the division.

Im in agreement that the Jets game isnt that big of a deal since its an AFC team. If the Vikings added Brandon Marshall I think we could start the sky is falling talk, but the jets? Come on maaaan.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about the Jets being that good, even on paper. I wouldn't worry about the game or who is better. Winless Tampa Bay beat us last year and we are by far better on paper than they are. It just depends on who shows up to play.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you about the Giants. The Jets are another story. I don't agree with Spanish Rose about the acquisition of good quality players. They are players with character issues who have played well at some point in their careers, but aren't very consistent. However, I do think that they tip the scales in the AFC toward the Jets a little bit. I think that the Jets could potentially be the team to beat, but it's all only on paper. I haven't seen enough from Cromartie or Holmes to think that they are the gamebreakers for that team. I still don't think they are the missing pieces. It's certainly possible, but there's nothing to convince me to think they are a sure winner of anything other than a game against the Bills.

I think your forgetting they were given a playoff spot the second indy didnt play Peyton and when the bengals rested week 17.

Mark Sanchez threw 12 TDs and 20 INTs last season, and why are the packers going to lose to them? Maybe you forgot but the pack ball hawk like no other. They lost Thomas Jones (Greene may or may not be as good) who saved sanchez from losing several games.

Cromartie is as spotty in coverage as any CB in the NFL. Revis is great as any corner in the last two decades but the pack are loaded with offensive weapons. Sweet he takes away Jennings or Driver. That just leave like 4 other targets available. Guess what the Jets are weak at? Pass rushing. Guess what were bad at? Protecting the QB. We match up great with the Jets.

Can anyone name the last team that went all out on a trading/spending spree and won the SB?

IMO the Ravens/chargers/colts are better in the AFC, and I dont think its even a for sure thing that the Jets will win the division.

Im in agreement that the Jets game isnt that big of a deal since its an AFC team. If the Vikings added Brandon Marshall I think we could start the sky is falling talk, but the jets? Come on maaaan.
i stated in previous posts why i made the thread.. not so much as a big deal to the packers moreso to me living in the jersey area..regardless of how they made it to the playoffs, they made it there and went to the afc championship game..if they sucked so bad and shouldnt have made the playoffs they should have been out in the first round...they have the same team as last year and i dont think adding cromartie and holmes would ruin any chemistry.. the same was said about bart scott last year and well loook what happened.. cromartie has had a 10 pick season.. ****** corners dont get 10 picks.. and the jets were playing their 3rd corner most of the year at the second spot because lito was out.. im pretty sure cromartie would be better suited.. and as far as holmes.. dudes won a superbowl and superbowl mvp title how can you say thats not gamebreaking???.. as far as sanchez.. they made it that far with him sucking that bad.. umm im going to assume hes going to have a better second year.. IMO losing jones only helps the running game... greene was significantly better than jones when i saw him running the ball.. he's going to be a beast..I DONT ACTUALLY THINK THE JETS WILL WIN THIS GAME I JUST THINK THEY HAVE MORE OF A CHANCE.. there its out there now

Winless Tampa Bay beat us last year and we are by far better on paper than they are. It just depends on who shows up to play.
THISSS

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts