The "Inevitable" Two Minutes

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me or do the games seem remarkably similar to the games in the late 80s when the Packers would "seem" like they were in the game, only to have a meltdown and be out of it in just a couple of minutes?

This week, we missed a 54 yard FG (can't blame Rayner for missing his 2nd team record tying kick of the night.) But, that gives the Eagles the ball in good field position. One quick long pass over Carroll, a bad choice by Brett and another long pass down the right sideline and suddenly we go from down 10-7 to down 24-7 and out of game. All in less time than it takes make a refrigerator run.

It just seems a little too much like my college years. It is getting awfully hard to talk football with my old college roommates (Bear Fans) when it is so much like it was back in the 80s.

After a while on a young, inexperienced team, even the players begin to look for the "inevitable" 2 minutes when the game will slip away. When they start expecting it to come, it will because they are playing not to lose and lose their aggressiveness.

Members online

Latest posts