The "I hope (this team) loses" Week 8 Thread

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that the main concern is that the Packers win and some may say "if we can't win then we don't deserve to move up, be in playoffs, win the division" and so on. However, there are teams within the same division that you do need to lose to move up, team's within the conference that you want to lose for that "security" of making it into the playoffs and being well ahead of them in the playoff race and then there are teams that you just simply may not like.

So, which teams do you want to see lose that you think would benefit the Packers this week? (Or that you just simply want to lose)

1. I suppose another Washington loss would not be bad for us in the London game. They have currently lost 3 games and losing a 4th to the Bengals tomorrow would provide a bit more cushion from them should we need it in the wildcard hunt.

2. I also would like to see the Saints defeat the Seahawks. Not sure that will happen but looking ahead, I want the Seahawks to have as many losses as possible in order for them to not receive any home field advantage going into the playoffs.

3. Of course I would love for a miracle to occur and the Bears to defeat the Vikings. Now...I am not rooting for the Bears I am just simply rooting against the Vikings. If they did somehow lose to the Bears, they must go face a Lions team who has been very good since their loss to us. That is going to be a very interesting game.

4. Finally, Cowboys and Eagles. Question here. Do we root for the Eagles to fall to 3 losses or do we want them to win and the Cowboys fall to 2 losses? With a victory over us, the Cowboys would own the tie breaker and with the Eagles in 1st place, we would (for now) be behind the Cowboys in the wildcard playoff standings.

With all of that said...who are YOU rooting against in Week 8?

D

Deleted member 6794

With all of that said...who are YOU rooting against in Week 8?

I'm rooting against all NFC teams playing against an opponent from the AFC as well as clubs with the better record in intraconference games.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My house rules:
1. Root for Packers to win
2. Root for all other NFC North teams to lose
3. Root for all remaining teams who I perceive past injustices (Seahawks, 49er, Cowboys, etc... pretty much any team in the league) to be smited

Im only half joking about #3.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter what I root for the Cowboys and Vikings to lose every week of every season. **** those two teams

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always root for the Pack to win and for every other team in all other games to end in a tie.
I got my wish with the battle of the birds this week.

Members online

Latest posts