The Honor

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I can't say I'm happy with how little of the retiring of number 92 was shown. Did I miss it? I remember seeing halftime people talking about other games, some news broad, then the unveiling of 92 and that was pretty much it.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
What was disapointing is that Reggie was not there for it. What a shame.
Reggie must have been turning around and triyng to get out of the grave !!! It is a shame on this guys the MUST HAVE WON THIS ONE.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rmayer32 said:
Philtration said:

No argument with that.. Still hard to believe.

I agree with both of you. It was nice to see his number retired, but it just didn't feel right him not being there.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
rmayer32 said:
Philtration said:

No argument with that.. Still hard to believe.

I agree with both of you. It was nice to see his number retired, but it just didn't feel right him not being there.
Keep an eye out for the Packers to post a video replay of the whole ceremony...

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
SlickVision said:
I hope so IPB. I wanna see it.

In the meantime, the tribute video is located on a sidebar to this link. If I knew how to post the actual realplayer link I would, but this will do for those who haven't seen it. It is very nice.

Awesomeness thanks I will def check this out when I get home.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ABC is not planning to show much, if any of the ceremony during halftime of tonights Dallas/Washington game that has Aikman, Smith and Irvin getting inducted in the Cowgirls "Ring of Honor". I can't remember the reason that was given, but I assume it's so they have more time to promote their new Fall lineup and I'm sure they don't want to cut into Tim Mcgraws highlight song and whatever it is that they have Jimmy Kimmel doing. Getting back to the ceremony for Reggie yesterday. When the crowd started chanting his name down the stretch I was getting goose bumps and I just knew we would stop the Browns and Brett would win the game in the end. Alas, it wasn't to be. IMO, that was the worst thing to come out of this game. Reggie deserved better. It reminded me a little of a game we played against the Bears during the 90's, when they were honoring **** Butkus and Gayle Sayers. It was a Monday Night game and the rain was coming down sideways. Packers were beating the Bears handily and there was Butkus and Sayers standing in the middle of the field at halftime, getting soaked, while a less than half full stadium payed tribute to their former heroes. Much like White, these guys deserved a better sendoff (although I didn't mind at the time because the Packers were partly to blame for the gloomy atmosphere).

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
Philtration said:

Are you mocking me here Phil?
I don't get it. I am saying that Reggie White should not be gone at the age of 43 and should have been standing there beside his family, friends and former teammates on this day.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of us not living in Wisconsin we didn't get to see the retiring much less the first 5 minutes of the game. I was stuck watching the end of the Panthers/Patriots.

Members online

Latest posts