The hiring of MM means..

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the hiring of Mike McCarthy means we are going to draft Lendale White with our 1st round draft pick.

Just look at this

"He does a lot of different things in terms of changing up the look of what he does," Henry said. "His running game is more power-oriented. It's more in line with what Kansas City was when he was there. It's not Martyball, but it's more along those lines."

I would welcome Lendale White to Green Bay, he's a TD machine!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, let's make sure White wasn't successful in USC because teams were keying on stopping Bush and Leinart. All of White's yards came inside. Teams were trying to shut down the outside (Bush) and the pass (Leinart). I'm not saying they were. I'm just saying we better make sure.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you watch the USC games, how many times do you see White making his own yards? With a program like that, I would think that any average runner would look like a superstar running though holes like that. This was part of my contention about how Emmitt Smith was not that great of a runner. He had a GREAT line that opened some huge holes. Emmett on many occasions did not even get touched for the first 6-7 yards.

My choice for running back would be Deangelo Williams of Memphis State. Look at his numbers and the quickness he had hitting the hole. He also has the ability to slide through a narrow hole similar to that of the NFL's. The holes in the NFL are smaller and close much quicker than those of the College game. Especially if your holes are opened by the national champions.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Gado and Davenport will do fine......IF they heal up well. Both of them have proven themselves...........why go for a running back, that may just be sucessfull because of the team he was on? Lots of good points made before my 2 cents on this topic.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have good running backs,we need some one t0o fill the holes where whale and revera were,i hear a kick return guy is goimng into the draft we shoukld grab him.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan4ever said:
we have good running backs,we need some one t0o fill the holes where whale and revera were,i hear a kick return guy is goimng into the draft we shoukld grab him.
Hester from Miami? Him or Joe Addai would be great if we can get either in the 3rd round...doubt it though. I don't know where they stack up right now (or where they're projected)..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts