The Good News

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know guys, I think the Bears could be legit this year. Cutler has about 5 big boys to throw to this year and if our secondary doesn't get better, I don't see how it keeps up with all those big receivers.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes its a long season but it's going to be even longer if the Packers play and are coached like was the case yesterday. You can't lose games like that.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I agree...that was a targeted blow to Finley's head. BS he was just playing the ball.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AND MOST OF ALL: The Bears still suck.
I am a homer but not to the point of ever thinking that the Bears suck.
I respect them and am never ready to count them out until they are out.
I am impressed by what they have done.
3-0 and beat the Steelers at home.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Finley shot was a targeted forearm shiver to the head. That better be at least a $25,000 fine. The player was clearly targeting him and didn't have to choose that action at all.
Man, I could feel his pain when I watched him get up and then go back down after he was knocked silly.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasnt just the lack of finley, there were MULTIPLE times when the short route was standing there wide open and Arod chose to sling it deep for an INT or an incompletion. He was looking for that homerun ball when what he should have been doing is picking them apart with the short game. I swear during the 3rd Qtr I saw Cobb so far open that he could have drank a cup of coffee and ate a donut while waiting to get the ball thrown to him. Another thing we were missing was decent play calling. We had several decent runs and no play action pass to follow, why? Also, why run a smaller guy like franklin right up the guts when the D is looking for the run in short yardage, why not do a bootleg or a sweep, or QB keeper, or put in Kuhn or let Raji run the damn ball LOL.
I was wondering why no one was talking about Rodgers ignoring the short route. I saw a least 3 3rd and short plays with cobb or franklin were wide open right around the first down line and Rodgers went deep including the 2nd int he threw. I think it happened on 3rd down right before the Franklin fumble to if I remember right.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are better than this. Aren't we?
We are not the Cleveland Clowns.
Yes and that's what makes it so disheartening. I remember back in the days of Infante when I used to go to bars in DC to watch them. We knew the Packers weren't worth a $hit then so getting beat was expected. This is not those days. The talent is too good to have an implosion like we witnessed yesterday on offense and yes there were some mistakes on the defensive side. The game was there for the taking and we spit the bit in so many ways. Unacceptable!

and AR how could you go from offensive player of the week to that performance?

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not forget that Cincinnati has a pretty good defense. I'm not happy that they chose to go after heads, as that's cheap football, but I understand their be-tough-to-beat-the-best attitude. There are just better ways of doing it.

That said, it's fine and dandy for us to all sit around saying that there were guys wide open. The reality is that Rodgers isn't watching the game from his sofa. He's got a progression of targets and with our offensive line and the sacks he already took, I have no illusions that he wasn't able to read all of his targets before making quick decisions. He's got his hot read and maybe another one or two if the protection holds reasonably well. I won't throw Rodgers on the bus for missing those reads. There were plenty of other things that he did wrong, but he knows that, and I'm satisfied with his ability to correct and improve. He's earned that trust from me.

Quarless and Cobb were dropping passes. Jones was stopping on his routes. Jordy made his usual number of beautiful sideline catches but we still need more every-down production.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched the game again and Rodgers couldn't have done much more than he did. The oline got pushed around pretty bad and on the last play I hate how the WHOLE oline went for ankle blocks and is the reason the ball got batted down.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something tells me we exposed the 49ers the first game and now everyone is taking advantage of our strategy for stopping the read option. If we had played them later on I could see us beating them just like the Colts did. No way was I expecting that to happen.
Actually it was the Seahawks that have exposed the 9ers twice now. Both times they shut down the RO and played some physical Man with their DB's. That last part is something we don't have the personnel to do, usually our secondary is in a Zone look. Until our secondary plays more physical keep your eye open for more of the same if we play the 9ers again.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I don't know guys, I think the Bears could be legit this year. Cutler has about 5 big boys to throw to this year and if our secondary doesn't get better, I don't see how it keeps up with all those big receivers.
Nah, Vikings had them beat then blew coverage on that last TD by the Bears.

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the NFL annals I wonder when the last time a team had a 100 yard rusher, scored 30 consecutive points, forced 4 turnovers and STILL lost.

This group sure is maddening! Don't know if my heart can take the rest of this season. :cautious:

Good news is we have many injured players which will come back. We still have Aaron Rodgers one of the best QB's in the league. Brad Jones quietly having a Pro Bowl calibar season. Mason Crosby is hitting FG's at a 100% clip, We have the best home stadium in the NFL along with the best fans, Despite points given up the defense is showing signs of big improvement, I think over the season with the continual development of Hyde, Neal, etc. you will see this continue. We discovered the greatness of Jonathan Franklin today.

http://pfref.com/pi/share/5pd8L

It doesn't appear to have happened since 1940 anyway. The above link has games since 1940 where a team scored at least 30, took the ball away at least 4 times, and had at least 100 yards rushing (all necessary to meet the 30 points in a row, 4 takeaways, and a 100 yard rusher) and lost. Reviewing each game, no team scored 30 points in a row at all.

If it be irony, the closest a team has come were the Bengals against Tennessee in 1999 who scored 28 straight points, had a 90 yards rusher, took the ball away 4 times, built a 9 point lead with those 28 straight unanswered points , and still lost.

Pretty historic yesterday apparently...

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I am a homer but not to the point of ever thinking that the Bears suck.
I respect them and am never ready to count them out until they are out.
I am impressed by what they have done.
3-0 and beat the Steelers at home.

FF, you misunderstand me. Just because I gladly and often repeat the saying of "Bears suck" does not mean that I believe they suck. It's just a saying that is fun to say about our bitter rivals.

I believe they are a good team.

And, don't tell anyone, but I have a world of respect for the Bears franchise. Walter Payton is one of my favorites.

But... The Bears suck.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Something tells me we exposed the 49ers the first game and now everyone is taking advantage of our strategy for stopping the read option. If we had played them later on I could see us beating them just like the Colts did. No way was I expecting that to happen.
If we played them right now...

We would be without most/all of our RBs, Finley, Matthews, Burnett, and Heyward.

But, they would be without two of their WRs, Davis, Willis, and Smith.

Not too dissimilar in terms of injury situation...

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I agree...that was a targeted blow to Finley's head. BS he was just playing the ball.
Oh come on for pity sake !!!! How is it IF it is a hit on one of our guys, its a deliberate intention to injure, but if it`s Clay Mathews nearly taking the 49ers head off its legit ???? Its a contact sport and people get hurt. Spearing with the helmet is a no-go, but that hit on Findley was just an unfortunate accidental hit.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched the game again and Rodgers couldn't have done much more than he did. The oline got pushed around pretty bad and on the last play I hate how the WHOLE oline went for ankle blocks and is the reason the ball got batted down.

I re-watched the game as well and Aaron could have done a lot of things better... It was one of the worst games I have ever seen the man play.

1) 3:11 in the 3rd he missed Jones for 30-40 yard gain. On second and 4? Which all but seals the deal. At the very least Cobb is open on the short route for a first down... Aaron passes on that and throws an incomplete. Not a huge deal but a first down would have helped. On top of that the next play he throws a pick trying to force it to Jones. Jones was covered well and the pass should have never been thrown. Cobb was open on the crossing pattern for another first down. Not to take blame away from JJ, he needs to finish his route. But that pass was not going to be completed even if JJ finishes the route. Aaron locked into that route from the start and didn't see the field. That in itself was 3 errors on 2 consecutive plays that could have lead to the game being out of reach for the Bengals.

2) 13:42 in the fourth with a lead... he throws a horrible interception. (Quarless was wide open for a 5+ yard gain right in front of him). Even worse it was 1st and 10. No need to force that pass. Bonehead move I expect from #4 not #12. The five yard gain not only gets you closer to a first down but runs down the clock. A homerun in that position is great, but it would have been better to get 5 yards at a time than 30 on one play.

3) Drive with the Franklin fumble 5:14 4th... 2nd and 6 Rodgers takes a sack as he continues to look deep with both of his outlet receivers (Quarless and Franklin) open right in front of him. Quarless for sure would have got the first down. Sets up third and long... Cobb ends up 1/2 yard short and the rest is history.

4) Final drive last 4 sets of downs... on the Bengals 20. 1st down he throws to JJ who is double covered and had Cobb open on the same side for 15+ yards.

And last but not least I have become quite disgusted with Rodgers on the field antics. Yelling at his receivers for the smallest of mistake, but has nothing to say when he makes a bonehead move. My point is... Don't expect perfection from your receivers if you can't do it yourself. Lead by example. Do you see Peyton Manning running around yelling at everyone and rolling his eyes like a little school girl... Just really unappealing to me. Truth be told if Rodgers was the best player on the field as his salary says he is.... The Packers win that game. Period.

That was just the final 4 drives... There were a plethora of other mistakes made early in the game including him quitting on a play a full second before being sacked. Not throwing the ball to Ross and giving him a chance and instead getting ROCKED at the 1 yard line. My honest opinion is you can rip apart any game and find mistakes made by the QB. Being on the field and doing it is a whole other thing. But Aaron could/has played better.

I personally think Aaron is one of the best quarterback in the NFL when the pressure isn't on him. But to say he was above error in that game you have to have blinders on. He played horribly as did a lot of the team. Only difference is Rodgers gets paid more to preform when others don't. Not to get frustrated and revert back to some of his old bad tendencies.

Disclaimer: This is not saying Rodgers is a bad QB, that the Packers are in deep trouble... It's quite the opposite, I think the Packers have a great chance to turn this ship around. But you can't have the mistakes and turnovers they did in that game and expect to come out on top. Rodgers was NOT in top form, and it showed.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts