Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 1-2
San Francisco 1-2
Atlanta 1-2
NY Giants 0-3
Minnesota 0-3
Washington 0-3

5 of those 6 teams were the NFC playoff teams last year, and the other, NYG, won the Super Bowl in February last year.

The Saints are legit, and apparently so are the Bears at 3-0. We'll get our chances against Da Bears though. Remember, they found a W against Cincy in week one, while we found the L against them.

Dallas is atop the East at 2-1 and they have a pretty favorable schedule. We of course play them, here in Dallas on December 15th, week 15. I wanted them to be crappy and out of it by then, dammit.

It's a long season, and this one reminds me more of 2010 when we won the Super Bowl, than it does 2011 when we were 15-1 but flamed out right away in the playoff game.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Agreed, this team has tremendous upside and a ton of football left to play. I see a team that if healthy with our offensive weapons can be great. The offensive line has overall played much better than expected in the run game.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle vs Miami Super Bowl?

Miami beat Atlanta today, and won at Indianapolis last week.
I'd say Denver, but Manning chokes in the playoffs more than Favray did.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
We have lots of things to make us feel better:

First off, the quicker we get behind, the more time we have to catch up!

And, yes, it sure feels like 2010...! Maybe it will end the same?

And, we have a bunch of rookies and scrubs getting valuable play time while our starters are being rested!

And we certainly don't have that unnecessary stress of an undefeated season like in 2011.

And the spotlight is shining elsewhere. Not even on Rodgers anymore.

The Vikings are 0-3.

AND MOST OF ALL: The Bears still suck.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 1-2
San Francisco 1-2
Atlanta 1-2
NY Giants 0-3
Minnesota 0-3
Washington 0-3

5 of those 6 teams were the NFC playoff teams last year, and the other, NYG, won the Super Bowl in February last year.

The Saints are legit, and apparently so are the Bears at 3-0. We'll get our chances against Da Bears though. Remember, they found a W against Cincy in week one, while we found the L against them.

Dallas is atop the East at 2-1 and they have a pretty favorable schedule. We of course play them, here in Dallas on December 15th, week 15. I wanted them to be crappy and out of it by then, dammit.

It's a long season, and this one reminds me more of 2010 when we won the Super Bowl, than it does 2011 when we were 15-1 but flamed out right away in the playoff game.

The Bears? Come on, now. We've seen this movie before. They start like, 7-1 every year. I do sure hope they win the division. I recall quite well what happened ... the last time that happened, lol.

Reaction score
Something tells me we exposed the 49ers the first game and now everyone is taking advantage of our strategy for stopping the read option. If we had played them later on I could see us beating them just like the Colts did. No way was I expecting that to happen.

Reaction score
The Bears? Come on, now. We've seen this movie before. They start like, 7-1 every year. I do sure hope they win the division. I recall quite well what happened ... the last time that happened, lol.

I'd rather win the division before them this time around. No more byes after this week.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears have had 2 home gamestop start the season. They barely beat the Vikings and Bengals at home. Vikings suck and Bengals are not all that great. We gave up that win today. Then they beat a depleted Steelers team. Also the bears have a home friendly schedule 1st half and they will play away 4 out of their last 6 games. They will choke on the 2nd half. We have lost games by shooting ourselves and I see lots of room for this team to grow. One thing I will say. As much as I love Rodgers and would like no other QB for our team. He needs to improve on his 4th quarter come backs if we want to win close games

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The bears are NOT as good as their record suggests. They BARELY won the first two games with last second heroics which could have easily been a loss. Steelers gave that game away with 6 TURN OVERS......yet the bears gave up over 400 yards passing to an injured and depleted steelers offense....not a good sign for them. They will fall in the ranks as they ALWAYS do about mid-season. Cuntler will get rattled and start acting like the baby he is and they will crumble.

12theTruth

In the NFL annals I wonder when the last time a team had a 100 yard rusher, scored 30 consecutive points, forced 4 turnovers and STILL lost.

This group sure is maddening! Don't know if my heart can take the rest of this season. :cautious:

Good news is we have many injured players which will come back. We still have Aaron Rodgers one of the best QB's in the league. Brad Jones quietly having a Pro Bowl calibar season. Mason Crosby is hitting FG's at a 100% clip, We have the best home stadium in the NFL along with the best fans, Despite points given up the defense is showing signs of big improvement, I think over the season with the continual development of Hyde, Neal, etc. you will see this continue. We discovered the greatness of Jonathan Franklin today.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the NFL annals I wonder when the last time a team had a 100 yard rusher, scored 30 consecutive points, forced 4 turnovers and STILL lost.

This group sure is maddening! Don't know if my heart can take the rest of this season. :cautious:
Send that request to Elias.... I bet it's not happened this millenium.
I know Washington and Dallas had a game in 1999 where one team scored 3- straight, and still blew it.
Didn't hear about the turnover part or the 100-yard rusher part. Probably not both.

We might have just made history yesterday.
And not just hamstring history.
With this bye week, is it time to fire the strength & conditioning guy?
I mean seriously.... we're weak as hell on the White Wall, and we get more pulled hammy's and other lingering issues than anyone.

12theTruth

Send that request to Elias.... I bet it's not happened this millenium.
I know Washington and Dallas had a game in 1999 where one team scored 3- straight, and still blew it.
Didn't hear about the turnover part or the 100-yard rusher part. Probably not both.

We might have just made history yesterday.
And not just hamstring history.
With this bye week, is it time to fire the strength & conditioning guy?
I mean seriously.... we're weak as hell on the White Wall, and we get more pulled hammy's and other lingering issues than anyone.

One of the radio show hosts on the Packers Radio Network brought this up after the game. I wish I could take credit for thinking of it. LOL

But yes if you look at the big picture injury wise over the course of the last three seasons it should be viewed as unacceptable and not just coincidental. Starks is made of porceline glass. It didn't even look like much of a hit that he got injured on either.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
One of the radio show hosts on the Packers Radio Network brought this up after the game. I wish I could take credit for thinking of it. LOL

But yes if you look at the big picture injury wise over the course of the last three seasons it should be viewed as unacceptable and not just coincidental. Starks is made of porceline glass. It didn't even look like much of a hit that he got injured on either.

Agree.....starks is a one hitter quiter. People like to ride his nuts like he the best thing since sliced bread, but those green glasses they are wearing sure hide the truth. Starks is not only slow, runs to upright, has no moves or jukes and is injury prone. I was surprised he even made the team honestly. I really want to see what Lacy and Franklin can do now....they seem like they could be a decent 1 - 2 punch

12theTruth

Agree.....starks is a one hitter quiter. People like to ride his nuts like he the best thing since sliced bread, but those green glasses they are wearing sure hide the truth. Starks is not only slow, runs to upright, has no moves or jukes and is injury prone. I was surprised he even made the team honestly. I really want to see what Lacy and Franklin can do now....they seem like they could be a decent 1 - 2 punch

I am excited about Lacy and Franklin too.

Starks had better vision this season and wasn't as bad as Alex Green. Thats basically why he made the roster. In the shout box yesterday before the game I eerily predicted him to rush 14 times for 55 yards (or was it 53 yards). Anyways strange, strange, strange. I didn't see him getting hurt though.

It was really a bizarre game because you think to yourself how can a team with Aaron Rodgers and a running game like that AND WR's LIKE THAT struggle so bad. I guess we've learned that without JerMichael Finley in the lineup, Aaron Rodgers is much more vulnerable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I am excited about Lacy and Franklin too.

Starks had better vision this season and wasn't as bad as Alex Green. Thats basically why he made the roster. In the shout box yesterday before the game I eerily predicted him to rush 14 times for 55 yards (or was it 53 yards). Anyways strange, strange, strange. I didn't see him getting hurt though.

It was really a bizarre game because you think to yourself how can a team with Aaron Rodgers and a running game like that AND WR's LIKE THAT struggle so bad. I guess we've learned that without JerMichael Finley in the lineup, Aaron Rodgers is much more vulnerable.

It wasnt just the lack of finley, there were MULTIPLE times when the short route was standing there wide open and Arod chose to sling it deep for an INT or an incompletion. He was looking for that homerun ball when what he should have been doing is picking them apart with the short game. I swear during the 3rd Qtr I saw Cobb so far open that he could have drank a cup of coffee and ate a donut while waiting to get the ball thrown to him. Another thing we were missing was decent play calling. We had several decent runs and no play action pass to follow, why? Also, why run a smaller guy like franklin right up the guts when the D is looking for the run in short yardage, why not do a bootleg or a sweep, or QB keeper, or put in Kuhn or let Raji run the damn ball LOL.

12theTruth

It wasnt just the lack of finley, there were MULTIPLE times when the short route was standing there wide open and Arod chose to sling it deep for an INT or an incompletion. He was looking for that homerun ball when what he should have been doing is picking them apart with the short game. I swear during the 3rd Qtr I saw Cobb so far open that he could have drank a cup of coffee and ate a donut while waiting to get the ball thrown to him. Another thing we were missing was decent play calling. We had several decent runs and no play action pass to follow, why? Also, why run a smaller guy like franklin right up the guts when the D is looking for the run in short yardage, why not do a bootleg or a sweep, or QB keeper, or put in Kuhn or let Raji run the damn ball LOL.

Good points. Maybe Aaron decided the few times he did have solid pass protection he was going to get the kill shot. I wish I had DVR so I could go back and watch what you're talking about. I just know Aaron threw very few times to the middle of the field for whatever reason. Maybe the Bengals disguised their coverages well? I just think Rodgers was so uncomfortable back there you could tell it from his appearance and definitely his actions throughout the game.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One less fumble or interception and we win easily. Same with the rest of the season.

12theTruth

One less fumble or interception and we win easily. Same with the rest of the season.

Maybe but Rodgers has been sacked 8 times the last two weeks. The big elephant in the room is the ability to keep the franchise on his feet.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

indeed. Not to mention the amount of non-calls AGAIN. That shot to the head that finley took should have been called, and then Arod got late hit a couple more times and took a smack to the head. You know if we had done that to Dalton, we would have gotten flagged.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something tells me we exposed the 49ers the first game and now everyone is taking advantage of our strategy for stopping the read option. If we had played them later on I could see us beating them just like the Colts did. No way was I expecting that to happen.

No I think Seattle exposed them, I think we oversold on stopping Kap's running. Running Zone schemes, QB spies and contain was probably too much.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Kaep said on ESPN radio interview that they (INDY) had him bottled up with a good pass rush and kept DOUBLE spies on him most of the game. He said he was confused. *notes just given away to other teams by Kaep*

narmer2000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 1-2
San Francisco 1-2
Atlanta 1-2
NY Giants 0-3
Minnesota 0-3
Washington 0-3

The Bears game yesterday was gift wrapped.

12theTruth

Kaep said on ESPN radio interview that they (INDY) had him bottled up with a good pass rush and kept DOUBLE spies on him most of the game. He said he was confused. *notes just given away to other teams by Kaep*

This kind of depresses me now hearing this considering we allowed him to pass for over 400 yards :poop:.

12theTruth

indeed. Not to mention the amount of non-calls AGAIN. That shot to the head that finley took should have been called, and then Arod got late hit a couple more times and took a smack to the head. You know if we had done that to Dalton, we would have gotten flagged.

That Finley shot was a targeted forearm shiver to the head. That better be at least a $25,000 fine. The player was clearly targeting him and didn't have to choose that action at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts