1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The "GO PACK GO" Chant

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Guacamole, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    Last Sunday, that was all I heard. When do they chant it in Lambeau? During every extra point conversion like last Sunday in San Diego? The only time the crowd was loud was late in the 4th quarter when SD was down by a TD. Charger fans got loud on almost everytime the Pack were 3rd and short. Packers fans kinda sat there throughout the entire game. Was it because of the 21-7 lead? There were definetly more Packer fans than Charger fans, and the home team was louder when needed to be. Rivers never had to go to the silent count,Rodgers had to atleast 4 times. But back to the "GO OPACK GO" chant,,,,,,,is this something the bandwagoneers do?

2. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    This happens at least 25-50 times a game in lambeau... Dun dun dun da dun dun dun GO PACK GO

• Like Like x 1
  3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    They chant it by them playing that song that leads up to it...And if the game is going good, it will just start when ever

As far as not being loud enough in an opponents stadium?

What you talking about?

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/nfl/post/_/id/563/packers-fans-force-chargers-silent-count

The crowd was loud from the get go..

Rivers did have to do the silent count

But even if he didnt have to do a silent count..Is that something to complain about at his HOME FIELD??

Or see what Charger fans said

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=91110&page=35

Not sure what game you saw, or what reports you read..But I think your assessment is way off

4. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,483

• Like Like x 5
  5. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    Wow....that gives me goosebumps!!! That is great!!!! That guy is losing his voice as he chants!! :roflmao:

6. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    I'll never forget that game!

We took over Qualcomm!!!!

I vote for the Packers to play one of their home games in San Diego EACH year. LOL! :tup::roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    well both the video and silent count(I WAS WRONG) were both at the end of the 4th quarter as I stated in my post above.

8. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,483
    so what if he had to do it in the 4th q?

He was in his own stadium....you seem to forget that..The Charger fans should have been louder than the Packer fans

• Like Like x 1
  9. CheeseGlove

CheeseGlove Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'd like to make the "go pack go" chant my ringtone.. Does anyone know where I could find it?

10. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    Someone posted a link a few weeks/months ago. Try searching the forum.

11. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    I have only been to 4 games at Lambeau, Jets, Skins, ? ?. Anyhow, there was a mere handfull of opponent fans at each of these games. There were 2 very loud Jets fans, in the next section. It was funny, because when the Jets did something good, these two people would stand and cheer. And they were the only ones in the area. It sounded kind of pathetic even though they were loud. I imagine Bears and Vikes will get more support than the Jets, and I haven't had the pleasure of witnessing one of those games yet. But others who have seen more games, what is the worst % of opposing teams fans you have seen at a home game? I bet it is a very far cry from what I witnessed in San Diego.

By the way, it is tough to gauge in the stadium. I was on the visitors side (N) which was more Packer fans. My friends were on the home side, which was more Charger fans. They thought the Packers fans were louder, whereas I thought the Charger fans were louder - although it was close. I think all those Charger fans facing me, is louder than the pack fans - seperated by all the projecting levels, and projecting their voices towards the field, sounded less loud.

12. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    but why all the chants during extra points,and not during game play?

what was funny..Chargers fans were chanting "GO back home" and take Rivers with you

13. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,483
    Not sure why? I dont think it is done that like that at Lambeau...

But at away games it is just the fans starting them...The stadium announcer or sound booth guy wont play that

14. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I remember last year in preseason. Colts got destroyed in GB. I damn near heard " Dun dun dun da dun dun dun GO PACK GO" in my sleep for the rest of the night a million times LOL. It was so loud in just a preseason game from tv.

I actually thought it was kinda cool how pumped up the fans were even though it was not a real game. And now that I think of it is beating Indy a good sign in preseason now for the Packers?

15. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    so when do they/do not play Go Pack Go in Lambeau?

16. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,483
    No rhyme or reason or "set schedule" if you ask me...

Why is this so important?

17. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    well you know it helps to excite the home crowd when your showing videos on the scoreboard of service people overseas saying beat the Packers and Go Chargers. There were more Charger fans then Packer fans, barely. The game was never really contested until those last couple of drives. When it counted most Packer Nation stood tall. Rivers had to go to a silent count on those last drives.

So Just out of curiosity who's team are you a fan of? I notice most of your posts are pretty negative.

• Like Like x 1