The Giants sliding?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This seems to always happen to these guys right when they get good enough to win the division.

In 2009, they started 5-0. After a romping beat down by the Saints, they only won 3 more games to finish 8-8.

This seems to always happen to them, they lose to a playoff bound team, then they slide down hill and fall apart.

Now we are stuck hearing about how great the Eagles are going to bounce back, but does anyone else see the East as a race between the Boys and G-Men?

Just look at the Giants schedule, they are right in the zone to begin sliding as they are known to do under Tom Coughlin. They lost to the Niners, couldn't finish the Eagles (despite 3 turnovers on Vince Young) and next they have to enter a loud headache ascending world in New Orleans against a team that just had the bye week, and a much bigger threat offensively than their previous losses.

Just look at their up coming schedule
At New Orleans
Green Bay
At Dallas
Washington
NY Jets
Dallas

I think the Saints are going to roll them.
The last two years, the Saints come out with major improvements after the bye week. But if the Giants can't even stop the Eagles offense, how are they going to stop a quarterback that knows what he's doing? They got 3 interceptions on Vince Young, and still lost.They are in the perfect position to slide down like they are famous for. Lose to the Niners, Eagles, then the Saints, Packers, and Cowboys, and get yourself in a huge mess for the playoff hopes.

At this rate, I'm thinking Dallas could very well win the East.

2 Games they should have won were the Jets and Lions. If they had those, they'd be just 1 game behind the Niners, and 2 games behind us. I'm not worried about Dallas, they have some problems, but at this rate, the NFC East is all theirs if the Giants start to slide. The Eagles are out of it, and the Redskins would be lucky to win one more game for the rest of the season.

So is anyone else banking on the Cowboys making the playoffs? I know the Giants aren't out of it yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas made it. This will be really crazy seeing the playoffs have Dallas, Green Bay,and San Francisco in it, just like it always did in the 90's.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the only sure thing right now is our Packers, the Niners and all the last place teams.
Everything else is still up for grabs.
It's just too overwhelming for me to even think about making any predictions for anything else.
The Giants could win all of their remaining games.
We saw that last year with the Pack.
Just when things were looking bleak for them they got it together and, well, you know the rest.

At most I only watched like 10 minutes of Giants/Eagles.
From the score and what I watched it gives me hope when the Packers go and face them.
If the Eagles can beat them, then so can we.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
It's possible, but I still am taking Dallas over them. They are showing how vulnerable they really are with close loses.

I'm expecting N.O. had to have their defense actually show up against Eli, but I still won't count on that, the Saints are really going to have a day coming off the bye week with an extra day of preparation, it's also in the dome.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I have been semi on the Cowboys wagon (cautiously) ever since I picked them to beat NE (and they came oh so close). Romo was hurt for a while, they royally screwed up the Jets/Lions games and they managed to get by the 49ers in SF.

I might even trust the Giants less then I do the Cowboys.

I can see this happening:

1) Packers
2) 49ers
3) Saints
4) Cowboys

wildcards? Falcons might get one as of now.

49ers could have their hands full vs. the Saints in a potential divisional round matchup if they score nothing but FGs.....

Members online

Latest posts