The future

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BryanAschenbrenner said:
tromadz said:
another "GB will be trash without Favre" thread. Theyre trash with him.

I don't know if you're insulting Favre, the team around Favre, or both, but all rebuilding teams need to play a game where they are completely destroyed (in the packers case 2 games) to be able to tell that success comes in small amounts and eventually it will pay off if they keep applying what they've learned from their losses. I don't think anyone expected the packers to have 4 wins AND be in all the games that they've lost until the end (excluding bears and patriots games)at this point of the year. The fact that you call yourself a packer fan and then make a comment saying they're trash disgusts me.

It sickens me too.

I don't know what kind of Packer fans generally post to these sites, but this attitude is appalling. I guess we have to consider the source, or the poster.

Fair weather fans is what you'd call them, i guess.

Ha, im a fair weather fan now. Sure. Right.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mikegrubiak said:
BryanAschenbrenner said:
tromadz said:
another "GB will be trash without Favre" thread. Theyre trash with him.

I don't know if you're insulting Favre, the team around Favre, or both, but all rebuilding teams need to play a game where they are completely destroyed (in the packers case 2 games) to be able to tell that success comes in small amounts and eventually it will pay off if they keep applying what they've learned from their losses. I don't think anyone expected the packers to have 4 wins AND be in all the games that they've lost until the end (excluding bears and patriots games)at this point of the year. The fact that you call yourself a packer fan and then make a comment saying they're trash disgusts me.

It sickens me too.

I don't know what kind of Packer fans generally post to these sites, but this attitude is appalling. I guess we have to consider the source, or the poster.

Fair weather fans is what you'd call them, i guess.

Ha, im a fair weather fan now. Sure. Right.

I'm not saying you're a fair weather fan, I'm just saying your COMMENT contradicts you even being on these forums.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB wont necessarily be bad cuz favre wont be here. They could suck, or they could do not so bad.

Just another case of Favre-First Fans, GB second.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't even know where to start here. Just wondering what is gained by some of these posts. With all the negativity here makes me wonder where all the fans are who I saw still sitting in the stands in the 4th Q of that whipping. Those are the people I'd enjoy talking to. Good luck some of the people I've read here weren't there or after Aaron threw his first incompletion they would of walked out.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'm not saying you're a fair weather fan, I'm just saying your COMMENT contradicts you even being on these forums.

When you've posted more than 5,000 times on a single forum the misperception of contradiction is very likely to occur.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Two and Three years ago the Packers were competitive.

That's when Thompson arrived.

The 10-6 team 2 years ago was a fluke team. Kinda like the 13-3 Bears a few years back.

Being 10-6 after three seasons of 12-4, 12-4, and 10-6 is not a fluke!

Being 10-6 surrounded by two 4-12 seasons is a fluke.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you're what then, a TT-first fan?

GB second?

GM worship perhaps?

Mike...you nailed it. Some guys here ( I won't name names, for fear they call for banning me :rotflmao: ) believe it is a Favre vs. TT thing and for some reason they feel their loyalty lies with a GM that has taken them from constant playoffs to the bottom tier of the NFL as oppose to a QB that has been the face of the Packers during their great resurrection to the top.

Whenever somebody has anything bad to say about TT they will respond with a "Favre sucks" comment. They have either been fans for 2 or 3 years or are fans of opposing teams loving the fall of the Packers the last couple years.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're the youngest team in the NFL and we simply need to gain more experience. Nobody needs to be fired, hanged or tarred and feathered. We need more experience on the field. It's as simple as that.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
We're the youngest team in the NFL and we simply need to gain more experience. Nobody needs to be fired, hanged or tarred and feathered. We need more experience on the field. It's as simple as that.

I agree with the exception of Kurt Suckenheimer. :)

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you're what then, a TT-first fan?

GB second?

GM worship perhaps?

Don't worry about what Trom says. It is like the weather here in Ohio, if you don't like it, give it 48 hours, it'll change.
I don't know how Trom survives sittin' on that picket fence, it has to be real uncomfortable. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So how did the Packers become the youngest team?
Who is responsible?
Why was it so necessary to get rid of the majority of the players on a team that repeatedly went to the playoffs?

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh man,
DePack and Trom together again......

:stop:

Either one is posting good stuff if they're on their own.
Both of them together in one thread is just a pain in the
'A'

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh man,
DePack and Trom together again......

:stop:

Either one is posting good stuff if they're on their own.
Both of them together in one thread is just a pain in the
'A'

That's why there is an ignore button. You won't use it though because you love reading our debates. It's like a car accident. You know you should look away but you can't help yourself. Go back to the beginning of the thread and see who the Stalker is. Besides this place is dead without a little debate. :thumbsup: Nobody wants to hold hands and sing "Kumbaya" all the time. Do they?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys keep on the subject. It is a rather intresting topic and does deal with T.T. but that doesn't mean you need to turn it into a Favre vs. T.T. debate again. Go dig up those old threads if you want to do that.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has played two games. This pessimism is apalling in here. You need to play the best players in order to win. Brett's the best right now. He'll still be the best next year. Just because Rodgers isn't as good as Favre doesn't mean hes not good. Thats like saying Scottie Pippen sucks because hes worse than Jordan.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mikegrubiak -Get accustomed to some of these posters on packerforum. Some are "Instant generation" of Packer fans. "Instant" new QB to take the place of Favre. "instant rebuilding" program to replace the Packer teams of 13 years without a losing season. Of coarse, this is unrealistic thinking by these "Instant generation" posters.

You can't put a young 22 year old QB with little NFL experience into a game with the N E Patriots when your future Hall of Fame starter goes down injured in middle of a game. Place him behind a line made up of three rookie offensive linemen and a center with limited experience in NFL. Then the young QB breaks a bone in his foot about 5 minutes left in third Quarter and he plays through the entire fourth quarter. Aaron Rodgers of coarse, looks ineffective thru the time he plays in this game. What other result can you expect from this inexperienced QB under these circumstances. ?

Then you get these "Instant" expecting Packer fans carping and complaining about Aaron Rodger's performance in Packer-Patriot game in posts on the packerforum.

I was one of these "Instant" fans many years ago when Bart Starr was drafted in 1956. It took Bart Starr until 1960 to become a starting Quarterback of Lombardi's Packers. If Lombardi would have listened to Packer fans like myself way back then, Bart Starr would have been long gone before 1960.

In 1992 a wild gunsligger with cannon for arm came into Green Bay from out of Kiln, Ms. by way of Atlanta Falcons in exchange for the Packers first round draft choice. Nobody in Green Bay ever heard of this QB Brett Favre and he cost a first round draft choice.

Farve was young ,undisciplined & immature QB when he arrived in Green Bay. Some of Favre's best moves in his early days in Green Bay were in taverns on Main Street in Green Bay. He tried Mike Holmgren's patience, as well as , some Packer fans like myself.

In 1993, the Packers drafted a QB named Mark Burnell out of U of Washington who I thought had great potential. I thought , he might become the Packer's starter instead of Brett Favre. Mark Burnell never received a chance to play in a regular NFL Packer game. Former Packer GM Ron Wolf believed in Brett Favre and traded Burnell to Jacksonville. I again was wrong about another future Great Green Bay QB..

I no longer make fast judgements on Quarterbacks. I am now more willing to give young QB three years to develop. Most inexperience QBs need at least two full seasons starting as a NFL QB before you know if he is a competent QB in NFL. Trust but verify, by have another QB to develop while Rodgers gains this NFL experience. Just in case.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, Rodgers gets thrown into a couple blowouts when the opponent's D is just teeing off on the QB, and we are supposed to judge his performance based on that??!? A decent analogy is to tie a 40 lb lead weight to a world class swimmer and then sit in wonderment why he cannot compete at the level he and we are accustomed to.

Rodgers has not been provided the opportunity on the fireld to determine his worth, or lack thereof. Chill on the gloom & doom and savior predictions. He is a prospect with decent potential...nothing more, nothing less at this time.

As far as the teams drop-off in the last few years....well, old talent got old and/or went away. I will take this roster over that which we had two years ago in a heartbeat because there is an upside....actually a very large one...as all this young talent matures together. The old roster was in status quo mode...slowly rotting from within as MS clung to the hope of one last hurrah at the expense of the current and future roster.

Bottom line, Packers' fans are spoiled as we beat the system, and the inevitable downfall, longer than most.

On a final thought...DePack sucks...wouldn't know a pigskin from a ********!*

*Note: "Wouldn't know a pigskin from a ********" courtesy of, DePack!!

Have a great turkey day, bud!! And quit being such an instigator!! LOL

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, Rodgers gets thrown into a couple blowouts when the opponent's D is just teeing off on the QB, and we are supposed to judge his performance based on that??!? A decent analogy is to tie a 40 lb lead weight to a world class swimmer and then sit in wonderment why he cannot compete at the level he and we are accustomed to.

Rodgers has not been provided the opportunity on the fireld to determine his worth, or lack thereof. Chill on the gloom & doom and savior predictions. He is a prospect with decent potential...nothing more, nothing less at this time.

As far as the teams drop-off in the last few years....well, old talent got old and/or went away. I will take this roster over that which we had two years ago in a heartbeat because there is an upside....actually a very large one...as all this young talent matures together. The old roster was in status quo mode...slowly rotting from within as MS clung to the hope of one last hurrah at the expense of the current and future roster.

Bottom line, Packers' fans are spoiled as we beat the system, and the inevitable downfall, longer than most.

Have a great turkey day, bud!! And quit being such an instigator!! LOL

Simply a Brilliant Post! Now that I edited the part about De Pack in the quote.

Well Done! Otherwise.

R.P.

Members online

Latest posts