The Free Agency Thread

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really love this idea of Bryant. That would immediately take the sting from losing Jordy away. Right now the WR outside of Adams concerns me.

I just want Gute to keep pushing (responsibly), and field a roster that can compete with the much improved NFC. Get through the NFC, and slaughter the AFC rep in the Super Bowl. Would love to see Rodgers put up historically ridiculous numbers while demoralizing his opponents, and the Packer's D, just come out and stomp out whatever life teams thought they had left. Then, in the Super Bowl, Green Bay completely outclasses the AFC. I want to see Packers on the sideline taking selfies, signing autographs, and taking naps, all because the game is already decided. I want to see some soul snatching this season!!!

Oh...yea. I want Green Bay to dismantle the Vikqueens, sack Cousins over and over again, and somebody please give some payback to Anthony Barr. I kind of want Gute to go get a goon or two between the sidelines. Just a player or two that's a little...off.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want Gute to keep pushing (responsibly), and field a roster that can compete with the much improved NFC. Get through the NFC, and slaughter the AFC rep in the Super Bowl. Would love to see Rodgers put up historically ridiculous numbers while demoralizing his opponents, and the Packer's D, just come out and stomp out whatever life teams thought they had left. Then, in the Super Bowl, Green Bay completely outclasses the AFC. I want to see Packers on the sideline taking selfies, signing autographs, and taking naps, all because the game is already decided. I want to see some soul snatching this season!!!

Oh...yea. I want Green Bay to dismantle the Vikqueens, sack Cousins over and over again, and somebody please give some payback to Anthony Barr. I kind of want Gute to go get a goon or two between the sidelines. Just a player or two that's a little...off.

I agree with all of this. Living in MN that would just be too sweet of revenge. The last part is why I wanted Talib.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I think the Packers should go after Allen Hurns and Breeland/Peterson/Gaines and drop Cobb. Unfortunately that would send Rodgers into a tail spin. His personal connections mean more to him than winning. Which is fine, it’s a good quality to have. But as a fan, I want to win.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have 20M in cap space right now. Don't think they need to drop Cobb when you are going after scraps.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think the Packers should go after Allen Hurns and Breeland/Peterson/Gaines and drop Cobb. Unfortunately that would send Rodgers into a tail spin. His personal connections mean more to him than winning. Which is fine, it’s a good quality to have. But as a fan, I want to win.

I doubt they'll get rid of both Nelson and Cobb in one offseason. Nor should they. Rodgers' familiarity with Cobb is valuable and he can still play.

GBND4LIFE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well right now BG and Mm and A-Rod are golfing and I believe they are at the 3rd hole par 3. The offices are locked up. So don’t expect anything to happen anytime soon.

GBND4LIFE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haaa!! MM just double boogied at the par 3 and A-Rod laughes and MM said you wanna be traded or move to 2nd string remember we got DeShone Kizer now so keep laughing and then BG said yeah MM you keep running your chops and you’ll be gone!! I’m in charge here Now!!

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His personal connections mean more to him than winning. Which is fine, it’s a good quality to have. But as a fan, I want to win.
Remember when the narrative was that AR doesn't have any friends and nobody likes him? lol

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Haaa!! MM just double boogied at the par 3 and A-Rod laughes and MM said you wanna be traded or move to 2nd string remember we got DeShone Kizer now so keep laughing and then BG said yeah MM you keep running your chops and you’ll be gone!! I’m in charge here Now!!
You ignore the new front office structure. MM works for MM, not BG. They are equals in the hierarchy.

Conan Troutman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have 20M in cap space right now. Don't think they need to drop Cobb when you are going after scraps.

This. Hurns plus one of the second tier CBs won't be that expensive. And we can move a couple of millions (along the A-Rod extension) to next year when Cobb and Matthews will be coming off the books anyway if we do need a bit of extra space right now.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't follow proceedings as closely as many, so I'll take the easy way out and ask. I've seen him rated anywhere from #1 to #10 CB in the league. What previous trades would lead you to posit that something less than a 2nd round draft choice would bring him in trade?
the rams sent a 4th round pick this year, and a 2nd next year, for marcus peters. so to me a 3/2 for peterson would be about right. depends on perceived leverage/desperation of the teams involved.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who thinks the Packers are still looking for a FA WR for the #3 spot? If they have the cap space, I would feel a lot better going into the draft not needing to take a WR early. If there is a decent one in the 2nd or 3rd Rd, grab him and develop him, but don't rely on him having to start.

I mentioned it last week, but would love to see the Packers get a hold of Martavis Bryant from the Steelers. They are pretty loaded at WR and he seems to be the odd man out.

Otherwise, another guy I like and he is a FA, is former Bronco Cody Latimer. A second Rd. pick in 2014 that didn't do much in Denver, but he also didn't have much in the way of great QB's throwing to him.
i think cobb is the 3 spot. they need a 2 (or a 1 if you think adams is a 2).

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the rams sent a 4th round pick this year, and a 2nd next year, for marcus peters. so to me a 3/2 for peterson would be about right. depends on perceived leverage/desperation of the teams involved.

Yeah but I think Peterson is better (though that may debatable) and I think the Chiefs really wanted to move on from Peters. Peterson may want out but do the Cardinals want him out.

D

Deleted member 6794

Jaguars released Allen Hurns

Hurns might present a decent option for the Packers.

I think the Packers should go after Allen Hurns and Breeland/Peterson/Gaines and drop Cobb. Unfortunately that would send Rodgers into a tail spin. His personal connections mean more to him than winning.

I'm absolutely convinced that Rodgers is mainly interested in winning. I agree the Packers should pursue Gaines but have a hard time understanding why a lot of posters around here believe the Cardinals are shopping Peterson.

the rams sent a 4th round pick this year, and a 2nd next year, for marcus peters. so to me a 3/2 for peterson would be about right.

The Chiefs wanted to get rid of Peters for some reason. I don't see that happening with the Cardinals and Peterson as he doesn't strike me as a locker room cancer.

i think cobb is the 3 spot. they need a 2 (or a 1 if you think adams is a 2).

Adams has definitely proven to be a legit #1 receiver.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Captain; I may have been the one to start the Peterson stuff. My post on him was based on pure speculation from several writers that the Cards were going into rebuild mode and he wasn't happy about being a part of it.
That said, I'd still inquire about him.
Adams; wow, has that kid ever busted his butt to become one hell of a player. His lack of deep 'burner' speed isn't even an issue. To think I was one of the guys who wanted him gone, heh!
My plan moving forward would be to focus on pass rush. I don't want to see another draft spent on CB's to the detriment of other needs.

D

Deleted member 6794

Captain; I may have been the one to start the Peterson stuff. My post on him was based on pure speculation from several writers that the Cards were going into rebuild mode and he wasn't happy about being a part of it.
That said, I'd still inquire about him.
Adams; wow, has that kid ever busted his butt to become one hell of a player. His lack of deep 'burner' speed isn't even an issue. To think I was one of the guys who wanted him gone, heh!
My plan moving forward would be to focus on pass rush. I don't want to see another draft spent on CB's to the detriment of other needs.

The Cardinals signing Bradford to a lucrative deal indicates they aren't in a rebuilding mode. Therefore I don't expect them to trade Peterson.

I would definitely prefer the Packers to upgrade the cornerback position with at least one veteran. The draft should be used to improve at edge rusher as the team will be fine with Matthews and Perry starting.

Members online

Latest posts