The Free Agency Thread

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I LOVE this idea. It would probably end up only being a one year rental on Martavis Bryant, but at $705K and a 4th rounder, how could you go wrong? Even if he is only in Green Bay for one year, he becomes a factor in the compensatory picks for 2020.

Green Bay might be the perfect place for Bryant to be during his contract year.

https://lombardiave.com/2018/03/17/packers-trade-martavis-bryant/

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We aren't trading for PP, but maybe Darby.

On the bright side with Matthieu, Burnett should be cheaper now.

I would be surprised to see Burnett come back. He said he wanted a fresh start and I think it's more than just $$$ at this point....well maybe not more, but just as important.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I LOVE this idea. It would probably end up only being a one year rental on Martavis Bryant, but at $705K and a 4th rounder, how could you go wrong? Even if he is only in Green Bay for one year, he becomes a factor in the compensatory picks for 2020.

Thought Green Bay should've traded for him last year, even before the emergence of JuJu. However, because of that great rookie campaign, Bryant value may be lower than last offseason. If the Steelers are serious, absolutely go get him.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They’ve needed a big fast wr for years now...Bryant’s fits that mold and has a cheap price tag. He would easily be the #2 and allow Cobb to stay on the inside where he needs to be. Plus that gives Rodgers a legit 3 guys who can go up and get the ball with Graham and Adams in the mix. I think they need to add a speedster at wr through the draft...but adding Bryant makes that less of a priority.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would be shocked if the Packers stood pat at the CB position going into the draft, so with 15 of the top 18 (Rotoworld) FA CB's signed, who should they go after? Personally, from this list I would bring back Tramon Williams and sign Cockrell as well.

E.J. Gaines
Bashaud Breeland (failed physical with Carolina Panthers)
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Davon House
Delvin Breaux
Ross Cockrell
Adam Pacman Jones
Dontae Johnson
Byron Maxwell
Tramon Williams
Leonard Johnson
Jeremy Lane
Orlando Scandrick
Robert McClain
Alterraun Verner
Phillip Gaines
Leon Hall
Terence Newman
Marcus Williams
William Gay
Darrelle Revis
Marcus Cooper
Marcus Sherels
Brice McCain
Pierre Desir
Sterling Moore
Justin Bethel
Jaylen Watkins
Kenneth Acker
Bene Benwikere
Daryl Morris
Brandon Boykin
Sherrick McManis
Sheldon Price
Asa Jackson

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Breeland and tramon Williams seems about what I would expect/hope. Neither would cost a ton. Williams would be a one year guy so you can still draft a rookie in the first few rounds.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The "premo" get would be Patrick Peterson. Still has 3 years left on his contract and AZ would be subsidizing part of that. Think he would cost the Packers roughly $11.25 M in each of year 1 and 2 and then $12.5M in year 3. He apparently wants out of AZ, but what does AZ want in exchange for him? 2nd rounder?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
The "premo" get would be Patrick Peterson. Still has 3 years left on his contract and AZ would be subsidizing part of that. Think he would cost the Packers roughly $11.25 M in each of year 1 and 2 and then $12.5M in year 3. He apparently wants out of AZ, but what does AZ want in exchange for him? 2nd rounder?
I would give up a third for him. With a hefty contract we could leverage that we are doing AZ a favor. Happily give up a third for a CB of his caliber. If that happens, I feel very comfortable going into the draft.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn....with that contract he is probably worth next years 1st and a 4th this year. This years first is a little high but you are getting 3 years out of the best corner in the league for good money.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Somewhere I read that AZ was talking about a 2nd and a 4th. Given how much the Packers were willing to pay Fuller, they have the funds.

Arizona is picking right behind us at #14 and are probably eyeing one of the 4 or 5 top QB's, maybe swap picks with them and toss in a 3rd rounder for Peterson?

Someone is going to ask/say "Why would they want to swap picks with us?" Pretty simple, so we don't trade that pick with another team sitting behind AZ, that also wants a QB.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Somewhere I read that AZ was talking about a 2nd and a 4th. Given how much the Packers were willing to pay Fuller, they have the funds.

Arizona is picking right behind us at #14 and are probably eyeing one of the 4 or 5 top QB's, maybe swap picks with them and toss in a 3rd rounder for Peterson?

Someone is going to ask/say "Why would they want to swap picks with us?" Pretty simple, so we don't trade that pick with another team sitting behind AZ, that also wants a QB.
That would be an amazing deal. A 2nd a a comp 4th for a SHUT DOWN corner with 3 years of control at a decent price.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Never gonna happen. If he couldn't realize how dumb it was to waste his and everybody else's time making it easier for the Bears to lock up Fuller, do you really think he's gonna figure this one out?....
What do you mean by that? He made a great move making the Bears pay more than they wanted to for him.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well...plans a, b, c, and d, have gone bust. plan e will be a piece of "flex tape" to stop the bleeding and a cb in the draft. difference makers in free agency are gone.

When did Gute tell you his plans? For all we know his plan A is still right on schedule. Maybe your plan A B C D have gone bust but yours really don't matter.

Last edited:

VegasPacker

Cheeseman of the Board
Reaction score
What do you mean by that? He made a great move making the Bears pay more than they wanted to for him.

Step away slowly from the Kool-Aid for a few minutes. All he did was make it easier for the Bears to lock him up long term. If they had no intention of matching virtually any sane offer that came in, they would have never trans tagged him in the first place......it was a waste of time when it was announced, and it was still a waste of time now that was over. They could have used their resources and time more wisely with a CB they actually had a chance at getting on this team.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Never gonna happen. If he couldn't realize how dumb it was to waste his and everybody else's time making it easier for the Bears to lock up Fuller, do you really think he's gonna figure this one out?....

He didn't make it any easier for the Bears to tie up Fuller, they always had that option. They forced the Bears to and made it more expensive for them in the process.

As far as trading for Peterson, not sure why that is so far fetched? AZ is in rebuild mode, Peterson is not happy in AZ, Packers need a CB.....what piece of this puzzle am I missing? If you are implying Gute is dumber than me and wouldn't see this move, than you are giving me way too much credit, but thank you.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya....he made Fuller the 4th highest paid corner in the league. He screwed the bears. Fuller is not in the top 25 of corners in the league.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He didn't make it any easier for the Bears to tie up Fuller, they always had that option. They forced the Bears to and made it more expensive for them in the process.

As far as trading for Peterson, not sure why that is so far fetched? AZ is in rebuild mode, Peterson is not happy in AZ, Packers need a CB.....what piece of this puzzle am I missing? If you are implying Gute is dumber than me and wouldn't see this move, than you are giving me way too much credit, but thank you.

Peterson is also at the top of his game with two full seasons left in his 20’s and three more years of very reasonable team control. His cap hits over the next three seasons are basically 15M, 12M, and 13M. For an elite corner in his age 28-30 seasons, that’s a bargain.

I would love this move so much.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting Peterson for anything less than a 1st seems very far fetched to me.

I'd love it if we could, but I just don't see that being realistic. Any details on what Zona wants?

Latest posts