The Free Agency Thread

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robinson 2 years removed from 17+ ypc. I know there is a lot of if in that ACL but he certainly opens the deep ball game if healthy.
It's Team Robinson for me. Love his ability to make plays after the catch. Not the fastest but has a big body and great hands.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But here's the thing... Sefarian-Jenkins is scoffing at $4M per from the Jets, there's rumors Burton is going to be heavily sought after and could command $6M+ per year. Is $10M per for Jimmy Graham all that crazy?

I'd think I'd rather have Burton for 6+ than Graham for 10.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PFF had a report out last week that gb was a dream scenario for Watkins. Would love to grab him at the right price. I think he is motivated to prove his talent and he is hungry to play with an elite qb.

Watkins and Adams is a very solid duo at wr. Would love to get a te then as well

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
talk is cheap (pun intended) but until they sign people that are actually upgrades, and prove there's a mentality change out there, the talk is all kinda meh to me at this point.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
talk is cheap (pun intended) but until they sign people that are actually upgrades, and prove there's a mentality change out there, the talk is all kinda meh to me at this point.

That's all any of us armchair QB's can do, is talk...the real conversations come from Lambeau.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I really like the TE class this year. Due to cap concerns I would much rather pay a WR like Robinson or a CB like Johnson and target a TE in the 2nd or 3rd rounds of the draft.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like the TE class this year. Due to cap concerns I would much rather pay a WR like Robinson or a CB like Johnson and target a TE in the 2nd or 3rd rounds of the draft.

Ya but if you can secure Graham you are probably just about as well off or better immediately and can provide more time to the defense and oline during those rounds.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ya but if you can secure Graham you are probably just about as well off or better immediately and can provide more time to the defense and oline during those rounds.

For what it is worth, most reports are saying that it is between his former team the Saints and the Packers, so it will be interesting to see if the Packers are really willing to shell that kind of money out for a TE and then how they "fix" the defense.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what it is worth, most reports are saying that it is between his former team the Saints and the Packers, so it will be interesting to see if the Packers are really willing to shell that kind of money out for a TE and then how they "fix" the defense.

What if it is between Graham and Cobb? And Nelson and Watkins/Robinson?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I think the more likely scenario is between Jordy/Cobb and either Graham/Watkins/ or Robinson. I think it’s highly unlikely this team moves on from Nelson AND Cobb to get 2/3 of those guys. Now of the two who is the more valuable to the Packers? Cobb is 27 and owed 12.7 million this year with 3.2 million in dead money if cut. Jordy is 32 and owed 12.5 million with 2.3 million in dead money. To me, Jordy is more valuable because of the Rodgers-Nelson connection. I would love to see him moved to the slot. But the argument could be make that at 32 Jordy with the injury history is not worth 1 million more in dead money to cut Cobb. Also, I do not believe Jordys retirement has been ruled out. Would make sense that the Packers are looking at these receivers because a retirement announcement is looming.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Depends on what the Packers plan on doing in Free Agency. If they signed Graham and Robinson, without cutting Cobb and or Nelson, close the offices until the draft.

The cost of Graham is basically going to be either cutting Nelson or Cobb. Robinson and Watkins should come cheaper than the savings of cutting one of them.

Obviously, signing a medium to high priced FA WR means either Jordy or Cobb are gone. I would rather have Burton and Robinson/Watkins and let Cobb go. I still think Jordy is more likely to work out a new cap friendly deal and can provide the Packers with 2-3 more years of solid football.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It will never happen. But at the end of the Free Agency period, I would love to see the Packers release a report of what went on during the Free Agency period. Players they contacted, offers, etc. Again, will never happen, but would be a very interesting read.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
perhaps of interest to some of our readers
the bills have just made a deal with the bengals, which leapfrogged them ahead of green bay in the draft order to #12
so no draft day deal with the bills, but likely another slot ahead of us going QB

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
perhaps of interest to some of our readers
the bills have just made a deal with the bengals, which leapfrogged them ahead of green bay in the draft order to #12
so no draft day deal with the bills

I’m guessing the Bills are going to continue working their way up the board to get their guy at QB. Much like the Eagles did when they came up for Wentz.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Very true.

The Packers have a lot of room by getting their hands dirty and cutting one or both of Cobb and Nelson. Doing one might free up enough for Graham and change left over. Doing them both, might free up enough for someone like Burton and 2 WR's.

What if Cobb is gone, Jordy takes a cut, Rodgers does a very friendly deal?

could be a good off-season?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
tall is cheap and nothing more than talk.

but at least now people hear news about something.

With Ted there was hardly any news

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If Bills moved up to draft a QB and the Bengals weren't drafting one in the first, it's a plus for us, I hope many Qb's go early.

It's a plus in maybe the Bengals don't take the guy we wanted, but a negative from the standpoint of the Bills being a team that we may have been able to fleece for their 2 first round picks so that they could move up to #14 to get the QB they wanted.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Bills moved up to draft a QB and the Bengals weren't drafting one in the first, it's a plus for us, I hope many Qb's go early.

If 4 qbs are taken in the top 13, that leaves a hell of a talent available for us.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If 4 qbs are taken in the top 13, that leaves a hell of a talent available for us.

I am wondering if keenum to Denver makes them less likely to take a qb. I would assume so but reports are that if the contract is short enough qb could still be in play. I think they become more likely to to take a guy like Rudolph or Jackson by trading back into the late first.

Who are the top 14 QB likely teams now? Browns, Bills. Jets. Redskins. Giants. or team like the Cardinals trading up.

If cousins goes to one of those teams they are out. Sounds like Vikings or jets for him. I think 4 QBs go before the Packers. Browns for sure take one. Bills for sure take one. I think the Redskins would be more than happy to get one where they pick. Giants or Jets take another or Cards trade up. Allen, Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield all go before us. That is the dream right. Maybe another team gets ansty and wants Jackson or Rudolph ☺️

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts