The Five Most Important Games For The Pack This Reg Season.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
September 1st Tennessee at Green Bay.

What it is a preseason game R.P.? That may be the reaction from many people. but I believe this is a game the Packers must win. If I were M.M. I would prepare for this game like it was the Super-bowl and play all my starters. Momentum is everything and the Pack needs to start the momentum at home a week before the season starts with a big win, punctuated by big hit’s on Defense. Make a statement, and build confidence. I would even put a bounty out on Vince Young and LenDale White while they are on the field, and they will be. If M.M. does not know who has made the team by now God Help him.

September 10th Green Bay at Chicago

Once again, it is all about momentum and if the Pack can build the momentum from the Titan game and go into Chicago and start 1-0 it will be a fertilizing of the roots to a good season. Brett needs to be patient and the Packers need to make a huge step here.

October 22nd. Green Bay at Miami

Ya right Raider Pride? You’re an idiot. It is a non-conference game, how could this be one of the five most important games the Packers will win? No! Think again it the first game after the bye week. They travel to South Beach I say fly the team in on Saturday Morning. Schedule a light work out Saturday afternoon and have a team meeting before the 10 PM curfew. Let the team know that if they win they get a day off in Miami on Monday and fly back home Tuesday morning. If they lose we go home right after the game.

November 12th. Green Bay at Minnesota

Nuff Said:

December 21st. Minnesota at Green Bay.

This is what it all should boil down to. One game, playoffs or no playoffs. Lose and stay home.

Just my opoinion...

R.P.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: The Five Most Important Games For The Pack This Reg Seas

I think by far the most important game of the season is the home opener against the Bears.

If we win that game, the rest of the season's gravy.

D

Dan115

Sept 10--- dabears at GREEN BAY!!!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. Sept 10 vs Chicago *
2. Sep 17 vs NO Saints #
3. Nov 19 vs NE #
4. Dec 21 vs MN *
5. Dec 31 @ Chicago*
* If they can't beat the teams in their own division especially at home they are going no where.
# the games I will be attending :wink:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No game is as important as the first regular season game. After that game, it is week 2. After week 2, it's week 3...so on and so forth.

One game at a time baby...

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
September 1st Tennessee at Green Bay.

What it is a preseason game R.P.? That may be the reaction from many people. but I believe this is a game the Packers must win. If I were M.M. I would prepare for this game like it was the Super-bowl and play all my starters. Momentum is everything and the Pack needs to start the momentum at home a week before the season starts with a big win, punctuated by big hit’s on Defense. Make a statement, and build confidence. I would even put a bounty out on Vince Young and LenDale White while they are on the field, and they will be. If M.M. does not know who has made the team by now God Help him.

Great perspective on a preseason game...here's my take on the important games...

5. Nov. 19th vs. New England
It'll be a great chance for our team to really prove itself against what I think will again be one of the 2-3 top teams in the opposing conference

4. Nov. 27th (MNF) @ Seattle
Speaking of prove ourselves, we can prove a lot by taking out the defending conference champions...and certainly the holmgren BS will be thrown out by the media

3. Sept. 10th vs. Chicago
We can start the season off, build momentum heading into two easier games (DET, NO)...this game could be a step-stone to a 3-0 start...and double digit wins would almost certainly win our division

2. Dec. 21st vs. Minnesota
The division title could be on the line...and you know they will hype the hell out of this game because it will be one of the first on NFL network

1. Oct. 2nd (MNF) @ Philadelphia
What did you think I was gonna say...this is entirely personal, I hate this team with a passion--and pretty much my entire month of October depends on this game, for if the packers lose i will catch endless amounts of crap from roommates, friends and other fairweather eagle fans...This team will show me if its for real or not--some of our most discouraging losses have taken place against the eagles...this game determines the negativity in my posts for the last 2/3rds of the season. Then again a 1-15 season with a win in philly wouldn't be all that bad

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you win in your division, you have a very good shot at winning the division. Win the division games. If you guys think beating New England or Miami is possible then you might be disappointed this season. Now beating Detroit and Minnesota and possibly stealing one from Chicago. That would be a solid start for Green Bay. Most importantly, win the games you should win. Such as New Orleans, New York Jets, and San Francisco. That’s 7 or 8 wins I named there and only 1 playoff team. GB should be able to pull an upset if we’re healthy as well, like some of the games listed in other posts.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO the first 5 games are the most important starting with the Bears.

This is taking a page from last year when we got off to a bad start, lost a couple of games we never should have lost, injuries piled up, and we never recovered.

This is a young team that needs a good start and our schedule allows for optimism to have just that.

Beating the Bears would be great for our confidence and a good start up to the off week would set the table for a team that should improve as the year goes on and the guys get comfortable in the system.

A shot at the playoffs will only be possible if we get that good start.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
IMO the first 5 games are the most important starting with the Bears.

This is taking a page from last year when we got off to a bad start, lost a couple of games we never should have lost, injuries piled up, and we never recovered.

This is a young team that needs a good start and our schedule allows for optimism to have just that.

Beating the Bears would be great for our confidence and a good start up to the off week would set the table for a team that should improve as the year goes on and the guys get comfortable in the system.

A shot at the playoffs will only be possible if we get that good start.

I agree...I think we can start 3-0 if we beat chicago...and I think 4-2 in our division will be a great building block towards us gettint 9-10 wins and a playoff spot...i think we sweep detroit, split minn/chicago...and can take out teams like the jets, rams, 49ers, saints, cards, bills no problem

pretty much winning games we should win and winning our division are the two underlying factors

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts