The End Zone celebrations

Reaction score
If the"choreographed" celebrations come off as looking stupid, that's on the players. If they offend you or make you hate the game, then that's on you, just turn away and don't watch.
Trust me you don’t need to incite more fans to jump ship they’re doing it without your help I promise you. Those who are no longer watching the game have done it for a combination of reasons. Much of it has to do with lack of sportsmanship, lack of respect for others, lack of respect for our Country, increase in fighting etc.. The dramatic celebration is just the tip of the iceberg. The celebrations are nothing new, they have long been despised (but accepted) by many fans for being of poor taste in lack of sportsmanship and now they are being promoted?
It’s not the “celebrations” by themselves Poker. It’s the overall poor attitude and disrespectful nature of the players and coaches and NFL execs. (see Harbaugh slapping Swartz) and poor response of the NFL to stand up to that negativity behavior.
Furthermore, many like myself can see the trend and we don’t like the direction things are headed. I’ve been watching for over 40 years and this is the first year I’ve seriously contemplated taking a hiatus.
Were not alone or are we overreacting, so taking a patronizing stance of the folks who are becoming increasing aggravated by the sport and it’s antics isn’t the answer either IMO.
If the NFL expresses this same sentiment thry won’t get a poll or a survey, they’ll get the most painful result which a business can expect (this is a business) its called the silent vote (people abandoning the sport without as much as 1 word)

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trust me you don’t need to incite more fans to jump ship they’re doing it without your help I promise you. Those who are no longer watching the game have done it for a combination of reasons. Much of it has to do with lack of sportsmanship, lack of respect for others, lack of respect for our Country, increase in fighting etc.. The dramatic celebration is just the tip of the iceberg. The celebrations are nothing new, they have long been despised (but accepted) by many fans for being of poor taste in lack of sportsmanship and now they are being promoted?
It’s not the “celebrations” by themselves Poker. It’s the overall poor attitude and disrespectful nature of the players and coaches and NFL execs. (see Harbaugh slapping Swartz) and poor response of the NFL to stand up to that negativity behavior.
Furthermore, many like myself can see the trend and we don’t like the direction things are headed. I’ve been watching for over 40 years and this is the first year I’ve seriously contemplated taking a hiatus.
Were not alone or are we overreacting, so taking a patronizing stance of the folks who are becoming increasing aggravated by the sport and it’s antics isn’t the answer either IMO.
If the NFL expresses this same sentiment thry won’t get a poll or a survey, they’ll get the most painful result which a business can expect (this is a business) its called the silent vote (people abandoning the sport without as much as 1 word)
I respect your opinion, and personally I don't like the celebrations either. However, to me, they are just something the players have decided to do that I can ignore while I wait for the real game to resume.... kind of like the commercials lol. I never thought a 15 yard penalty was warranted unless the "celebration" is over the top taunting or other truly unsportsmanlike behavior. I am having a hard time putting this in the category of "other" behavior that you have. I do not know your age, but I know that as I get older I have become more resistant to the behavior of the younger generations , and feel like every generation in history seems to feel... that the younger generation is "lazy" and has no respect for tradition lol. We may be right, but it seems to be the natural cycle of things. Therfore... I have know plans to abandon the NFL because not everything is done the way I would like. A little tolerance has become necessary especially, I would think, for the things that really do not matter like end zone celebrations lol.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't care about the celebrations one way or the other. If the athletes want to express themselves in some harmless way, that doesn't bother me. The inconsistency is kind of strange though. Why is it that the celebrations were so taboo for so many years, and now all of a sudden it's okay?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

The NFL has a lot bigger problems then Players over celebrating IMO. So to lump that in the same category as a reason fans are leaving the game seems a bit over the top. When I said "turn away and don't watch if it bothers you". I wasn't implying to stop following football. I meant literally, turn your head and don't watch. I hate commercials and never watch them. I watch the games delayed so I can skip right through them. Should I be mad at the NFL for making people watch commercials? No, because I realize it's part of the game and the reason we watch it for free. Celebrations have been a part of most sports forever not sure why people want to remove that aspect of the game and penalize a guy for having fun and celebrating a genuinely happy moment. How would most Packer fans react if the league went back to the old rule and said "you know what, that Lambeau Leap is really an orchestrated celebration.....15 yard penalty".

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't pay much attention tbh. some are aight. Simple are best.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny how people criticized the NFL for years as the "No Fun League" and not letting the players show any emotion. Now they let the celebrations back in and everyone complains. Nature of the internet (and human nature) if you ask me.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Funny how people criticized the NFL for years as the "No Fun League" and not letting the players show any emotion. Now they let the celebrations back in and everyone complains. Nature of the internet (and human nature) if you ask me.
Pretty safe bet that it isn't the same people.

Reaction score
The NFL has a lot bigger problems then Players over celebrating IMO. When I said "turn away and don't watch if it bothers you". I wasn't implying to stop following football. I meant literally, turn your head and don't watch. I hate commercials and never watch them. I watch the games delayed so I can skip right through them. Should I be mad at the NFL for making people watch commercials? No, because I realize it's part of the game and the reason we watch it for free. Celebrations have been a part of most sports forever not sure why people want to remove that aspect of the game and penalize a guy for having fun and celebrating a genuinely happy moment. How would most Packer fans react if the league went back to the old rule and said "you know what, that Lambeau Leap is really an orchestrated celebration.....15 yard penalty".
I agree with you on the "problems" part. I think for me it's just become one more niche of things I don't like and call me old school but I do believe that what we say with our tongue and what we do with our actions sets an example beyond the game of football itself, especially for kids who are very impressionable (I hope they don't do this to their teacher when the get an "A" on a test)
I guess I'm just going to get a sore neck from turning away from the game after each score or I'll make extra trips to the bathroom or something.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take it back. There was one that made me laugh. I can't remember who it was but they reenacted the AJ Green/Jalen Ramsey fight. That one was hilarious. Other than that, they suck.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I much prefer the way Barry Sanders celebrated his TDs.

Exactly, act like you've been there, and you'll be coming back.
I'm one of those watching a lot less football but it has nothing to do with the protests. I don't have a problem with the protests, there is too much racism in our country and players bringing attention to it is fine by me.
I watch a lot less because the football itself is bad, too many really bad teams. Wasn't that long ago you could count on at least one really good game every week. Now, not so much.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem with the league making the celebrations legal. But I do agree that the "Barry Sanders/act like you've been there before" approach comes off as the most classy.

Members online

Latest posts