The End Zone celebrations

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer it when they just high five, embrace, do the jump n bump or the Lambeau Leap.
I think the choreographed ones just look ridiculous and silly and they are making way too big a deal out of it.
I'm fine with some celebrating but not when they take it over the top like they do.
What do you think or prefer?

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the Eagles made themselves look like morons when they did a group dance for an interception but it turned out to be an incomplete pass to the defender.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the celebrations. As long as its in good taste. If feelings are hurt on the other side, don't let him them score. Could you imagine T.O. and Ocho Cinco celebrating in today's league?

Reaction score
My first impression: The game is evolving into a theatrical performance after every halfway decent play, it’s a circus. The league used to have self respect, that is diminishing now IMO.
Won’t be long now that the NFL loses its reputation and with that big, big $$, it took 2 steps backwards the last 2 years.
I personally know at least 2 fans that cancelled their football subscriptions within the last 2 years. One of those is one of the smartest, most respectable and influential people I know. The NFL is losing its dignity and that’s sad.
The world teaches us that if things “are fun and don’t directly hurt others why not?” Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the way the celebrations are going someone is going to get fed up and invent a new sport, maybe a combination of two existing sports like baseball and basketball, and its going to sweep the country. Then one of the inventors is going to get a big head and start thinking he is above everyone else and his team will almost lose the championship but everything will be fine in the end.

As far as the celebrations go I guess I'm on the fence. Some of them are cute and clever but where do you draw the line.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My first impression: The game is evolving into a theatrical performance after every halfway decent play, it’s a circus. The league used to have self respect, that is diminishing now IMO.
Won’t be long now that the NFL loses its reputation and with that big, big $$, it took 2 steps backwards the last 2 years.
I personally know at least 2 fans that cancelled their football subscriptions within the last 2 years. One of those is one of the smartest, most respectable and influential people I know. The NFL is losing its dignity and that’s sad.
The world teaches us that if things “are fun and don’t directly hurt others why not?” Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.

What was your second impression?

H

HardRightEdge

I like it. The more inventive the better. My favorite was Adams dishing pretend food on other players' pretend plates instead of the self-aggrandizing "feed me". Nice.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By cracky I tell ya..., kids these days... LMAO

Oh.... was this a serious thread??

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Welcome to the Goodell Era. If these owners were smart and wanted to protect their brand they wouldn't give the joker another contract.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah.
How could I have left this one off my list?
Gawd, I miss seeing him do that.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I HATE celebrations in any sport until the game is officially over. Win the game and then celebrate as much as you'd like in the locker room. Show some sportsmanship and act like you've been there before.

D

Deleted member 6794

These little choreographed celebrations are tiresome.
The NFL is losing me!

I prefer the league allowing players to celebrate touchdowns or big plays rather than hitting the team with 15-yard penalties because of it.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am mildly annoyed at watching a bunch of obscenely-paid adults (well, OK, pro athletes, so maybe I don't hold that against them) go through the prepared celebrations rather than spontaneously expressing their job. I am really annoyed that they don't have a similar skit prepared for when the other team scores - I feel that a 'hey, let's stop the game so we can call attention to ourselves for that good play' needs one that says 'hey, in case you didn't notice, we really screwed that up, and we're sorry'.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, as long as they keep making good plays and win games, I'm happy to put up with celebrations.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about START making plays and winning games? How about holding celebrations AFTER winning?

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer the league allowing players to celebrate touchdowns or big plays rather than hitting the team with 15-yard penalties because of it.
I prefer the player just handing the ball to the ref and acting like he had been there before.
No need for a penalty and it would keep people like me from walking away from the game.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I preferred when those darn kids had to walk uphill in the snow going into either endzone! And the footballs were made the right way and looked like brown punching bags! Football isn't about fun for the players, it's about being a professional when playing a game!

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who is entertained by choreographed celebrations is probably entertained by watching a Slinky go down the stairs. They're all stupid. The spontaneous ones are much more enjoyable. These choreographed ones just look like they're trying too hard. Probably because they are.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who is entertained by choreographed celebrations is probably entertained by watching a Slinky go down the stairs. They're all stupid. The spontaneous ones are much more enjoyable. These choreographed ones just look like they're trying too hard. Probably because they are.
My feelings exactly.
To me the spontaneous ones show more of a love for the game.
And with the Lambeau Leap, the Packers should keep on sharing the joy with the fans.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By cracky I tell ya..., kids these days... LMAO

Oh.... was this a serious thread??
A range of diverse opinions, thoughts and feelings is what keeps this place interesting.
I welcome all words on this topic being serious or in jest, sarcastic or not.

D

Deleted member 6794

No need for a penalty and it would keep people like me from walking away from the game.

I have mostly agreed with your posts in the past but don't understand a die-hard fan thinking about to walk away from the game because of players celebrating big plays.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't care how Packers players celebrate a touchdown. It means THEY SCORED A TOUCHDOWN! I'll take a TD anytime and any way.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Is this a sign that the Packers are in the midst of a losing streak, a thread on hating celebrations? :coffee:

While I agree that some of the choreographed ones look foolish, but that is no different than a comedian whiffing on a joke. Why should that offend you?

I'm someone who will be watching a game all alone (or in a group) and if something exciting happens, I'm on my feet, arms raised, dancing around, doing back flips (if I still could)...totally looking foolish. I hope my neighbors don't petition to curtail my celebrations, nor would I be happy if fans in the stands were told "we are all adults, no more celebrating people".

If the"choreographed" celebrations come off as looking stupid, that's on the players. If they offend you or make you hate the game, then that's on you, just turn away and don't watch.

But as Captain said, I will take this over the stupid *** 15 yard penalties players were receiving, simply because they too wanted to dance around, do back flips, totally look foolish.....because what just happened excited them.

Members online

Latest posts