The Difference in Night & Day

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To put all that we're seeing this last week since the start of Free Agency.. Packer Fans everywhere, especially on the blogger sites. are practically up in arms with their arm chair Mgmt wannabe status run amok...

Take this guy Tom Oates who wrote this article here ----
http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/ ... 82&ntpid=3
Now, I don't know this guy - but if he's a real reporter and not simply a big fat guy who's lost his ability to get outta the Office - then this article is amazingly redundant - nothing new here at all... He's simply trying to pull an ESPN, with creating a story instead of reporting on one. Not one new tidbit of news.. all re-hashings...!

I gotta tell ya - I'm not the expert and neither are any of you - no matter what your reflections tell ya in the early A.M.

Truth be known - what we're seeing here - is the differences in Ted Thompson & Mike Sherman - and I do mean totally!
Sherman could be suckered - can any of ya say Chad Clifton? Thompson isn't about to be - in fact....
I bet TT plays one helluva a poker game - quite unlike ol pokerface himself, Mike Sherman....

And, let's be real here - someone had to clean up the messes that Mikey's created in the last three years.... ya hey?
Who else was gonna do it - Bob Harlan? Uh-huh!

Ted's no squeamish dude and he'll set this Ship right, or else go down with it! And, If I was a bettin' dude - and sometimes I am - then I'd say Ted's plan is to get us to stop using the water pails to throw water outta the sinkin' boat..... so's we can fix the sails and start headin' where we need to be....

On top of that - think of it like this... We all saw Brett throw up his hands right near the end of that Eagles playoff game - 2003, remember that? As if he'd had enuf - and couldn't do anything but laugh as he walked off the field.... The whole issue of striving to win the game had been ripped from him without his having anything to say about it... and then we saw - "Awww, what the hell..." and he never got back out on the field. After that Eagles game - I heard dozens of people tell me they weren't even gonna bother watchin the SuperBowl - and they WEREN'T Packerfans, either!

If anything is gonna make Brett retire - it'll be his Family (count on that)
If anything is gonna make Brett "wanna" come back? It'll be TT tactics here & now!

I'll weather this just fine... and so should all of you!

GO PACK GO

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
none of this would be needed if not for the mistakes known as joe johnson, kgb, hunt, sharper and the other endless big contracts of guys who don't live up to them.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB's problem is that without a balance coming from the other side of the field - it's too easy for opponents to double & triple team him.... meaning KGB. In the SuperBowl Teams - we saw balance - in Sherman's Era - we haven't! Joe Johnson was the worst of it - Hunt may actually benefit with the hiring of Jim Bates. Bates has mentioned him specifically.

We'll soon see!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
none of this would be needed if not for the mistakes known as joe johnson, kgb, hunt, sharper and the other endless big contracts of guys who don't live up to them.

Reynolds too who is still taking up cap space even though he isn't on the roster.

I hated seeing Wahle go, because he's a good player who still has some upside. But there is no way we could afford to pay that much for a guard. But all the other players, including Rivera (age, bad knees), have some warts of some kind.

After seeing us overspend to keep guys like Hunt or get over the hill guys like Joe Johnson, I think TT is taking a wise approach. Don't overpay for need if the player isn't truly special. I think you need to keep a core of young and upcoming players like Walker and Barnett to build around, but don't overpay for guys past their prime like Sharper and Rivera, and don't overpay for average talent like Jue. I think guys like that can replaced for less.

It hurts seeing guys like Rivera go, but I'd rather let them go too soon than hold onto them too late with a cap killing contract.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
AZ's been studyin' up on his Ron Wolf..... :mrgreen:

Wow Prez, get back to bed roflll!!!! :D

I see ya post lot here too, just joined about 20 minutes ago.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, LT - I like both this and the Favre board.... probably this one a bit better - because of its great design.... Favre's place, as I call it, is nice in that we can actually see Brett Favre interacting with the other posters....

Ain't being Armchair Experts... just the greatest thing!....

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
AZ's been studyin' up on his Ron Wolf..... :mrgreen:

Actually a baseball GM. I can't remember who it was, but I once heard a baseball GM say a long time ago that "it's better to trade a player a year too soon than a year too late" and I think I agree with that simple philosophy more than anything when it comes to running a team. Whether it's trades or free agency.

I do agree with most of what Wolf says though too, although I thought it was a mistake for Wolf to overpay for a past his prime Reggie White. I didn't think the Packers were close enough to being a contender at the time to sign a 30 something year old DE when they had so many other needs back then. Shows how little I know :D

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Uh-huh --- NOT gonna do it... We're a bunch of selfish fans.... right LT?
If ya wanna talk to Favre - you gotta go to "his" official web site....

BTW - try this web site too ---- www.BrettFavre.com

I would agree with that...LOL

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AZ? -- There's only "one" --- Reggie White.... ! A lot of people thought his best days were behind him... especially... the Philadelphia Eagles..... :twisted:

Now, guess who 'still' doesn't have a SuperBowl since 1960....?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts