The Difference and the similarity to the 96 superbowl team

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: The Difference and the similarity to the 96 superbowl te

Zero2Cool said:
My life was loads easier in 96. All I had to worry about was how I'd wrestle on the varsity team.

Now, I have a six year old, a job, rent, bills, bills, bills and more bills.

Ahh but your sweet wife makes it all worth it doesn't she?
OH god no. I didn't make that mistake. Still unmarried!

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People forget that while we did not have 1 stud back that went for over 1000yds that year, we did have 2 backs who combined for over 1500yds. They were also very good receivers out of the backfield, and likely added another 500yds that way. They were also excellent at blocking and blitz pick-up.

I cannot envision our current cast of backs replicating that type of production this season.

In addition, I think that our safety play was far superior during the most recent Super Bowl years and we had better tight ends.

But, this is a team that is coming together a little quicker than I had envisioned and sees more parity(mediocrity) in the league than in the late 90's.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People forget that while we did not have 1 stud back that went for over 1000yds that year, we did have 2 backs who combined for over 1500yds. They were also very good receivers out of the backfield, and likely added another 500yds that way. They were also excellent at blocking and blitz pick-up.

I cannot envision our current cast of backs replicating that type of production this season.

In addition, I think that our safety play was far superior during the most recent Super Bowl years and we had better tight ends.

But, this is a team that is coming together a little quicker than I had envisioned and sees more parity(mediocrity) in the league than in the late 90's.

yea the tight ends Chewy the child molestor and Keith Jackson were the best TE tandem in the league or near it. Edgar Bennet was one of the best receiving backs in the league and Dorsey Levens was pretty decent at it as well. Dont remember if Hendo was there back then or not. Safeties were a strength back then as well instead of the weakest link on D.

As far as parity, agreed. The 49ers and Cowboys dominated the early/mid 90's. There is no team like that in the NFC anymore. They would have the #1 offense & defense in the league, that dosent happen anymore at least not for more than a year.

Members online