The Day After

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I'm sitting her listening to the sports this morning I've come to some conclusions about the Packers of 2006. 1) We're just not very good. We lack talent. The free agent pickups, particularly Woodson and Manual, appear not to be the answer early on. Poppinga, may have made an amzaing recovery, he's just not a very good football player. 2) Our defensive coordinator could be in trouble because TT invested heavily in the draft on defense and those players had better improve. 3) Although we appeared to run the ball well, we ran the ball better on passing downs, and not so well on third down, which leads me to believe that our line isn't yet ready for primetime. The problem is, there isn't anyone there to repalce them so we're going to have to live with what it is. 4) For Mike McCarthy, game planning is important, the poor guy is stuck with a bad team and we may not know whether he can coach or not because unlike when Holmgren took over, there just isn't enough talent to make this team a lot better. I hope I'm wrong on this. 5) and finally it appears early on, that the moves made by Ted Thompson in free agency weren't very good. Which leads me to believe there is a reason he doesn't like the free agent way of doing things.

It's going to be a long season, but there is hope. We have to hope that this coaching staff is good enough to keep it all together and that they can teach enough to make the talent we do have better.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is hope!
We still have over 8 million dollars of cap money.
I'm sure Teddy will use some of this to improve the talent level and depth.
I'm sure he has his scouting department checking out the Arena Football league at this very moment.

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Long season you say?

1 for 11 on 3rd downs
fumble the kickoff
give up 2 interceptions
give up 3 sacks
sack your own QB by stepping on his foot
rough the kicker
back-to-back holding calls
give up an 84-yard punt return for a TD
zero points

Long season indeed!

Blame this loss on the whole team. These boys are just not ready for the bigs.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vixtalkn said:
Long season you say?

1 for 11 on 3rd downs
fumble the kickoff
give up 2 interceptions
give up 3 sacks
sack your own QB by stepping on his foot
rough the kicker
back-to-back holding calls
give up an 84-yard punt return for a TD
zero points

Long season indeed!

Blame this loss on the whole team. These boys are just not ready for the bigs.

You need to move""give up 2 interceptions" to the bottom of the list, these happened after everyhting else, Brett finally IMHO just got frustrated with the play calling and tried to make something happen.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats ********... talk about green and gold glasses. how bout brett favre glasses.

he threw the interceptions he is to blame just like every other player on the team. If he got frustrated, he needs to learn how to control himself all of a sudden. and if you think a man with several several 4th quarter come backs is gettin flustered and frustrated causing him to throw picks. your a little offbase.

I freakin love brett favre, but for god sakes the man isnt jesus.

and maybe the interceptions arent all his fault. bad routes, bad protection... whatever... he still threw the ball into the other teams hands.

say what you want about jennings... brett just plain and simple overthrew that ball.

G0dLivesInGreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"give up 2 interceptions"

Dude, we were down like 24 to 0 when these two interceptions happened. What did you want Brent to do, just take a knee on every play so the INTs wouldn't show on the box score?

After we had zero points going into the 4th, I was like, Brett just go ahead and gunsling the ball and let's try to win with your arm. I don't care if he would had 5 INTs in the 4th quarter. The point is we were down big time near the end of the game and we needed to do whatever it takes to win, and that includes TAKING risks.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed w/ the brett int comments...i blasted him for his poor decision making last year...but the game was over, no chance...he made intelligent safe decisions to give them a chance early on...and when it was over he started throwing picks...it was a non-factor

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
thats b.s.... talk about green and gold glasses. how bout brett favre glasses.

he threw the interceptions he is to blame just like every other player on the team. If he got frustrated, he needs to learn how to control himself all of a sudden. and if you think a man with several several 4th quarter come backs is gettin flustered and frustrated causing him to throw picks. your a little offbase.

and maybe the interceptions arent all his fault. bad routes, bad protection... whatever... he still threw the ball into the other teams hands.

say what you want about jennings... brett just plain and simple overthrew that ball.

The reality of the whole situation is.....
The Game Plan stunk.
We made no adjustments to correct the problems in the first half.
We were outcoached and outplayed in all phazes of the game.
AND OF COURSE WE WERE DOWN 26-0 BECAUSE IT WAS ALL BRETT'S FAULT.

SOMEONE PLEASE BAN ME FROM THIS SITE, THE IGNORANCE IS TOO MUCH TO TAKE ANYMORE!!!!!!

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like we said in preseason that other teams will double cover Driver and Brett has no place else to put the ball.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Apparently you didn't watch the game.

His QB rating was around 100 at the end of the third quarter. Then the score was 26-0. His ints had no effect on the game.

wayneweltzin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least their was some positive, Green looked good. He was running the ball inside. Our guards and center may be horrible on pass coverage, but they looked OK on the run. Then again, Green probably made them look good. Jenkins and Kampman at least earned their paycheck. Hawk and Barnett did a nice job filling the gaps on the run and holding Jones to 60 yards on 20 carries. Woodson and Harris/secondary getting owned by the Bears receivers may have caused some concerns. At least we paid 7 mill for a good punt returner in Woodson :p

wayneweltzin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pack do have some cap money, David Boston and Charles Rodgers were released. Nothing against Jennings being number 2, just could use someone with some experience and take the pressure of Driver. Also, is Orlando Brown still a free agent? I know he is a Tackle, but that guy is huge and someone that could beef up that o line. Farve did throw acouple bone head INTS at the end. At least give him some credit, He did have a great first 3 quarters. Not totally his Fault that he was running for his life and sacked 4 times or so and he did make some nice throws to Driver with the Bears knowing actually where he was going with the ball. To thread the needle on that Bears D is damn hard to do.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Packnic said:

Apparently you didn't watch the game.

His QB rating was around 100 at the end of the third quarter. Then the score was 26-0. His ints had no effect on the game.

Brett played his heart out. At the end of the game he did what he has done the last few years. He got frustrated and wasn't taking care of the ball. I have no problem trying to make plays. Sometimes you're going to throw an interception. In this game, the game was over. I just expect Brett to play in control all the time, that's what the great QB's do.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i knew that brett was going to throw it up when the game was 26-0.

he had no choice but to do that. their is no way the packers would have scored 26 points in 12 munits.

favre throwing it up was the only hope we had for winning.

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Noah Herron fumbling the kickoff... That was a free field goal for the Bears. What about allowing the Bears to return a punt for a TD? These had nothing to do with Favre.
What about Manuel's blown coverage which allowed the Bears to score a TD? Anyone that forgets these things is a Favre hater.

Brett did not lose this game.

PERIOD. You people need to wake up

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the bears scored 17 points because of the packers faults!!!

if it wasnt for those people the packers would have had a chance to win the game!!!

greenbegas its a good thing you pointed that out.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO ONE is saying its all bretts fault at all. But he takes the same amount of blame as everyone. he threw 2 interceptions.... noah herron fumbled, defense sucked... all amounting to a bad loss. you cant exclude brett just because you like him.

How can you say an interception with over 12 minutes to go, has no effect on a game.

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers would have scored a TD, instead of FAvre throwing his first INT, they still would have had no chance to win. That's all I am saying.

When the PAckers went for it on 4th and 1 AND didnt get it, that is when I considered the game over.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts