The cowboys

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmm i guess u dont wanna talk about when we beat ur *** last year. and u think adding this rookie loser is gonna change the team that much? if anything it hurt your team but u "fanboys" cant see past ur GB gay love to see that u havent even played a real team yet. trust me by the time T.O scores his 3 TD before the half youre gonna wish u had bretts cannon back

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have been here and we will be here ... get it ,, there is nothing you girls can do to change that .... this is green bay ,, dont get it twisted ... ohh and Rodgers has a cannon too ,, so dont get that twisted eighter .... shouldent little girls be in bed by now ,,, dreaming of the playoffs you havent seen ...

SaltwaterServr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike bat said:
we have been here and we will be here ... get it ,, there is nothing you girls can do to change that .... this is green bay ,, dont get it twisted ... ohh and Rodgers has a cannon too ,, so dont get that twisted eighter .... shouldent little girls be in bed by now ,,, dreaming of the playoffs you havent seen ...

Wow. You are truly an enlightened individual. Playoffs we haven't seen? I guess 2006 and 2007 seasons don't count but hey, you've only been here for a month. I wouldn't expect you to know much about anything.

By the way, you should probably read over the forum rules. There's a smack talk sub-forum dedicated to the diatribe you're spewing forth. Sucka.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr said:
mike bat said:

Wow. You are truly an enlightened individual. Playoffs we haven't seen? I guess 2006 and 2007 seasons don't count but hey, you've only been here for a month. I wouldn't expect you to know much about anything.

By the way, you should probably read over the forum rules. There's a smack talk sub-forum dedicated to the diatribe you're spewing forth. Sucka.

HERE like Here as in fan ,, so because ive olny been on this fourm for a short time means i was never a fan ... i geuss i just lived in Green bay most of my life ,, never knowing about the Packers untill i joined this fourm .... and as for your cowgirls going to the playoffs ,, who cares ... were too bussy watching the packers to worry about the cowgirls ...

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboysfootball said:
hmm i guess u dont wanna talk about when we beat ur *** last year. and u think adding this rookie loser is gonna change the team that much? if anything it hurt your team but u "fanboys" cant see past ur GB gay love to see that u havent even played a real team yet. trust me by the time T.O scores his 3 TD before the half youre gonna wish u had bretts cannon back

Er, what rookie loser are you refering to? Rodgers? He isn't a rookie and he won't make the same boneheaded mistakes that Favre did the last time we played.

sandtrapjack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike bat said:
sandtrapjack said:
[quote="mike bat":ukr4leji]IMO ,, there are 2 keys to this game .. 1 preasure ROMO ,, we cant allow him to sit back there and pick his shots ... 2 is spred that ball around ( simalar to what we did to lions ) ballace the offence ... i agree we very well could walk away with a win .... we have to play smart ... i believe we could win this game ..
Pressure the QB? Balanced attack?
You think those up all by yourself?

The Packer defense has to bring its "A" game and maybe more. The Packers have not really been tested this year yet, no offense but it is not like the first two weeks of the season were games against what anyone would call "powerhouses".

But they will get tested Sunday night.

alright they are common thoughts ,, ill give you that ... but since you want an answer ill give you that too ... everyone and thier mom knows ,,, romo cant handle preasure ... if we send some preasure his way ,, look for romo to just drop the ball on the field or start throwing picks ... we have two of the best corners in the leauge ,,, so l will be watching for a couple picks ... as for us bringing our a game D ,,, no i dont even think we need that ....
the other part of the game the offence ... this is simple ,, i look for dd and Jennings and maybe Nelson too to attack that weak secondary of dallas ... dallas is known to give up the big play ... i believe this packer squad will go into lambeau and hand dallas thier *** ... we have the tools ,, just havent shown them all yet ...
and as for dallas beating the eagles ,, not a big deal ,,, so what ...[/quote:ukr4leji]

Pressure Romo? Did you know that Romo is the ONLY QB in the NFC that has not been sacked this season? And yeah admittedly Romo tried to force a couple of things on Monday, forced a pass that was picked by the Eagles on the Dallas 24 yard line. Tried to be a magician in the end zone and fumbled for another Eagles TD. Not to mention that these 2 happened on consecutive offensive possesions.

But then he went on to light up the sky passing for over 300 yards again, and 3 TD's again. The mark of a good QB is not just consistency, but the ability to overcome mistakes. If anyone should know this it is the Packers.

And if you review the previous 2 games, you will see that both Anderson (Browns) and McNabb were running for thier life most of the night because of the pressure from Dallas's front 4.

Not saying this is an easy game for either team. Like was said, Cowboys have never won in Lambeau.

But I also think it will be more difficult for the Packers. They have a more daunting task than the Cowboys do.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand this will sound bias, Sandtrap because I am a Packer fan, I have to desagree and say the task is on Dallas. GB has arguably a top 5 LB corps that will allow the D line with established pass rushers to get pressure on Romo. The Eagles have a decent d line, but when it comes to rushing the pass, using KGB exclusively and Kampman, teams have had difficulty keeping up. Lets not forget that last years game was close AFTER Favre left with that injury. Dallas proved Monday night they have difficulty defending the pass. Driver, Jones, and Jennings are all threats, and Nelson when put in has some Welker-like talent.

Now hear me out here, Dallas fans. Both teams had this debate last season. I felt Dallas would win because it was played in Dallas. GB has the edge because of home field advantage. Argueing aside, lets see what happens this weekend, it's going to be an excellent game regardless.

sandtrapjack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dansz15 said:
I understand this will sound bias, Sandtrap because I am a Packer fan, I have to desagree and say the task is on Dallas. GB has arguably a top 5 LB corps that will allow the D line with established pass rushers to get pressure on Romo. The Eagles have a decent d line, but when it comes to rushing the pass, using KGB exclusively and Kampman, teams have had difficulty keeping up. Lets not forget that last years game was close AFTER Favre left with that injury. Dallas proved Monday night they have difficulty defending the pass. Driver, Jones, and Jennings are all threats, and Nelson when put in has some Welker-like talent.

Now hear me out here, Dallas fans. Both teams had this debate last season. I felt Dallas would win because it was played in Dallas. GB has the edge because of home field advantage. Argueing aside, lets see what happens this weekend, it's going to be an excellent game regardless.

Good points. But I have to also point out that when a QB can move around and create more time in the pocket, it will always allow his receivers time to get open. McNabb did this brilliantly on Monday night. McNabb was sacked 4 times Monday night, but his elusiveness and lower body strength allowed him to escape about 4 or 5 others. And when he did this, he had over 8 seconds in the pocket to move around and let his recievers get open.

Yes Rodgers had some success against the Cowboys last season when he went in for Favre. But there was no game film on Rodgers and the defensive game plan was centered around Favre, and it worked as Favre was barely effective at best until he left the game.

It will be a diffferent ball game when a defensive coordinator game plans around Rodgers.

What I really like about Rodgers is his actions in the pocket. I love the way he does his reads and "check downs". When a QB is progressing through his reads normally you can see him turn his head, and the defense will react to that. Rodgers does not turn his head, he moves his eyes, and that is an outstanding trait if you ask me, it certainly will keep a defensive secondary guessing.

And you can drop KGB's and Kampmans name all you want. The Dallas O-line has already faced the likes of Shaun Rodgers, Wille McGinest, Corey Williams and Trent Cole and Romo has not been sacked even once. The offense averages over 430 yards per game, Romo is completing more than 72% of his passes and the rushing game is averaging 4.3 yards per carry. This is the best O-line that you will face all season.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you can drop KGB's and Kampmans name all you want. The Dallas O-line has already faced the likes of Shaun Rodgers, Wille McGinest, Corey Williams and Trent Cole and Romo has not been sacked even once. The offense averages over 430 yards per game, Romo is completing more than 72% of his passes and the rushing game is averaging 4.3 yards per carry. This is the best O-line that you will face all season.

Now hold on a second. I'll give you Cole, but those other guys don't hold a candle to EITHER Kampman or KGB when it comes to rushing the passer. Corey Williams? He didn't even start on OUR team last year. That being said, I realize that you guys have an awesome offensive line, and it will definitely be a true test for us. I would just say don't bring up inferior players and say "see? these guys couldn't even get a sack".

MoxRox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To say that they "don't hold a candle to EITHER Kampman or KGB when it comes to rushing the passer" is pretty weak. You're talking about some of the top pass rushers in the league. Dallas manhandled them. The Dallas O line manhandles every pass rusher out there. I don't see GB making any difference.

The only way GB is going to make a game of this is to take advantage of any Dallas mistakes and put 7 on the board for each one. You will not win with field goals.

This Dallas team is the most talented in the NFL right now, and while GB has some good players, don't make the mistake of assuming that because Rodgers helped lead them to victories over two bad teams that they're ready to stand next to Dallas.

sandtrapjack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:

Now hold on a second. I'll give you Cole, but those other guys don't hold a candle to EITHER Kampman or KGB when it comes to rushing the passer. Corey Williams? He didn't even start on OUR team last year. That being said, I realize that you guys have an awesome offensive line, and it will definitely be a true test for us. I would just say don't bring up inferior players and say "see? these guys couldn't even get a sack".
Even so, the Packers as a team only have 6 sacks for the season so far, which is only only 2 sacks more than the Eagles. Although they did play the RAMS in week 1, the Eagles led the league in sacks with 4 in week one. Jim Johnson is a blitzing machine in Philly.

Talk about non-production, right back at you on KGB. He really came out of the gates this season! He has 2 whole tackles and 1/2 a sack in 2 games! What a fantasy stud he is starting out to be in 2008!

So like you say, don't bring up inferior players and say "see?".

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually have to respectully disagree with it being a hell of a game. I think both teams will play conservative only trying each other on occasion and the 2nd half will be a blow out. I respect GB and its fans but dont thnk Rogers is ready for cowboys defense to come barling down on him. Its easy to make good reads and not move your eyes and all that against Detroit and even then they still had him scrammbling.

halftime -
boys 14
gb 7

game end-
boys 31
gb 21

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we get beat this year it will prob be towards the end of the year after we have already secured our playoff position

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*post deleted*

Forget it, it's obviously futile to argue with Cowboy fans. Yes, you have a great team - but you guys act like you just have to throw your hat onto the field to win. You're not THAT good. All's you need to do is look to last year and the Patriots to know that every team is beatable. Are you better than the Packers? Probably - we're still a work in progress. Is Aaron Rodgers untested? Of course! and he's going to have bumps along the way. But, this team is built for the long haul and long after the Cowboys implode with your *ahem* high-character guys we'll still be going strong.

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and even if they are THE top pash rushers in the league we are the BEST offense in the league. our weapons on offense almost make ur pass rush non existant considering how fast our recievers break down coverage and much a beast we can be from the back field with jones or barber

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im gonna make a thread of what im about to say so everyone else can read it too.

I dont know what to call it but it should have a name. The disease or complex or whatever that makes teams and fans believe that replacing one person on a team will dramatically influence the entire team to make them that much better. Favre himself realizes that he doesnt expect to go to the playoffs with the Jets just because he is there. One person doesnt make a team. So if Favre realizes it then what makes anyone think that just having Rogers who IS NOT better than Favre is going to propel GB further than its gone before? if anything GB can probably hope for a season like last year AT BEST. Probably 1 or 2 losses more. Not tryin to stir anything up just being realistic.

MoxRox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best pass rushers in the league couldn't get to Romo last year, and we're showing our ability to protect him even better this year. Only 1 QB in the league hasn't been sacked.

Our offensive line is as good as it was back in the 90's when Troy enjoyed the same kind of protection...back when Erik Williams and Nate Newton used to slap around guys like Reggie White.

Plus, Romo is quick and can find the open man very fast.

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and give it a little longer and our defense will be at that same level esp when all our players are back healthy by end of season and when adam jones gets the rust out

MoxRox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboysfootball said:
and give it a little longer and our defense will be at that same level esp when all our players are back healthy by end of season and when adam jones gets the rust out

Expect Newman to be 100% and starting this weekend. That puts Jenkins, who is performing better than Jones, on the third receiver. Also, Watkins replaces Williams in the secondary...and Watkins is a MUCH better coverage guy than Williams.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as it pains me to be the bearer of bad news cowboy fans ;) , most NFL teams are pretty even and the difference maker in games is mistakes and turnovers. So whoever makes the fewest mistakes Sunday night will be victorious.

Members online

Latest posts